Cost to upgrade to the NEW plus package when you already have the old plus

Carla3

Help me with the math please. Cost for me and my husband to upgrade to the new plus package is $10 per person per day. We are going on an 11 day cruise. 11 x $20. = $220 or don’t upgrade and each pay 14.99 to activate Ocean Ready plus if we use casual dining at 14.99 each twice that a total cost of  (2 x $14.99) + (4 x 14.99)= $89.94. If my calculations are correct, it doesn’t make sense to upgrade. Am I missing anything?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Carla3 said:

Help me with the math please. Cost for me and my husband to upgrade to the new plus package is $10 per person per day. We are going on an 11 day cruise. 11 x $20. = $220 or don’t upgrade and each pay 14.99 to activate Ocean Ready plus if we use casual dining at 14.99 each twice that a total cost of  (2 x $14.99) + (4 x 14.99)= $89.94. If my calculations are correct, it doesn’t make sense to upgrade. Am I missing anything?

Premium desserts, Juice bar, and fitness classes. Still not worth it IMO.

There are 3 new items. I think you figured it out correctly providing Ocean Now and Room Service Delivery are the same thing.

• NEW 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery
  • NEW Room service delivery

This got me thinking.  I booked my Barcelona-Italy cruise last March for 2024.  I did book Plus.  Will I be entitled to those new add ons or do I have to do something different.  I checked my reservation and it doesn't say that I have them.  I don't want to rebook because I LOVE my room choice.

20 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

This got me thinking.  I booked my Barcelona-Italy cruise last March for 2024.  I did book Plus.  Will I be entitled to those new add ons or do I have to do something different.  I checked my reservation and it doesn't say that I have them.  I don't want to rebook because I LOVE my room choice.

Should be no need to rebook. You should be able to pay the difference either before or onboard the first day to upgrade.

• Like 1

I misunderstood when the new pricing comes into effect. If you purchased your plus or premier package between Dec 15th 2022 and July 26 2023 your package includes the new “perks”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Carla3 said:

I misunderstood when the new pricing comes into effect. If you purchased your plus or premier package between Dec 15th 2022 and July 26 2023 your package includes the new “perks”

Where do you see this?

4 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Where do you see this?

It was part of the announcements on Thursday.  Dec 14/15 was when the new $60/$80 fare packages came into effect.  Anything booked on/after then is the new plan and gets all the new perks.

• Thanks 1

I have to say that I thought the rollout announcement was awkward and very difficult to understand. I must have read excerpts from multiple sources to get a full understanding of the changes. Still not convinced I’ve got it! I was a bit surprised that reserve class cabins and full suites did not include new additional perks though. You’d think there would be no room service charge in a full suite, even if you only had the standard package 

33 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It was part of the announcements on Thursday.  Dec 14/15 was when the new $60/$80 fare packages came into effect.  Anything booked on/after then is the new plan and gets all the new perks.

Booked Feb, of 23. So We will get all the plus 60 "stuff" even the latest changes at the plus 50 rate? We will see. 

Check your travel summary…..lists package items. Ours is not showing newest changes but does show the last changes (juice bar, premium desserts, etc.)….so who knows and how are staff ever going to keep track?

1 minute ago, mcgratru said:

Check your travel summary…..lists package items. Ours is not showing newest changes but does show the last changes (juice bar, premium desserts, etc.)….so who knows and how are staff ever going to keep track?

Mine does not show what you see. Just CA, WIFI and drink package.

44 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Booked Feb, of 23. So We will get all the plus 60 "stuff" even the latest changes at the plus 50 rate? We will see. 

If you booked in February of 2023, you paid $60 pp pd. The price change was in December of 2022.

The easiest  way to tell is if you see Premium Desserts and Juice Bar on your Travel Summary, it means you paid the $60. All the 'New" benefits are then included for you. Princess has not yet updated the New benefits online though, so you won't see them yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villauk said:

What new perks - don’t you mean the amenities that you originally booked/purchased aren’t being taken off you 🤣.

Hi Jenny!

I have the same question at the OP. While not feeling enraged or cheated as many  do, I quite frankly would prefer free room service and two “casual dining” options -  new version, to two desserts and two yoga classes - version when I booked.

somewhere in all the webinar screenshots of the last few days,  I read that in my situation one could choose either version. No upcharge. I did not see  $10/day, maybe I missed it. 

My TA thinks I get perks from both versions, which cannot be right. Plenty of time to shake out, I don’t sail till next year. Roll out communication could have been so much better, and I too feel incredible sorry for all customer facing service people once this rolls out. 

29 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

If you booked in February of 2023, you paid $60 pp pd. The price change was in December of 2022.

The easiest  way to tell is if you see Premium Desserts and Juice Bar on your Travel Summary, it means you paid the $60. All the 'New" benefits are then included for you. Princess has not yet updated the New benefits online though, so you won't see them yet.

The date may have been a re-fare of an older booking. Not itemized on my invoice, it says Princess Plus $0.00 but clearly lists plus-50 on the personalizer and none of the extras listed in the travel summary. Frankly, it doesn't matter as we won't use that stuff anyway. Not going to pay an extra $10per day for them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Hi Jenny!

I have the same question at the OP. While not feeling enraged or cheated as many  do, I quite frankly would prefer free room service and two “casual dining” options -  new version, to two desserts and two yoga classes - version when I booked.

somewhere in all the webinar screenshots of the last few days,  I read that in my situation one could choose either version. No upcharge. I did not see  $10/day, maybe I missed it. 

My TA thinks I get perks from both versions, which cannot be right. Plenty of time to shake out, I don’t sail till next year. Roll out communication could have been so much better, and I too feel incredible sorry for all customer facing service people once this rolls out. 

Hi to you too ☺️. Hope you are well.

We have gone to having most things taken from us as we’re on the ‘old’ Plus 50. All 7 of us are sailing in 3 weeks and we won’t be upgrading. I’m not bothered about R/S or the medallion, but I will be complaining about losing services that I have already paid for, especially being this close to sailing.

In your case, I have no idea if you would be able to swap out certain amenities you want 🤷‍♀️. We obviously won’t have that option as we now haven’t got any to swap 😂

Edited by villauk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Hi Jenny!

Not heard of picking options, but a guest can remain at $50 pkg paid or upgrade to $60.  Perhaps that is what you think/mean by choosing which way to go.  If upgrade, you get all the newest items.  Seems most folks are calculating their spend on the new things that cost is less than $10/pp/day.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2