Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

13 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Of course that's their bottom intent.

We had previously decided not to purchase the package on future trips since we don't utilize the drink portion to it's fullest but IF we continue sailing Princess in the future, I'll have rethink that decision. 

I'm leaning more and more into deluxe lines like Viking, Oceania & Azamara, or inclusive suites like MSC Yacht Club.  When it's all said and done with these mainstream lines, the cost difference isn't really that much.  I'd rather spend more for better services and a small ship experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’ll try & let CC know what it’s like on the Sky Princess from Southampton 19th August. 

our Cruise is a 2 week Norwegian fjords

I’m guessing It’ll be fraught for the poor staff, dealing with only the 2nd intake of passengers under the new scheme

Ours is the first intake on Sky under the new system on 19th Aug according to the list posted on this thread; I’m expecting a very interesting couple of weeks. Have you received the email today regarding the ‘Green Lane’? I’m wondering if we’ll now be removed from being ‘Green’ 😆 after reading this.

From my email:

Residents of the United States and Puerto Rico can order their Medallion® devices for at-home delivery up to 12 days before they cruise, which is now the only way to gain Green Lane status. And soon guests residing in Canada, the UK and Australia also will be eligible for Green Lane access. Pre-cruise Medallion shipment is expanding and will be available for residents in those countries later this year! For now you will pick up your Medallions at embarkation as usual.

Edited by villauk
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 7:24 AM, LACruiser88 said:

July 27, 2023 9:48 AM EDT
Princess Adds Casual Dining, Exclusive Service Delivery and More to Plus and Premier Packages with No Price Increases

New Enhancements in Value-Packed Inclusive Packages Offer More Than 70% in Savings

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., July 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises today announced several valuable new updates to its popular Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages, providing guests with even more inclusive options at no additional cost, including casual dining, OceanNow delivery service, room service delivery, and express Green Lane embarkation.

Indulge in more Casual Dining at no cost
For voyages embarking August 12 and beyond, guests on Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages will enjoy savory prix fixe dining options in the ship's casual restaurants, including Vines, Salty Dog Pub, O'Malleys, Ocean Terrace, Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, and GiGi's. The addition of new three-course, pre-fixed menus gives Plus and Premier guests more food options than ever before without any extra charges. For those who prefer sailing on Princess Standard, the casual prix fixe dining will be $14.99 and individual selections will continue with a la carte pricing.

"Great food is fundamental to the Princess Cruises experience," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "By incorporating our casual dining experiences into the Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages, guests can now indulge in more memorable meals tailored to their dining style preferences without hesitation, all while enjoying unparalleled value."

All guests can continue to enjoy top-quality culinary options at no additional charge. Complimentary dining options for all guests include exquisite multi-course meals in all main dining rooms, buffet-style delights at World Fresh Market and Horizons Court, scrumptious treats at the International Café, poolside offerings at Slice, Coffee & Cones, and more, as well as traditional stateroom breakfast available using the classic door hanger menus.

Access the Princess Exclusive OceanNow Service
Princess sets the bar in service with its revolutionary OceanNow on-demand, location-based delivery service. To activate this industry exclusive service, there will be a nominal one-time activation fee of $14.99 per guest, per voyage. However, the access fee is waived for all guests sailing on Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages.   

Complimentary Room Service Delivery
Princess staterooms are a sanctuary for guests and views from industry leading large balconies are epic. To maximize the stateroom experience, Princess Plus and Princess Premier participants will have the standard $5 per delivery room service charge waived. That means no extra charges for the ease and luxury of on-demand service anywhere, anyplace or anytime on a Princess ship for Plus and Premier Guests.

"We take great pride in pampering our guests with friendly service and exceeding their expectations. By offering the OceanNow Service and Room Service without any additional fees to Princess Plus and Princess Premier guests, we aim to elevate their journey to an unparalleled level of comfort, indulgence and value," said Sami Kohen, Princess vice president of food and beverage.

Seamless and Speedy Boarding with OceanReady "Green Lane"
As part of our commitment to delivering the smoothest and fastest embarkation process in the industry, the Princess App now boasts an enhanced OceanReady process. Guests achieve express "Green Lane Status" by ensuring all travel information and documents are complete and by having the exclusive Princess Medallion delivered to home before embarkation day when they'll proceed directly to the ship with no lines or hassles. For the ultimate convenience, both Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages include complimentary Medallion at home delivery. For guests on Princess Standard fares, a nominal shipping fee of $10 per stateroom will be added on Medallion/Accessory orders shipped to home.

Unbeatable Savings in Value-Packed Inclusive Packages
These expanded enhancements demonstrate the cruise line's focus on providing unmatched service and value for guests. Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages offer an astounding 70% or more in savings compared to purchasing items a la carte.

