A Point about Travel Summary Text and New Changes Announced July 27.

Steelers36

12 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

Please, from a stranger thousands of miles away, (I've even googled it) what does TIPWTA stand for?

This is Princess we’re talking about. Used with some frequency when we’re trying to figure out why Princess does what it does…or doesn’t do what it should do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This is Princess we’re talking about. Used with some frequency when we’re trying to figure out why Princess does what it does…or doesn’t do what it should do. 

I'm still scratching my head, but maybe this clue will help if I take another look at the acronym.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you! its not quite as easy to say as FUBAR or SABU, but still relevant to the forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

TIPWTA

"This Is Princess We’re Talking About"

You should have posted it as:

TIPWTA.  Solution below.  Spoiler warning ...

<this is your last chance to stop scrolling>

This Is Princess We Are Talking About

Well done.  Cheers, out.  😁

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I guess I was still half-asleep this morning when I read this post.  I just thought you were typing and did not even clue in until later that you gave the answer as a sentence.  I just thought you were giving a nebulous clue.  But that sentence of six words is SO SO apropos.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

I guess I was still half-asleep this morning when I read this post.  I just thought your were typing and did not even clue in until later that you gave the answer as a sentence.  I just thought you were giving a nebulous clue.  But that sentence of six words is SO SO apropos.

I’m shocked, with all the assistance you’ve generously offered with the Medallion app and MedallionNet, that you haven’t a shortcut of your own. 😆 Tip-wit-a is a frequent and familiar phrase in our house, at this point more to convey resignation than disapproval. 

• Like 2

Little update on our Plus pkg after calling Princess (which naturally means more questions…🙄) We had the Plus-50 since we booked last year, called to see how to upgrade to the NEW Plus. (Really wanted the free room service, 2 casual dining and Ocean Now Delivery. Was told it would be $60 to upgrade to the new Plus. She claimed I had the Standard Plus. Whaaaaat? She seemed to think there was standard fare, standard plus, plus and premier. Soooooo…no, I’m sitting here looking at it and there is no standard plus. If I paid $50 for the old plus, why would I not just pay another $10/pp/day???  After a long hold she finally said yes — you just need to pay the $10pp/day to get the NEW plus. Yay. Asked if that would be reflected in my travel summary (thanks to you guys for pointing this out!) Oh yes, if you log out and log back in it will show in your travel summary. Are you suuuuuuure?? Yes. So I thanked her and proceeded to pull up travel summary. It had everything BUT room service, Ocean Now, and casual dining! The app does show casual dining and ocean now but not room service.  I called back and this guy says he sees where I upgraded and he assured me that even though those 3 things weren’t listed on the travel summary, that I ABSOLUTELY have the full plus pkg. 😖

So - do you guys with the plus pkg. have room service, ocean now and casual dining listed on your travel summary??? I am REALLY hoping not to have to get on the phone with Princess again!! Thanks all!!

23 minutes ago, dixiejen said:

Little update on our Plus pkg after calling Princess (which naturally means more questions…🙄) We had the Plus-50 since we booked last year, called to see how to upgrade to the NEW Plus. (Really wanted the free room service, 2 casual dining and Ocean Now Delivery. Was told it would be $60 to upgrade to the new Plus. She claimed I had the Standard Plus. Whaaaaat? She seemed to think there was standard fare, standard plus, plus and premier. Soooooo…no, I’m sitting here looking at it and there is no standard plus. If I paid $50 for the old plus, why would I not just pay another $10/pp/day???  After a long hold she finally said yes — you just need to pay the $10pp/day to get the NEW plus. Yay. Asked if that would be reflected in my travel summary (thanks to you guys for pointing this out!) Oh yes, if you log out and log back in it will show in your travel summary. Are you suuuuuuure?? Yes. So I thanked her and proceeded to pull up travel summary. It had everything BUT room service, Ocean Now, and casual dining! The app does show casual dining and ocean now but not room service.  I called back and this guy says he sees where I upgraded and he assured me that even though those 3 things weren’t listed on the travel summary, that I ABSOLUTELY have the full plus pkg. 😖

So - do you guys with the plus pkg. have room service, ocean now and casual dining listed on your travel summary??? I am REALLY hoping not to have to get on the phone with Princess again!! Thanks all!!

