4 Free Nights + $600 OBC

KevintheIrishDJ

2 hours ago, laurieb said:

It's actually just 3 nights, and the bonus obc expired days ago.  Price seems fine seeing as it's a holiday sailing over Christmas and New Years.  Oh, and there are only 5 verandahs left

Actually there is a 4 night, 600 obc promo ongoing running 18th til 28th.  I'm looking at it now as a sidebar ad on my CC page.

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

It's actually just 3 nights, and the bonus obc expired days ago.  Price seems fine seeing as it's a holiday sailing over Christmas and New Years.  Oh, and there are only 5 verandahs left

It was extended.

1 hour ago, Ayden said:

Actually there is a 4 night, 600 obc promo ongoing running 18th til 28th.  I'm looking at it now as a sidebar ad on my CC page.

On certain voyages.....the OP's voyage is extended but 3 nights free.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

I had originally booked this cruise over a year ago, for the same price.

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I had originally booked this cruise over a year ago, for the same price.

A year ago?  And you expect the price to be lower??  What world do you live in?  

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

A year ago?  And you expect the price to be lower??  What world do you live in?  

Prices go up and down.  Sometimes they go down a lot.
Here's the pricing over time for the next cruise I'm booked on.  I wouldn't have booked it at the price it sat at for many months.image.thumb.png.082f49997d2b40b386ddb54d7ecc101e.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Prices go up and down.  Sometimes they go down a lot.
Here's the pricing over time for the next cruise I'm booked on.  I wouldn't have booked it at the price it sat at for many months.image.thumb.png.082f49997d2b40b386ddb54d7ecc101e.png

I want to thank you for this post.....we cruise a great deal and I never had heard of cruisplum.com.  It's a great site....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

My point is, they say the price includes 4 FREE nights. How could it be that close?

It’s called dynamic pricing. Stop stressing move on 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

It doesn't concern you that they do this?

Every cruise line, airline and travel company do this it’s the norm in the travel industry. As occupancy goes up so does the price especially over the Christmas period, you should see the price of flights from the UK to Florida at that time of year.

• Like 5

Don't DJs charge more for busy weekend evenings than for midweek?  If not, why not?–you can't take 2 bookings for the same Saturday night, so it's like a bidding war.  People pay over MSRP for popular car models on the dealer lot.  People pay over listing price for a house when in a 'seller's market.'  And cruise lines have to cut fares when a cruise isn't selling – so it makes sense that they would raise fares when a cruise is popular.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

It doesn't concern you that they do this?

No, it’s called supply and demand in old school language a basic economic principle that’s been around since the Stone Age 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 7

Possibly, what the OP was getting at was why were we supposed to believe that there were “free” nights in this supposed sale? Or where were they, since the price hadn’t changed or had actually gone up? That’s why I don’t really pay attention to the wording of the so-called “sales”, just look at the bottom line.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Don't DJs charge more for busy weekend evenings than for midweek?  If not, why not?–you can't take 2 bookings for the same Saturday night, so it's like a bidding war.  People pay over MSRP for popular car models on the dealer lot.  People pay over listing price for a house when in a 'seller's market.'  And cruise lines have to cut fares when a cruise isn't selling – so it makes sense that they would raise fares when a cruise is popular.

I think people are missing my point. How can they advertise 4 nights free when the price hasn't gone down.

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Possibly, what the OP was getting at was why were we supposed to believe that there were “free” nights in this supposed sale? Or where were they, since the price hadn’t changed or had actually gone up? That’s why I don’t really pay attention to the wording of the so-called “sales”, just look at the bottom line.

Exactly my point. They have ads that offer discounts for 2 passenger and they show the discounts.

Edited by KevintheIrishDJ

I have seen the "free night " ads and have no idea how to look at one.  From what I am seeing here, you just look at the cabin and need to believe that that price includes the free nights?  I guess I would like to see that my response to the ad would show me what the savings is.

What I see here is it is just a gimic to get you to look. That doesn't seem right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Doesn't make sense when he is comparing to a price he paid last year though.  If he had seen a price a week earlier than the sale started and it worked out to be the same with the free nights, that's a whole different ballgame.

This cruise never was part of the 4 free nights and OBC, it is still advertised with 3 free nights.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Doesn't make sense when he is comparing to a price he paid last year though.  If he had seen a price a week earlier than the sale started and it worked out to be the same with the free nights, that's a whole different ballgame.

This cruise never was part of the 4 free nights and OBC, it is still advertised with 3 free nights.

Oy! I can’t keep track. Makes my head spin!

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Here is the link I clicked.

Azamara 4 free nights.jpg

48 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

I have seen the "free night " ads and have no idea how to look at one.  From what I am seeing here, you just look at the cabin and need to believe that that price includes the free nights?  I guess I would like to see that my response to the ad would show me what the savings is.

What I see here is it is just a gimic to get you to look. That doesn't seem right.

In the UK (perhaps in the EU also) we have regulations that prevent "fake" discounts, requiring previous prices to have been charged for x days in the previous y (I think it's 14 in 28, but don't quote me!).  This is to protect the naïve, who are liable to fall for spurious promotions.

Whether Azamara is complaint is another question, and policing it mostly relies on the knowledgeable potential customer reporting transgressors for breaking the regulations.

Some cruises have 4 free nights, some have 3 free nights.  The cruise in question, 12/22/23, has 3 free nights.  Obviously, the cruise price has gone up in the year since it was first booked since it is a holiday cruise and probably popular.  It would appear that the price has gone up enough that once the the 3 free nights are applied, the price is back down to where it was a year ago when booked.  

When there are sales like this sometimes it works in our favor to rebook at the lower price, sometimes it doesn't.  Depends on the popularity of the cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fruitmachine said:

In the UK (perhaps in the EU also) we have regulations that prevent "fake" discounts, requiring previous prices to have been charged for x days in the previous y (I think it's 14 in 28, but don't quote me!).  This is to protect the naïve, who are liable to fall for spurious promotions.

Whether Azamara is complaint is another question, and policing it mostly relies on the knowledgeable potential customer reporting transgressors for breaking the regulations.

Unfortunately we have no such protections in the US.  As others have stated above, I just ignore the language of the sale --- free nights, percentage off -- and look at the bottom line price to decide it something is worthy.  Azamara has always (in my experience) claimed the listed price includes whatever discount they are offering so there's no real way to know if the price has been lowered unless one was tracking the price.

• Like 1