The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 23rd, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Day of the Cowboy, Vanilla Ice Cream Day, and National Drowning Prevention Day

Destroying things is much easier than making them.--Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

Meal Suggestion for today - Tempeh Buffalo Wings
Drink of the Day - Coconut Snowball Martini
Wine of the Day - Henschke - Henry's Seven Barossa Gsm Blend 2021
Destination of the Day - Naha, Okinawa Island, Japan

Today in History:
1840 Union Act passed by British Parliament, uniting Upper & Lower Canada

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea destination Juneau, Alaska eta 24 Jul

Koningsdam

At Sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau Alaska eta 24 Jul

Nieuw Amsterdam

Whittier, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Statendam

Stavanger, Norway 1000-1800

Noordam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Oosterdam

Mgarr, Gozo 0800-1500

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Oslo, Norway eta 24 Jul

Volendam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 0700-1500

Zaandam

Portland, Maine 0800-1600

Zuiderdam

Bar Harbor, Maine 1000-1900

0723World.thumb.png.2fc1f883cc23f1eb98d5bb09d0723991.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich @richwmn.

We had a wonderful church service this morning and we have just got home.

It is 11.45am 54°F and still raining.

I hope everyone likes Father David's sermon which I have just posted.

I like Vanilla ice cream.

Drowning prevention is so important.

I have watched lots of Western movies and read lots of Western books so Day of the Cowboy is relevant to me.

A true quote and nice food today.

Prayers 🙏 and God bless.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Another nice sunny day here, about 26°C (79°F).  Not much on the agenda unless you count taking Bertie for a walk.

An interesting collection of days.  I don't know any cowboys.  I love vanilla ice cream.  Drowning prevention is extremely important.  Wear your life jacket!

The quote is true.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I'll pass on the drink and hope the wine is tasty and not expensive.

I haven't been to today's port.

Interesting day in history.

Prayers for our crazy world.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care list:

The passing of Ger_77’s friend on 7/16; friends’ bad news

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-op, lung infection, back on ECMO

NextOne’s friend Denny with a large stroke, and his DW Bonnie

Summer slope with a health issue

Ill Dailyite pets - Kazu’s Ivan, Heartgrove’s Sam, Crazy For Cats’ Jasper

RIP Tony Bennett 

6 deaths in Bucks County flash flooding; 1 child still missing

All affected by wildfires, storms/flooding, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again and again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Catmando appointment regarding proton radiation therapy

1Angelcat’s friend B with medical issues

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday summer slope (Dixie)!

Vict0riann and Pat both feeling better

Mr. Boston at Squam Lake for the weekend with friends

Denise T’s new puppy Fancy

Kazu’s Ivan showing improvement

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for StLouisCruisers (Zaandam July 29 to Aug 23) DH 75th BD and 54th anniversary

7 days for AV8rix (Nieuw Amsterdam July 30 to Aug 13)

Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23) + 3 days in Copenhagen, Crazy For Cats (Zaandam to July 29), Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta to Aug 1), Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23) and NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 15

Coconut Snowball Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/4 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
2 parts Cream of Coconut
Honey
Shredded Coconut

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with honey and shredded coconut around the rim.

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 6.53.21 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 14

Just now, summer slope said:

Coconut Snowball Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/4 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
2 parts Cream of Coconut
Honey
Shredded Coconut

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with honey and shredded coconut around the rim.

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 6.53.21 AM.png

Happy birthday Dixie.

Thank you for your wonderful daily contributions.

Graham.

dixie-12.gif

• Like 21

Good morning friends!  I have 69F with the sun recently risen.  High will be 89 and sunny today.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report. 

Hmmm.  The Day of the Cowboy probably won't affect me at all, but all the cowboys out there should have a roarin' good time.  Vanilla Ice Cream Day will be celebrated this evening when I have a little treat after dinner.  And drowning prevention would be a great goal, I just wish I knew of all the ways that is accomplished besides life jackets.  Better read up on it.  I would probably pass on the Tempeh Buffalo Wings but appreciate the effort it takes to research them Tina @0106, and the time it takes to prepare them.  Wow, what a name for the cocktail today!  And I could say the same thing about the wine!  Thank you Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard.   Interesting tidbit about Upper and Lower Canada.

Prayers for our people in need, especially poor little Baby Murphy who continues to have setbacks after going forward a step or two.  🙏  Today would have been my DMIL's 97th birthday.  Her mother and one sister lived to those ages, but sadly DMIL did not.  Still a long life!   Hurray for the lucky people celebrating happy events in their lives!  Happy Birthday Dixie @summer slope.  Smooth sailing to the sailors, and I hope the new cold Terri @Cruzin Terri has isn't too awful.  Also that there is nothing seriously wrong with her new HVAC unit at home which doesn't seem to be working properly.  Maybe it's just the thermostat Terri.  Good luck!