Princess Plus
For just $60 per person per day, Princess Plus now includes the following at more than 70% off retail value if components are purchased separately, saving guests up to $668 on a 7-Day cruise:

• Plus Beverage Package (covering drinks up to $15, specialty coffees, smoothies and bottled water, as well as 25 percent off bottles of wine)
  • NEW! Unlimited MedallionNet 2.0 with Fleetwide Starlink and 5G for single device
  • Daily crew appreciation (e.g., gratuities)
  • NEW! Two prix fixe meals at any casual dining location per voyage
  • NEW! Free OceanNow Delivery Service Activation
  • NEW! Complimentary Room Service
  • NEW! "Green Lane" Express Boarding (Free Medallion device delivery included)
  • Two boutique fitness classes per voyage (e.g., Pure Barre, YogaSix, StretchLab)
  • Two premium crafted desserts per day
  • Unlimited premium fresh juices
  •  

Princess Premier
For just $80 per person per day, Princess Premier maximize inclusions and enjoy a more than 75% savings on the following inclusions:

• Premier Beverage Package (covering drinks up to $20, champagne by the glass, specialty coffees, smoothies and bottled water, as well as 25 percent off bottles of wine)
  • NEW! Unlimited MedallionNet 2.0 with Fleetwide Starlink and 5G for up to 4 devices
  • Daily crew appreciation (e.g., gratuities)
  • Two nights of specialty dining
  • NEW! Unlimited prix fixe meals at any casual dining location
  • NEW! Free OceanNow Delivery Service Activation
  • NEW! Complimentary Room Service
  • NEW! "Green Lane" Express Boarding (Free Medallion device delivery included)
  • Reserved seating in the Princess Theater
  • Unlimited boutique fitness classes per voyage (e.g., Pure Barre, YogaSix, StretchLab)
  • Unlimited premium crafted desserts
  • Unlimited premium fresh juices
  • Unlimited Digital Photo package / Princess Prizes
  • Complimentary Medallion accessory

Does this mean they're bringing back Plank's and Steamers? I was told those no longer exist.

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Sorry if this has been covered. If I’m up by the pool and a waiter comes along and asks me if I’d like a drink, will I still have to pay to have it delivered to me?

You’re not using the App to order the drink, so there should be no charge.  

Same as if you go up to the bar and order a drink, there’s no delivery fee.

You will of course, if standard fare, pay for the drink plus 18% gratuity.

I am not upset with the changes - however, since I booked my cruise with Princess Plus 10 months before sailing I am now not receiving the product I paid for. It angers me that Princess didn’t grandfather in customers who had already purchased the package. It shows that they do not care about loyal customers. This will probably be my last Princess cruise.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’ll try & let CC know what it’s like on the Sky Princess from Southampton 19th August. 

our Cruise is a 2 week Norwegian fjords

I’m guessing It’ll be fraught for the poor staff, dealing with only the 2nd intake of passengers under the new scheme

Appreciate that feedback.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selion said:

I'm leaning more and more into deluxe lines like Viking, Oceania & Azamara, or inclusive suites like MSC Yacht Club.  When it's all said and done with these mainstream lines, the cost difference isn't really that much.  I'd rather spend more for better services and a small ship experience.

If you buy packages and more expensive cabins the price difference narrows.  If you buy base fare and balcony or less, the price difference is fairly large.  Many of those complaining about the changes are in the base fare category.

Please clarify for me — we change our elite mini bar on embarkation day for 20 bottles of water.  We call room service to make the change.  

With the new room service changes, will we be charged for changing the mini bar?  If so, how much is the charge?

Thanks for the clarification.

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

If you buy packages and more expensive cabins the price difference narrows.  If you buy base fare and balcony or less, the price difference is fairly large.  Many of those complaining about the changes are in the base fare category.

And how do you know what fare or cabin category those that are complaining have?

2 minutes ago, Cruise frenzy said:

Please clarify for me — we change our elite mini bar on embarkation day for 20 bottles of water.  We call room service to make the change.  

With the new room service changes, will we be charged for changing the mini bar?  If so, how much is the charge?

Depends upon ship on some the steward handles it, on others you go through room service.

Unlikely that there will be any charge.

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I especially wish that the sales team also looks at there are many people including myself who travel solo and pay the double occupancy fee to start off with.

No offense, but I don't think they like you.

Both you and the double-occupancy folks pay the same cruise fare (usually).

But with double occupancy, the cruise line gets a chance at onboard revenue from 2 people in the cabin, rather than 1.

Two people drinking.  Two people gambling.  Two people buying excursions...