No but they do show on the app for the cruise 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dixiejen said:

No,  I have plus and they don't show up.  I always print out a copy of my travel summary and with the rest of the stuff on there,  it will show you have plus.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, suekel said:

My app ahows premier..I have plus.  

Congrats on the Free upgrade 😄 I wouldn't count on it yet. Ours shows plus 60 when we purchased plus 50. I take everything from Princess with a truckload of salt right now.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2023 at 5:00 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

My CVP has been able to add, remove and change my packages. It has gotten more challenging for him in the last 6-8 months. I don’t know what or how his end changed I just hear him muttering and then “I’ll work on it and send the new confirmation”. He’s been able to do it without cancelling and rebooking as I retain my original booking number. 

That said, since you are talking about the eclipse cruise I wouldn’t touch it!  I’m on that cruise too and agree with @Thrak  

And I'm on that one too and agree with both of you! I wouldn't touch it. My ongoing minor worry about this is the possibility of getting an email from Princess canceling it because they chartered that sailing. Paranoid much? 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Congrats on the Free upgrade 😄 I wouldn't count on it yet. Ours shows plus 60 when we purchased plus 50. I take everything from Princess with a truckload of salt right now.

Oh yes,  I know they'll change it.  I was just trying to point out that things aren't accurate right now

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2023 at 1:47 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Yes, but…TIPWTA.*

*Pronounced Tip-wit-a at our house. Because it’s used with some frequency. 

I had something happen yesterday that brought this comment you made to mind.  Back story: December of 2021, we had an issue caused by the shortcomings of the MedallionClass App that resulted in losing refundable onboard credit that we should have gotten a check for after disembarking.  It was less than $100, but the principle of losing it because of the loathsome app really stuck in my craw.  After months of reporting the issue and being told that tickets had been submitted, it had been kicked up the chain of command, etc. and no satisfactory resolution, it was no longer worth my time to keep after it.  Yesterday, I had a voicemail from Princess Cruises saying that they had looked into the matter and agreed it was money we were due but given the length of time involved they could no longer issue the refund so instead would be giving us $100 onboard credit on our upcoming cruise.  Yes, THIS is the Princess we talk about!  👏

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I had something happen yesterday that brought this comment you made to mind.  Back story: December of 2021, we had an issue caused by the shortcomings of the MedallionClass App that resulted in losing refundable onboard credit that we should have gotten a check for after disembarking.  It was less than $100, but the principle of losing it because of the loathsome app really stuck in my craw.  After months of reporting the issue and being told that tickets had been submitted, it had been kicked up the chain of command, etc. and no satisfactory resolution, it was no longer worth my time to keep after it.  Yesterday, I had a voicemail from Princess Cruises saying that they had looked into the matter and agreed it was money we were due but given the length of time involved they could no longer issue the refund so instead would be giving us $100 onboard credit on our upcoming cruise.  Yes, THIS is the Princess we talk about!  👏

2021?  Almost 2 years ago? Really?

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

2021?  Almost 2 years ago? Really?

I know, it surprised me too after all this time.  Still don't care for the app, but what did make me loyal to Princess is still an intricate part of the cruise experience - hooray!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

I know, it surprised me too after all this time.  Still don't care for the app, but what did make me loyal to Princess is still an intricate part of the cruise experience - hooray!

There’s still hope for me.  I have an obc that was

supposed to be credited in Nov of 22, that was never credited OB.  So, I sent a copy of the receipt where PCL was paid.  I asked that it be credited to the next cruise in 2023, no.  Okay the next one…no.

I can try again.  This is ONLY 1 year, not 2 years. 🥴

Edited by PacnGoNow