Halifax ... home port for some Princess ships in Canada

westcliffo

4 minutes ago, westcliffo said:

Since some Canadians find it unsettling to travel to Florida these days, perhaps Princess would consider moving one or two of the ships from Florida to Halifax, NS.

y'all can have the CB ... Caribbean Princess - maybe Princess will then relocate at least a Royal class ship to Port Canaveral

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Since we no longer travel within the US, we would love a home port on the east coast.  We only sail to Europe, The Med and other far away destinations, so having an option to sail from Canada would be wonderful.  

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

y'all can have the CB ... Caribbean Princess - maybe Princess will then relocate at least a Royal class ship to Port Canaveral

Not quite the ship I was thinking of!  Royal class would be fine for us!  We’ve booked Majestic for July 2025 on a TA from Southampton and our second to last port is Halifax then to Boston to disembark.  We may just disembark in Halifax instead with permission from Princess.  Would really love to embark in Halifax heading to Europe in the spring.  Oh, to dream! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, westcliffo said:

Since some Canadians find it unsettling to travel to Florida these days, perhaps Princess would consider moving one or two of the ships from Florida to Halifax, NS.

Get off the plane, grab your bags, taxi to the ship, board. Your feet are in Florida for less than 2 hours. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I love cruising out of Port Everglades!  So convenient to grab a cab from the airport to the multitude of nice hotels on 17th St., plenty of options to eat and shop on 17th St., and so close to the cruise terminal, which in my opinion is at the top of the list for embarkation terminals.

I travel solo and have some mobility issues so walk very slow but have never been harassed or felt like prey.  And I love to get in a day early and take the water taxi around the canals.

• Like 5

You should probably adjust your thread title in someway. It makes it sound like this is factual happening. I know I read it thought “What??!!”

By “home port” do you mean year round? Halifax is lovely, but not in the winter. It can also be difficult to get to even for those of us who live in Canada. 
Vancouver would be a more logical choice with milder weather if ever a ship was homeported year round in Canada (pacific coastals heading south, Hawaii, etc) but then the secret of how cold, dark, wet and dreary it really is here would get out 😉. I’d rather let tourists think it’s always beautiful here! 

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, westcliffo said:

Some Americans find traveling to Floridia unsettling too. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

Some Americans find traveling to Floridia unsettling too. 😂

On top of that, flights are expensive for us, and everytime we've done it..... theres an hour

delay on the tarmac.  Last trip, from Ft. Laud, we had very sick people sitting in front of us, coughing their lungs out for 6 hours.  Most miserable flight we've ever had. 

Weather delays, you name it.  We avoid Florida as much as possible.

Doesn't cost us much more to Canada.  I like having options of Other locations.😉

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo

17 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

You should probably adjust your thread title in someway. It makes it sound like this is factual happening. I know I read it thought “What??!!”

By “home port” do you mean year round? Halifax is lovely, but not in the winter. It can also be difficult to get to even for those of us who live in Canada. 
Vancouver would be a more logical choice with milder weather if ever a ship was homeported year round in Canada (pacific coastals heading south, Hawaii, etc) but then the secret of how cold, dark, wet and dreary it really is here would get out 😉. I’d rather let tourists think it’s always beautiful here! 

The OP has dropped a bomb and ran away - not coming back to explain themselves.  Seems to want to slag FL for some reason.

• Like 3

On 7/23/2023 at 9:11 AM, voljeep said:

Better yet, give them the old and tired Grand 😁

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

then the secret of how cold, dark, wet and dreary it really is here would get out

Hi Canadians. Come to the UK. Sounds like you’ll feel right at home 😂 

(I'm in a bad mood after being caught in the rain. I’m in the north of Scotland atm so this shouldn’t be surprising but still……) 🙃 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Hi Canadians. Come to the UK. Sounds like you’ll feel right at home 😂 

(I'm in a bad mood after being caught in the rain. I’m in the north of Scotland atm so this shouldn’t be surprising but still……) 🙃 

Haha, my parents both emigrated from the UK. I guess they arrived here and thought, yup, feels like home, lol.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The OP has dropped a bomb and ran away - not coming back to explain themselves.  Seems to want to slag FL for some reason.

They were either trolling us or just realized how ridiculous the idea was in the first place.

• Like 3

It really is a far fetched idea, but it’s okay to fantasize.  Doesn’t affect us at all, as we rarely do itineraries embarking or disembarking anywhere is the US, except for an odd TA here and there.  We have no problem with Americans in the slightest, we’ve just been there, done that so many times and now we’ve moved on to different adventures.

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

It really is a far fetched idea, but it’s okay to fantasize.  Doesn’t affect us at all, as we rarely do itineraries embarking or disembarking anywhere is the US, except for an odd TA here and there.  We have no problem with Americans in the slightest, we’ve just been there, done that so many times and now we’ve moved on to different adventures.

I still have ND, SD, NM, OK, AR, MN, WI, MS, and AL to get to, not to mention more of AK, IN and TX.  And some other random places not got to as yet.  😉  Wife beat me to NS & SD when she was just a kid, LOL.  Of course, none of these have anything to do with a ship.  LOL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I still have ND, SD, NM, OK, AR, MN, WI, MS, and AL to get to, not to mention more of AK, IN and TX.  And some other random places not got to as yet.  😉  Wife beat me to NS & SD when she was just a kid, LOL.  Of course, none of these have anything to do with a ship.  LOL.

We’ve visited many states over the years.  Nevada, over 40!  Florida, too many times to count.  Alaska, twice and done.  Hawaii once and done.  Totally done with the Caribbean, too.  Just a matter of enjoying a different culture and way of life and very interesting people.  You can never see too much of Rome or London or Paris or Glasgow.  So much history to be explored.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’ve visited many states over the years.  Nevada, over 40!  Florida, too many times to count.  Alaska, twice and done.  Hawaii once and done.  Totally done with the Caribbean, too.  Just a matter of enjoying a different culture and way of life and very interesting people.  You can never see too much of Rome or London or Paris or Glasgow.  So much history to be explored.  

Agree.. I was not going to wax on about Europe, but we do a lot of our own land touring there as there is much more to see and explore than the coasts.

• Like 1