Explora cruises from the eyes of clients

travelberlin

2 hours ago, Mattsudds said:

I hope you have a brilliant time and any teething problems are gone by then. Out of curiosity, exactly how are you making the restaurant bookings. I keep looking at my booking through the website and there doesnt seem to be any obvious way to do it. This restaurant reservation thing seems to be central to so much criticism that I’m keen to sort it out before boarding if possible. 

I called the EJ Ambassador number myself. I got confirmation of my two reservations right over the phone. We like to eat early (6:30) so finding openings was a piece of cake. We have Sakura and Marble&Co. We are not interested in the supplement paid Anthology. I may also do one of the Chef’s Kitchen classes. I’m personally not worried about getting dining times. Even the Marketplace looks fabulous to us. But if the Master wants to invite us to dine with her I doubt we will decline. 😀

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

I called the EJ Ambassador number myself. I got confirmation of my two reservations right over the phone. We like to eat early (6:30) so finding openings was a piece of cake. We have Sakura and Marble&Co. We are not interested in the supplement paid Anthology. I may also do one of the Chef’s Kitchen classes. I’m personally not worried about getting dining times. Even the Marketplace looks fabulous to us. But if the Master wants to invite us to dine with her I doubt we will decline. 😀

Nice one - thanks for the tip. Yes, we too have booked Sakura & Marble & Co.

Hopefully in the future their system will get sorted so we can manage stuff like this online !   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Love it and Agree i am looking forward to more posts about food from passengers

18 minutes ago, machotspur said:

Nice one - thanks for the tip. Yes, we too have booked Sakura & Marble & Co.

Hopefully in the future their system will get sorted so we can manage stuff like this online !   

I have booked that way successfully as well 

On 8/10/2023 at 3:59 PM, Stickman1990 said:

I wonder if they stagger boarding depending on suite level?

Not a big issue - I’ll just be glad to get onboard on the 9th

I expect you to email me with your perspective!!!!!

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, Stickman1990 said:

I wonder if they stagger boarding depending on suite level?

Not a big issue - I’ll just be glad to get onboard on the 9th

Looking forward to following your cruise

Nancy

• Like 4

Honest reviews from paying guests are being provided about Explora in other social media channels. The overall impression seems to be positive. There are however some things that for me are important information. For example that there is a cigar lounge in deck 5 and that you can smell the cigarettes in some cabins specially in deck 6. That would be very annoying for non smokers like us. I hope Explora can do something about this.

In addition, long lines for the restaurants Sakura/Marble and only two types of included wine available to choose from: one red and one white? Otherwise one would have to buy and the bottle prices start at Euro 40.  I hope that they improve the wines options and that we will not get offered the merlot and pinot grigio that the “easy package” from MSC includes. 

Ivi

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Honest reviews from paying guests are being provided about Explora in other social media channels. The overall impression seems to be positive. There are however some things that for me are important information. For example that there is a cigar lounge in deck 5 and that you can smell the cigarettes in some cabins specially in deck 6. That would be very annoying for non smokers like us. I hope Explora can do something about this.

In addition, long lines for the restaurants Sakura/Marble and only two types of included wine available to choose from: one red and one white? Otherwise one would have to buy and the bottle prices start at Euro 40.  I hope that they improve the wines options and that we will not get offered the merlot and pinot grigio that the “easy package” from MSC includes. 

Ivi

Ivi, 

I had noticed there are a lot of outdoor smoking areas scattered about. When seated indoors near the door to the outside, if there is a lot of traffic through the door, there can be smoke drift inside. I’ve had to move seats on occasion. My room is not on deck 6, so no experience to report there. 

Sakura/Marble are the reservation restaurants so there should be no lines there. The lines would be at Fil Rouge and Med Yacht. Flexibility advised. There are more included wines. If the first one offered is not one you enjoy ask for one of the others. That said, I don’t think any of the ones I’ve tried are more than just passable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Ivi, 

I had noticed there are a lot of outdoor smoking areas scattered about. When seated indoors near the door to the outside, if there is a lot of traffic through the door, there can be smoke drift inside. I’ve had to move seats on occasion. My room is not on deck 6, so no experience to report there. 

Sakura/Marble are the reservation restaurants so there should be no lines there. The lines would be at Fil Rouge and Med Yacht. Flexibility advised. There are more included wines. If the first one offered is not one you enjoy ask for one of the others. That said, I don’t think any of the ones I’ve tried are more than just passable. 

Thank you for giving us more information. Glad to hear that there are more options fore the wines. Do you remember any of the names? Or is there a wine list for the included wines?

Ivi

• Like 1