Any suggestions or tours in Grenada or Barbados?

oskidunker

We booked three tours provided by the cruise line in other ports. I have been to Grenada before and did a nice tour with Mandoo of the island but don't want to do that again. I looked at the port board but didn't see much. Don't enjoy sitting on a Catamaran all day with no back rest. 

We did a Tours by Locals full day in Barbados with Deborah Grant.  If you are interested in history and a full island tour, she is very knowledgeable.  She is a big proponent of reparations, which is a very hot topic in Barbados right now.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:47 PM, oskidunker said:

We booked three tours provided by the cruise line in other ports. I have been to Grenada before and did a nice tour with Mandoo of the island but don't want to do that again. I looked at the port board but didn't see much. Don't enjoy sitting on a Catamaran all day with no back rest. 

We did a family tour for 9 with Mandoo years ago.  He did a fantastic job.  We will go to Grand Anse Beach on our next trip as we felt we had already seen the highlights.  

4 minutes ago, Nashna said:

We did a family tour for 9 with Mandoo years ago.  He did a fantastic job.  We will go to Grand Anse Beach on our next trip as we felt we had already seen the highlights.  

Thats what I was thinking , Thanks. 

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Thats what I was thinking , Thanks. 

Are you going to take a taxi? The ship tour cost $89.00 to get there which includes an umbrella and a chair. Doesn't seem worth it.  Beach may be crowded. Some are recommending other beaches but they may not be close. 

We have choices of a water taxi at $5.00 per trip, a taxi at $20.00, or a van that fills up passengers at the pier.  The cost for two chairs and one umbrella is $25.00.  I understand that there are restaurants and facilities at Grand Anse. I've learned that the access to the water taxi is via a steep decline, and the water taxis are small.  I think we will take a cab.  

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

We have choices of a water taxi at $5.00 per trip, a taxi at $20.00, or a van that fills up passengers at the pier.  The cost for two chairs and one umbrella is $25.00.  I understand that there are restaurants and facilities at Grand Anse. I've learned that the access to the water taxi is via a steep decline, and the water taxis are small.  I think we will take a cab.  

$20 each way?

I recommend Chris' Taxi and Tours in Grenada.  A lovely tour with market, waterfall and nutmeg warehouse.  

If you want to snorkel, Calabaza and Silver Moon in Barbados each limit their capacity to 12 passengers.  Cool Runnings is a mob scene with dozens on board.  Enjoy.

We have also used Mike’s Maxi Taxi in Barbados. Highly recommend this company. Very quick to respond.

Mike is very knowledgeable and passionate about the island. He has a wealth of interesting facts about the history of Barbados. We had a great day with him.