The port of the day is Naha in Okinawa, Japan.  We had this port previously on March 21, 2021 and April 14, 2022.  Here are the links to those dates.  I went to Okinawa once and may have posted some photos and if so will post them afterward.

We were there in 2010 on Diamond Princess on our Asia cruise.  That is where our ship docked and we got off to look around a bit.  I'm happy to see some photos posted here of the many attractions others have enjoyed.  

These same dancers greet all the ships it seems.enhance

Costumes up close.enhance

Everyone's favorite shopping street.enhance

enhance

I can't imagine picking this jar of snakes to take home as a souvenir.  Look at those fangs!enhance

The covered pedestrian street.enhance

enhance

enhance

Heading back to the ship.enhance

I hope today is a pleasant and calm day here at the Daily and in your own lives as well.  Stay safe!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Tempeh buffalo wings, another vegan recipe?  Tempeh is a plant-based protein source made from fermented soybeans that have been formed into a block. It's known for its high protein content, it offers a host of different health benefits, it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals like calcium, manganese, phosphorus, and iron.  Tempeh is a plant based protein source that is made from fermented soybeans. On its own and uncooked, tempeh has a very mild taste and is almost flavorless. However, it does a great job soaking up marinades and flavors so a buffalo preparation is perfect.

These Buffalo Tempeh Wings are coated with panko and fried.

erLm51GMXJvR635WSaRncPAPg6odmO2L6azbjElMkVzgDNkLYfm-1pTVkpXxcp9voGWEkv6jx897cXpsvYbZh9kbAroiGN0OfL7oRmy3vlhQ0wbmqbBZqZ6b4VWkX6njwXuKoxdj8yeDGedXSB7vFyU

These Buffalo Tempeh Wings use bread crumbs and are baked.

IRa0-aL-osfaQ7kb6uKpD-DZlxmH-A1aAt8RJXGSgvEEOog5nrUpLjOVZwC6V67kPkmMXJnzXKVZ9pdBlpPcls8f7p7eifGIIzCts9skfR28bnn_sPAXFyT28Midp_o4TuJOmhOVYwLoLsIouMqcgto

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! A lovely start to the day after an evening and night of heavy rains and T-storms. 

Vanessa thank you for all you do to help us keep up with one another!

@summer slope Dixie, hope your new year is filled with love, laughter, great health, tasty cocktails & a cruise - or two. 

IMG_3005.jpeg.adbbb6780198c040bbf4cfc4d4ed11c8.jpeg

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores and maybe some pool time 🤞🏻 - should keep me busy. 

IMG_1520.jpeg.19c4070ea18b83f483e8c275196f2bac.jpeg

IMG_1519.jpeg.a65c154723551c12a38284bfc6a84dc5.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support.  Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Henschke - Henry's Seven Barossa Gsm Blend 2021

This Australian GSM is a gem! It is amazing how much that tiny bit of Viognier helps temper any harshness from those bold red grapes. It is available from a decent number of distributors with prices starting at $41.94.

Winemaker Notes

Deep garnet with violet hues. A striking bouquet of ripe plum, raspberry, blueberry and notes of blackberry intertwine with savory notes of cracked black pepper, flowering herbs, fresh tarragon and bay leaf. Dark plum, berry compote, rhubarb and raspberry flavors lead to a peppery mid-palate of vibrant red berry acidity and fine-grained tannins, finishing with lingering flavors of mulberry and black pepper.

Blend: 72% Shiraz, 13% Grenache, 12% Mataro, 3% Viognier

JS95 James Suckling
Aromas of black fruit and green tobacco with bark and wet-earth undertones, following through to a medium to full body, creamy tannins and a juicy, savory finish. Intense and balanced.
RP90 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2021 Henry's Seven has a purity to the expression of blackberry fruit in the mouth—it is vibrant and luminescent and succulent. There are notes of tobacco leaf, raspberry leaf tea, bramble, aniseed and a crack of pink peppercorns. The fruit doesn't persist as I hoped it would through the finish, but the flavors are so lovely it hardly matters.
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 3

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was my son’s birthday and Wednesday is my daughter’s birthday. It’s still too hot to sit around the pool so I’m reading and bingeing TV.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday to all.  Prayers for Baby Murphy.  May God put His hands on her and lead her to health.  

Off to church in a bit.  Then staying home to cook chicken and serve with macaroni salad.  My dessert choice these days is Rebel ice cream.  A bit expensive but low carb and delicious. 

