Elite mini Bar

Bedruthen

There’s a lot of talk about switching out the mini bar. Could someone talk me through what is provided in the set up to start with and then how the swop out works. Is there like an equation for it, where one can of Coke is worth say 2 bottles of water?

Edited by Bedruthen

• Bedruthen changed the title to Elite mini Bar

If memory serves correctly, the usual inventory is 8 50ml bottles of booze and 2 beers (which equals 10 alcoholic beverages).  6 cans of soda, 2 club soda or sparkling water, and 2 plain water, which is 10 non-alcoholic beverages.

You can exchange the 10 alcohol for other alcohol or non-alcohol.  You can exchange the non-alcohol for any non-alcohol.

Just call Room Service when you get into your room, and they'll handle it for you.

• Like 3

In the past (not sure about now with all the food/beverage changes taking place):

Princess Mini-Bar Setup info
The selections of items in the mini-bar can vary. This is what it has been on
our previous cruises:
Alcoholic
2 - mini-bottles Cognac
2 - mini-bottles Gin
2 - mini-bottles Vodka
2 - mini-bottles Scotch Whisky
2 - 12 ounce cans of beer
Non-Alcoholic
2 - 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water
2 - 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola
2 - 12 ounce cans of Sprite
2 - 0.5 liter bottles of water
2 - 11 ounce bottles of Perrier

You can exchange any alcoholic item for any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic item on a one-for-one basis.

You can exchange any non-alcoholic item for any other non-alcoholic item on a one-for-one basis.

You can also exchange the entire setup for ONE of the following
1 - bottle of wine (limited selection)
8 - 1.5 liter bottles of water

10 minutes ago, milogurd said:

In the past (not sure about now with all the food/beverage changes taking place):

Princess Mini-Bar Setup info
The selections of items in the mini-bar can vary. This is what it has been on
our previous cruises:
Alcoholic
2 - mini-bottles Cognac
2 - mini-bottles Gin
2 - mini-bottles Vodka
2 - mini-bottles Scotch Whisky
2 - 12 ounce cans of beer
Non-Alcoholic
2 - 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water
2 - 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola
2 - 12 ounce cans of Sprite
2 - 0.5 liter bottles of water
2 - 11 ounce bottles of Perrier

You can exchange any alcoholic item for any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic item on a one-for-one basis.

You can exchange any non-alcoholic item for any other non-alcoholic item on a one-for-one basis.

You can also exchange the entire setup for ONE of the following
1 - bottle of wine (limited selection)
8 - 1.5 liter bottles of water

I have not seen any cognac or brandy since 2022. We just change all hard liquor to vodka and bring them home on water bottles since we have plus packages

My minibar has always included brandy of some sort.  Stopped collecting them. Now I exchange it for beer, water, and or soft drinks that mostly go to the crew.

This week’s fiasco was the worst ever.  Three calls to room service before it could be delivered. At that point, my steward was volunteering to take on the task.  Really didn’t want to add to his turn around duties.  

One person was willing to trade the liquor out for Michelob. That order got lost.  Another was will to do Bud light, but decided to keep it with the original.  

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My minibar has always included brandy of some sort.  Stopped collecting them. Now I exchange it for beer, water, and or soft drinks that mostly go to the crew.

This week’s fiasco was the worst ever.  Three calls to room service before it could be delivered. At that point, my steward was volunteering to take on the task.  Really didn’t want to add to his turn around duties.  

One person was willing to trade the liquor out for Michelob. That order got lost.  Another was will to do Bud light, but decided to keep it with the original.  

Just off a B2B on Island.  Wanted to trade alcohol for Michelob Ultra.  Room Steward checked and was told it couldn’t be exchanged because Mich Ultra is a Premium Beer.  It costs $.50 more!  We could exchange for Budweiser products.  Didn’t push the issue.  When we met the F&B Officer at our Meet & Greet on our 2nd cruise, I brought it up with him.  He agreed that Corp had changed some of the parameters on what could be exchanged and we both admitted it was petty (my word, not his), disallowing an exchange that would cost Princess $4.00 per cruise!  He then excused himself and called Room Service to make the exchange for Mich Ultra.  Kudos to him, but I should not have had to get him involved.  

I switch out for a bottle of wine with my steward.

Also had a nice chat with my CVP and she stated that trading minibar & elite tea did not incur the $5 room service charge as they were Captain Circle benefits

Will know for sure in October .... or next week if someone tries & posts

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Just off a B2B on Island.  Wanted to trade alcohol for Michelob Ultra.  Room Steward checked and was told it couldn’t be exchanged because Mich Ultra is a Premium Beer.  It costs $.50 more!  We could exchange for Budweiser products.  Didn’t push the issue.  When we met the F&B Officer at our Meet & Greet on our 2nd cruise, I brought it up with him.  He agreed that Corp had changed some of the parameters on what could be exchanged and we both admitted it was petty (my word, not his), disallowing an exchange that would cost Princess $4.00 per cruise!  He then excused himself and called Room Service to make the exchange for Mich Ultra.  Kudos to him, but I should not have had to get him involved.  

Ultra a premium beer??!!  'Tis to laugh.  Oh my.  Last Fall I was able to exchange for any beer I chose.  It was a bit of a surprise when they gave me some Grolsch one time.  I wasn't expecting an agreement to that since the bottles are large.  Anyway, prices are up some I suppose and we'll have to see what future holds for us.  I'd rather take one less beer than have to accept Bud or Ultra.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AJSkarbo said:

My sailing on the Majestic 2 weeks ago I asked my steward to do the swaps for me. It was no problem. I plan to do the same on my September sailing on the Royal. 

When I’ve asked a steward I’m always told to ring room service

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Ultra a premium beer??!!  'Tis to laugh.  Oh my.  Last Fall I was able to exchange for any beer I chose.  It was a bit of a surprise when they gave me some Grolsch one time.  I wasn't expecting an agreement to that since the bottles are large.  Anyway, prices are up some I suppose and we'll have to see what future holds for us.  I'd rather take one less beer than have to accept Bud or Ultra.

Yes, it was strange.  My husband isn’t a beer aficionado but prefers Mich Ultra over other Busch products and especially over DosX!! 🤣

On 7/28/2023 at 12:20 PM, kstrittm said:

If memory serves correctly, the usual inventory is 8 50ml bottles of booze and 2 beers (which equals 10 alcoholic beverages).  6 cans of soda, 2 club soda or sparkling water, and 2 plain water, which is 10 non-alcoholic beverages.

You can exchange the 10 alcohol for other alcohol or non-alcohol.  You can exchange the non-alcohol for any non-alcohol.

Just call Room Service when you get into your room, and they'll handle it for you.

Wonder if I will get charged now for calling room service to do this???? I am under the Princess Standard

Can someone tell me if we qualify for 1 or 2 minibar setups when we book a penthouse suite and we are both elite?  On the cruise, we were told only get 1 setup. Also, when we book a B2B, should we get 1 setup each week?  Thanks

17 minutes ago, adgtravel said:

Can someone tell me if we qualify for 1 or 2 minibar setups when we book a penthouse suite and we are both elite?  On the cruise, we were told only get 1 setup. Also, when we book a B2B, should we get 1 setup each week?  Thanks

It will depend on the length of the cruise. If it is 6 days or more you will be entitled to 2 setups. The suite minibar does not apply to short cruises. This is spelled out in suite benefits