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise frenzy said:

I'm going with because it's an elite benefit you should not be charged the $5 room service fee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yowman said:

I wonder how many guests actually use the phone to order RS.

We were on the Diamond Princess in February/March.  The items available on the phone app for deliver were very limited.  You had more choices on the paper room service menu so we used the phone line to order.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TM said:

And how do you know what fare or cabin category those that are complaining have?

Because 

They are talking about the impact of the price changes on their cruise (which is included in the packages). Thus the odds are those folks book basic fares.

Many posting are long term posters in many cases in this or other streams they talk about booking base fares compared to packages (just go to one of the long streams about package pricing you will many from this discussion having previously posted in those) in some they also have talked about the class of cabins.

You have some that book suites and book base fares.  but not that many based upon previous posts.

Note I did not say all only many.

Edited by ldtr

51 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Really?  You think if you already paid the ON $15 fee, you cannot use the phone?

Makes sense, but ridiculous IMO.

Problem, you can’t even get glasses of water or put notes on the RS order via the App.  I made an order and would have to phone RS to add items, like glasses of water, iced tea, Wine glasses, fruit basket, etc.

This is getting interesting.  🤔

This has been clarified on the point that the $15 covers delivery to room.

I would have same issue because the App is defective in that it doesn't have all bar drinks and they have no custom "name your drink" option.  And no notes as you say.  I had bugged PCL about this when Ocean Now first came out.  I guess they still have not fixed it.  

So, I think you have hit on something where a guest who has paid the $15 is going to end up complaining if assessed a $5 fee because they had no choice other than to call in.  Perhaps staff will be trained to look for the Ocean Now fee and not charge or the trips to GS (or Crew Chat) are going to climb to get $5 removed.

It would be so simple if they had just put a custom option in the Ocean Now choices as OTHER or CUSTOM NOTES.  But no.  More obstacles instead of JP's promise at the outset that this was going to make cruising a breeze and remove barriers to guests so they could just have a wonderful, carefree vacation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

But with double occupancy, the cruise line gets a chance at onboard revenue from 2 people in the cabin, rather than 1.

LOL 😂 sad, but true! Yet I keep giving them money as a returned guest. It's like my version of a consistent time share at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This has been clarified on the point that the $15 covers delivery to room.

I would have same issue because the App is defective in that it doesn't have all bar drinks and they have no custom "name your drink" option.  And no notes as you say.  I had bugged PCL about this when Ocean Now first came out.  I guess they still have not fixed it.  

So, I think you have hit on something where a guest who has paid the $15 is going to end up complaining if assessed a $5 fee because they had no choice other than to call in.  Perhaps staff will be trained to look for the Ocean Now fee and not charge or the trips to GS (or Crew Chat) are going to climb to get $5 removed.

It would be so simple if they had just put a custom option in the Ocean Now choices as OTHER or CUSTOM NOTES.  But no.  More obstacles instead of JP's promise at the outset that this was going to make cruising a breeze and remove barriers to guests so they could just have a wonderful, carefree vacation.

You're last line with quoting JP.... I can already envision his game smile while saying it. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Holland America is moving in that direction also.  They do have extra charges to include drink and tips, and there is also Club Orange. 

HAL has "HIA" or "have it all" which includes drinks and such. Doesn't always include tips, but does sometimes depending on when you book.

We haven't cruised on HAL yet, but we do have three cruises booked, all with Club Orange. The think I like best about Club Orange is that it's available to everyone, no matter what cabin category they book. It is limited availability, so a person can't count on always getting it. But on the last one I booked with HAL I booked the bottom of the barrel, completely obstructed ocean view guarantee then added Club Orange for a cabin upgrade to the top level, unobstructed ocean view cabin in our favorite location all the way forward and front of the ship. That's a real win!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Considering that on board spend is about 35% of total revenue if the fare is X then expected revenue for a two person cabin is  2(X+ .53X) = 3.06X  whereas a solo cabin is expected to yield  2.53X, a 17.4% reduction  in total revenue for the cabin.

17 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Does this mean they're bringing back Plank's and Steamers? I was told those no longer exist.

The marketing team had to cover those as they are still on the website.  Nothing says they won't come back and no one really knows why they have not.  Could have been staffing before.  Stay tuned I suppose.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, jinpasco said:

We booked the Plus 2 yrs ago and wondering the same thing ...

Our princess ta has said no, its only for bookings made after jan 2023 

18 minutes ago, Cruise frenzy said:

You need to get that answer from PCL as they have not spoken on the question.  Or, wait until someone reports here after changes have been implemented.  Best guess would be NO because it is the Elite and Suite benefit.

• Like 1