Laundry packages

cruiser man 60

39 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@Crew News I was looking for this laundry list on your website a few minutes ago to share with @Pboyd but couldn't find it.  Is it somewhere on your website?  Can you point me to it as I want to share it with a friend too.

Thanks Roger,

~Nancy

It is available only by link and not by searching.  Here is the link:  Laundry ListFeel free to share.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Pboyd said:

Thanks so much!

We always buy the laundry service in advance. That way we can pack less. We always have anywhere from a few days (FL, NY, CA) or a few weeks (Europe) before we cruise. being able to send out those clothes on the day after boarding is a blessing. We pack for four or five days. Our cruises are never less than 11 days.

Jim

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

We always buy the laundry service in advance. That way we can pack less. We always have anywhere from a few days (FL, NY, CA) or a few weeks (Europe) before we cruise. being able to send out those clothes on the day after boarding is a blessing. We pack for four or five days. Our cruises are never less than 11 days.

Jim

On 2/1/2024 at 8:25 PM, Haljo1935 said:

You can do either. To pre-purchase, just go to "packages" from inside your booking. It will give you the price for your cruise. No discount to prepay, so if you want to use OBC, you can do it onboard.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

We prepurchased it along with Club Orange but got a paid upgrade to a Neptune which included both - we were refunded the price of both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I think it depends on the length of the cruise.

I am currently on a 22 day cruise in South America and paid $35.  I paid $35 on my 15 TA in October too.

Contents of my bag:

3 jeans

2 yoga pants

2 shorts

1 dress

1 dress shirt

3 t shirt

6 underclothes

6 sox

Edited by 0106
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

I purchased a laundry package for my Hawaii cruise in January 2025. It came to $8.50/day, whether or not it will be one item or 10 pounds.

Jim

And it will all be handled with great care. You may even get a note from the person who did your laundry.

20231222_135557.thumb.jpg.a4d77784bb96de6d4a0bdbefd5336dd8.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

And it will all be handled with great care. You may even get a note from the person who did your laundry.

20231222_135557.thumb.jpg.a4d77784bb96de6d4a0bdbefd5336dd8.jpg

We have utilized HAL's laundry program in the pasdt and have always been more than happy with the results. We even send them a gratuity via a laundry bag/envelope.

Jim

• Like 1

I too am a fan of the unlimited wash/fold service. Laundry usually returned next day, nicely laundered and pressed either folded in a basket wrapped in tissue or hung in a valet bag and almost unfailingly delivered with a nice note. I usually write them a note back and attach it to the laundry slip.

Just one more way HAL stands out against their peers

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

We have utilized HAL's laundry program in the pasdt and have always been more than happy with the results. We even send them a gratuity via a laundry bag/envelope.

Jim

We do that, too. Our last bag, we put back in the notes they've given us with a note of thanks written on them and tip attached. 

You know, Jim, how I like to write - I like to think they enjoy and appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I too am a fan of the unlimited wash/fold service. Laundry usually returned next day, nicely laundered and pressed either folded in a basket wrapped in tissue or hung in a valet bag and almost unfailingly delivered with a nice note. I usually write them a note back and attach it to the laundry slip.

Just one more way HAL stands out against their peers

You're singing the happy song 🎵 🎶 to me. We write a note on their notes and include with a tip in the final bag we send.

Nobody does laundry better than HAL.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 10:04 PM, lilimarlene313 said:

Do you know if unscented laundry soap and dryer sheets are an option on HAL?  I have issues with fragrances added to cleaning supplies.  I will be on the 35-day Hawaii and Tahiti trip sailing on Feb 17, 2024.

Has been discussed on another thread, but I'm not able to search just now, so hoping @chengkp75 will weigh in.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:04 PM, lilimarlene313 said:

Do you know if unscented laundry soap and dryer sheets are an option on HAL?  I have issues with fragrances added to cleaning supplies.  I will be on the 35-day Hawaii and Tahiti trip sailing on Feb 17, 2024.

I’m not sure what the specific product they use is but it does not bother my skin or respiratory system at all. I am very sensitive to laundry products, especially anything with perfumes/scents/dyes. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about pre-purchasing an unlimited laundry package for next year's 35 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on Koningsdam.  The current price is $262.50 for the entire cruise ($7.50 per day), which seems pretty good if a person is planning on sending ou laundry about every second or third day and I am not.  Should I expect the package price to remain the same in case I do decide to purchase it when the cruise rolls around and can anybody confirm that the current cost of a bag of laundry is $35.00?

13 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Should I expect the package price to remain the same in case I do decide to purchase it when the cruise rolls around and can anybody confirm that the current cost of a bag of laundry is $35.00?

Well, it won't go down! And might go up... Buying it now would lock it in. 

I believe I read recently people paid $25 for a bag! (Historically and without explanation that I know of, the cost has not been the same fleetwide, with the cost being higher for any cruise embarking or ending in Europe... maybe also for Alaska. Which is why the website doesn't cite any prices except the unlimited for booked cruises.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:04 PM, lilimarlene313 said:

I wrote no perfume or scent on the ticket and had no problem with the laundry. I am allergic to perfumes and most scents. I had no issue with the laundry. I also wrote hang dry and cold water wash on many items and they all came back great.  I loved having the laundry.  We did stuff in our jeans on the last cruise.  We did one bag of laundry for a 9 day cruise.    You will be surprised how much you can put in the bag.      

39 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Well, it won't go down! And might go up... Buying it now would lock it in. 

Yes.  I think I will just go ahead and do it.  This will mean a change in our luggage packing strategy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Yes.  I think I will just go ahead and do it.  This will mean a change in our luggage packing strategy.

Done.  I was pleasantly surprised that there was no additional service charge added (18or 20%).

• Like 3