Solo adding guest later costs more

I shouldn't have assumed. I booked solo because no one would commit to come along. Figured that since a solo pays double, adding another pax wouldn't cost much more. But they are considered a third guest and they pay additional fare. My other sister mentioned "I'll go on any cruise" but good thing I didn't say anything, I got a good deal on a suite but adding her, it's not such a good deal anymore. I like traveling solo so there's no problem but others out there may not realize this is how it works when adding a person. From now on, I'll just book as 2 pax and have one be a no show if no one else wants to come along.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

I shouldn't have assumed. I booked solo because no one would commit to come along. Figured that since a solo pays double, adding another pax wouldn't cost much more. But they are considered a third guest and they pay additional fare. My other sister mentioned "I'll go on any cruise" but good thing I didn't say anything, I got a good deal on a suite but adding her, it's not such a good deal anymore. I like traveling solo so there's no problem but others out there may not realize this is how it works when adding a person. From now on, I'll just book as 2 pax and have one be a no show if no one else wants to come along.  

Sorry that you got a bad agent but that is completely false.

A solo is one guest and adding a second guest is nothing more than them paying the port taxes and fees.  I have done many of these for clients.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

That doesnt sound right. The 2nd pax is the 2nd pax. Maybe the refared price just went up that much?

The 2nd pax isnt considered the 3rd pax. Just doesnt sound right. Lol

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

you got VERY bad information, it costs next to nothing to add a person to a solo booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Thank you, you all are such a great resource....I'll call back my TA and tell him. 

Did your TA even call Royal or did he just give you that information.  If it was your TA then it's time to look for a new one.

I was actually surprised that a Royal rep told you that 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did your TA even call Royal or did he just give you that information.  If it was your TA then it's time to look for a new one.

I was actually surprised that a Royal rep told you that 

My TA put me on hold for a considerable time. I don’t know where he got the information. I have left him a message explaining what you all have told me, and asking him to call me tomorrow. I’ll report back!

It is probably repricing to the current rate.  It doesn't add a 2nd person as a 3rd.  If you book 2 and go solo, I am reading lately that you do not get double points with a no show passenger listed like you used to get. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Lesson learned, when you have more than one cruise coming up, make sure to say which ship and date you are calling about, not just the booking number. Thanks again to all who took the time to help me. 

Nonsense.  It was not your fault.  You did your part if you gave the TA the booking number.  If the TA wanted to look up the booking by other means, the TA should have asked for the other info.  Your TA made the error.

• Like 1