DH starts new round of physical therapy tomorrow.  Hoping for better results.  Katherine 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I have no new news so I hope that means Murphy is resting on ECMO. This has been a roller coaster for sure. My weekend is so quiet without my grandkids. They are having a wonderful on their vacation. 

I have really enjoyed this thread and everyone has been so welcoming and supportive. Thank you. 

Prayers, Happy Birthday and have a great day. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Happy Sunday.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Dixie (and Happy Birthday) , Ann and Tina.  I loved Cowboy movies as a kid.  I think the best drowning prevention is learning to swim.  While I've never been into the hunger games I love the quote.  I've never been to Okinawa.  I wonder if there are any observations of this day in history in Ontario and Quebec.  Not convinced about the meal.  My alternative is Fresh Frut Cup, Beef Wellington, and Boeren Jongens Sundae as served on MS Rotterdam VI July 16, 2011, preferably using Vanilla Ice Cream,

AV duty at church this morning.  It will be relatively comfortable outside today.

Roy

• Like 35

Happy Sunday everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Thank you @0106 for explaining tempeh. I never tried before as I did not know what it was, so now that I know what it is I might just give it a try. Happy birthday to @summer slope! Fancy is settling in very nicely. She is living a calmer life now going from a foster home with 11 dogs to a home with 3 cats. She loves getting the attention from me and my sister. She is firmly declared that the sofa belongs to her and is making good use of it. Later we will go for a long walk. 

Thinking of all who are on the care list. Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have 69F with the sun recently risen.  High will be 89 and sunny today.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report. 

Hmmm.  The Day of the Cowboy probably won't affect me at all, but all the cowboys out there should have a roarin' good time.  Vanilla Ice Cream Day will be celebrated this evening when I have a little treat after dinner.  And drowning prevention would be a great goal, I just wish I knew of all the ways that is accomplished besides life jackets.  Better read up on it.  I would probably pass on the Tempeh Buffalo Wings but appreciate the effort it takes to research them Tina @0106, and the time it takes to prepare them.  Wow, what a name for the cocktail today!  And I could say the same thing about the wine!  Thank you Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard.   Interesting tidbit about Upper and Lower Canada.

Prayers for our people in need, especially poor little Baby Murphy who continues to have setbacks after going forward a step or two.  🙏  Today would have been my DMIL's 97th birthday.  Her mother and one sister lived to those ages, but sadly DMIL did not.  Still a long life!   Hurray for the lucky people celebrating happy events in their lives!  Happy Birthday Dixie @summer slope.  Smooth sailing to the sailors, and I hope the new cold Terri @Cruzin Terri has isn't too awful.  Also that there is nothing seriously wrong with her new HVAC unit at home which doesn't seem to be working properly.  Maybe it's just the thermostat Terri.  Good luck!

The port of the day is Naha in Okinawa, Japan.  We had this port previously on March 21, 2021 and April 14, 2022.  Here are the links to those dates.  I went to Okinawa once and may have posted some photos and if so will post them afterward.

We were there in 2010 on Diamond Princess on our Asia cruise.  That is where our ship docked and we got off to look around a bit.  I'm happy to see some photos posted here of the many attractions others have enjoyed.  

These same dancers greet all the ships it seems.enhance

Costumes up close.enhance

Everyone's favorite shopping street.enhance

enhance

I can't imagine picking this jar of snakes to take home as a souvenir.  Look at those fangs!enhance

The covered pedestrian street.enhance

enhance

enhance

Heading back to the ship.enhance

I hope today is a pleasant and calm day here at the Daily and in your own lives as well.  Stay safe!

Super photos Sandi.

Happy 97th birthday in heaven for your mother in law.

Graham.

happy-birthday-in-heaven-clouds-with-heart-shape-ln7b4ld523lsa4kn.gif

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was my son’s birthday and Wednesday is my daughter’s birthday. It’s still too hot to sit around the pool so I’m reading and bingeing TV.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol 

A very special week in your family!  Happy birthday wishes to your son and daughter.  I hope you get to see them to help celebrate.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Super photos Sandi.

Happy 97th birthday in heaven for your mother in law.

Graham.

happy-birthday-in-heaven-clouds-with-heart-shape-ln7b4ld523lsa4kn.gif

Thank you Graham.  You are a very thoughtful person!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Happy Sunday to all.  Prayers for Baby Murphy.  May God put His hands on her and lead her to health.  

Off to church in a bit.  Then staying home to cook chicken and serve with macaroni salad.  My dessert choice these days is Rebel ice cream.  A bit expensive but low carb and delicious. 

DH starts new round of physical therapy tomorrow.  Hoping for better results.  Katherine 

I hope your husband gets good physical therapy tomorrow Katherine.

Good wishes.

Graham.

• Like 17