Complainers. Why?

3 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

Just really curious why all the complainers and people who think that RC lied, blah blah blah, why they still cruise with them? If it's so bad give your money elsewhere.

Totally agree! Been on a 135 cruises with Royal, are now Pinnacles, and we rarely, if ever, complain about a cruise.  Someone is cooking/cleaning/taking care of us.  We are happy.  Whatever perks/benefits/gifts we get, we appreciate.  We love cruising and don't worry or sweat about the small stuff.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

Just really curious why all the complainers and people who think that RC lied, blah blah blah, why they still cruise with them? If it's so bad give your money elsewhere.

It is the COMPLAINERS that give these boards life. ...Viva La Complainers.....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 31

4 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Sometimes I complain about the things my kids do..... doesn't mean I want them out of my life or to trade for new ones.......

True, I used to tell my teen daughter at times when she was very bratty “ I love you but I don’t like you right now”  She’s now a mother herself…😁

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Sometimes I complain about the things my kids do..... doesn't mean I want them out of my life or to trade for new ones.......

Well it seems like the milk vs half and half debacle is a game changer.  Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

True, I used to tell my teen daughter at times when she was very bratty that I love her but I didn’t like her.  She’s now a mother herself…😁

Mom used to say to me "I hope you have kids just like you......."
Ahh thanks Mom........ hey, wait a minute!!!!

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Same with my DH but after 48 years I'm keeping him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Mom used to say to me "I hope you have kids just like you......."
Ahh thanks Mom........ hey, wait a minute!!!!

I lived in fear that my daughter would meet a guy like me at 17 when she started dating...  

Thank God my fears were misplaced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

LOL - this place crossed that bridge of no return miles ago.
Have you heard the one about the pepper mills? 

No must have missed that one. I only have so much time for this nonsense.

I don't think it's that's crazy, it's just like anything in life. People can like a product, but when that product starts changing, they can certainly be unhappy about those changes. I think the ones airing grievances are frustrated that an experience they have previously been able to count on, is changing. Doesn't mean they want to drop a brand cold turkey, there's always hoping things change back for the better (esp if the cutbacks are being blamed on covid/debt).

• Like 20

Personally, I honestly don't mind complaints as long as they're not over the top.  Speaking of the Half and Half debate...

If it would have been:

I tried to get Half and Half for my coffee, but the container marked as such just had milk in it.  I know there's been other reports of the same thing on different ships, so I wanted to add what I experienced.  I asked the worker if they had half and half, and was told "no".

I totally get it.

Instead what we got is:

I tried to get half and half for my coffee, but the container marked as such just had milk in it.  It's another way of Royal trying to save money and another example of how they lie about things.  Despite being on a cruise with some Royal muckety mucks, I won't tell you what they said when I asked about their lying.

I do agree with the OP though... if you aren't getting the service you expected or are mistreated, vote with your wallet.  Continuing to work with the company does nothing other than say you're fine with their choice. 

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

LOL - this place crossed that bridge of no return miles ago.
Have you heard the one about the pepper mills? 

It eventually ground to a halt. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 20

27 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

No must have missed that one. I only have so much time for this nonsense.

I really should be working now but the 15 pages about half and half is just so intriguing.

• Haha 3

I have noticed on recent cruises that the complainers are growing, about literally everything. Luckily, since I’m solo, I just walk away. I honestly think that most of them don’t know how they sound.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was drawn to CC in my search to learn as much as I could about cruising in general.  We took our very first cruise back in Jan of 2022 and have been on 5 since.  When I read a number of posts to my wife she was really taken aback with some of them.  She said 'if people are really like this on cruises it doesn't sound like much fun'.  Of course this was somewhat tongue in cheek but did have a little bit of a ring of truth to it.  I've since learned (and thank heavens for it) that the true whiners are in the minority.  It is also easy to identify them and avoid them while onboard.  I can only imagine how many times staff have to bite their tongue at guest services.  A real unique bunch.

Thankfully if you cut through the $%^$%^% and don't get dragged into listening to them there is still a wealth of knowledge here on CC.  Although the minority seems to be gaining....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

The name of the board is Cruise CRITIC not Cruise Groupie.

I am a Cruise Groupie. 🙂

I live here on and off for 20 years!!!

• Like 2

Some people just like to complain. Before retiring, for "work" I used to consult with owners and managers of many businesses, and in many instances interface with the workforce. Never failed that at least some of the worker bees would complain non-stop about their jobs - and these complaints were made to me - a consultant hired and working for their bosses and company owners. I always walked away thinking if you really hate your job so much, why are you here? Life is to short, if you don't like something a cruise line is doing, try another. Still not happy, try a land vacation.

If what they are doing causes passengers to walk away, they may do something else. And yes, I agree with talking up when you have an issue. One restaurant owner (client) asked how my meal was, not so good, did you say something?, no, not comfortable speaking up, not that big of a deal. His response, if you don't say something they don't know and can't fix.

• Like 1