Laundry packages

cruiser man 60

19 hours ago, DougandEric said:

We can purchase the unlimited laundry package on our 3/2025 43 day cruise from Auckland to Seattle for $322 ($7.49 per day).  Seems reasonable to me.

We are on that cruise as well and after our experience on the Eurodam we will definitely be buying the laundry package for this cruise.

• Like 2

Hi all looking at this post and debating what is better - 40 a bag of laundry or 280 for a 27night unlimited - considering we have heavier clothing ie jeans leggings jumpers and jackets I'm leaning toward unlimited but not sure - if it's worth it also considering have to convert  this amount to Aust dollars - any thoughts 

@CCNDSUN6

Consider that the unlimited is for everyone in your cabin.  2-3-4 people?  I'm usually solo so by the bag worked for me.....about one bag a week....but for more people unlimited becomes more attractive especially with winter clothing.

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CCNDSUN6 said:

Hi all looking at this post and debating what is better - 40 a bag of laundry or 280 for a 27night unlimited

After I learned how good HAL laundry is (they will wash on warm, even cold, and dry warm or HANG DRY!), I went from hand-washing everything in the sink, ugg, to sending a bag once or twice per cruise. See my list from a transAtlantic on the previous page of this thread. By the bag seemed so much more reasonable than unlimited...

Now that I have "graduated" to loyalty unlimited laundry, I see how it works -- you don't have to pack as much, nor wait for a bagful to send, while having enough clothes to wear while the load comes back. Especially if you don't have free baggage on your flights to and from the cruise, the unlimited becomes more attractive!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

After I learned how good HAL laundry is (they will wash on warm, even cold, and dry warm or HANG DRY!)...Now that I have "graduated" to loyalty unlimited laundry, I see how it works -- you don't have to pack as much, nor wait for a bagful to send, while having enough clothes to wear while the load comes back. Especially if you don't have free baggage on your flights to and from the cruise, the unlimited becomes more attractive!

Consider also that you can send out laundry the last couple days so you are taking home mostly clean clothes thus making unpacking after so much easier. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Consider also that you can send out laundry the last couple days so you are taking home mostly clean clothes thus making unpacking after so much easier. 

I will confirm in (counting on fingers) 48 days!

How about if you are going to continue on travelling after the cruise? How convenient not to have to find a laundromat or avail of hotel services!

I feel pretty foolish not to have thought of these angles earlier...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All great advice thank you - one some of my cruises they have. DIY Laundry but on this one they don't - I have done the wash in the basin trick but that was for warmer climates than the HAL I am booked on in April -05May--10june - Baltic Midnigjt sun and fjords so not sure how the drying is goi f to go - but for us Australians the conversion works out to be abit expensive as oppose to 3-4 bags @40eacg  just not sure if I can fit jeans and heavier clothes into a bag so have to weigh that one up 

but appreciate the feedback and advice 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CCNDSUN6 said:

Hi all looking at this post and debating what is better - 40 a bag of laundry or 280 for a 27night unlimited - considering we have heavier clothing ie jeans leggings jumpers and jackets I'm leaning toward unlimited but not sure - if it's worth it also considering have to convert  this amount to Aust dollars - any thoughts 

Getting unlimited completely changed my thinking about how much to take.  I literally sent a bag out every day, so I was able to get by on carry-on luggage for a 17 day cruise and would do the same on any length cruise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CCNDSUN6 said:

for us Australians the conversion works out to be abit expensive as oppose to 3-4 bags @40each  just not sure if I can fit jeans and heavier clothes into a bag so have to weigh that one up 

Anything you can fit in the bag is acceptable. But you won't get as many of the larger/thicker items in a bag so it might turn into more than 3-4 bags. But you don't have to make the decision until onboard, or perhaps when packing and realizing you don't want to tote as many clothes as you'll want!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CCNDSUN6 said:

When did it go up to $40. The highest I’ve heard of is $35

23 hours ago, crystalspin said:

After I learned how good HAL laundry is (they will wash on warm, even cold, and dry warm or HANG DRY!), I went from hand-washing everything in the sink, ugg, to sending a bag once or twice per cruise. See my list from a transAtlantic on the previous page of this thread. By the bag seemed so much more reasonable than unlimited...

Now that I have "graduated" to loyalty unlimited laundry, I see how it works -- you don't have to pack as much, nor wait for a bagful to send, while having enough clothes to wear while the load comes back. Especially if you don't have free baggage on your flights to and from the cruise, the unlimited becomes more attractive!

Do you know if unscented laundry soap and dryer sheets are an option on HAL?  I have issues with fragrances added to cleaning supplies.  I will be on the 35-day Hawaii and Tahiti trip sailing on Feb 17, 2024.

Edited by lilimarlene313
I forgot to add my question.

23 minutes ago, lilimarlene313 said:

Do you know if unscented laundry soap and dryer sheets are an option on HAL?  I have issues with fragrances added to cleaning supplies.  I will be on the 35-day Hawaii and Tahiti trip sailing on Feb 17, 2024.

This question comes up periodically, but I have not memorized the answer. But I think the all-knowing @kazu might have insight here. Jacqui?

I do not detect fragrance from the detergent and suspect dryer sheets are not a concern. (Can you imagine all the Bounce it would take in those big dryers?)

Meanwhile, you probably will not have time to read the 211 (!) pages of the HI/Tahiti Roll Call, unless you have been lurking all along? But you are welcome to join and attend the Meet and Mingle on the second seaday (Monday), 10:30am, Billboard Onboard. Let me know!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2832921-february-17-2024-hawaii-and-tahiti/page/205/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

This question comes up periodically, but I have not memorized the answer. But I think the all-knowing @kazu might have insight here. Jacqui?

I do not detect fragrance from the detergent and suspect dryer sheets are not a concern. (Can you imagine all the Bounce it would take in those big dryers?)

Meanwhile, you probably will not have time to read the 211 (!) pages of the HI/Tahiti Roll Call, unless you have been lurking all along? But you are welcome to join and attend the Meet and Mingle on the second seaday (Monday), 10:30am, Billboard Onboard. Let me know!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2832921-february-17-2024-hawaii-and-tahiti/page/205/

I would love to attend the Meet and Mingle!  Thank you.  Are husbands welcome, also?  And I haven't been lurking.  I just found the roll call thread yesterday and am reading as much as I can so I can be as prepared as I can.  The longest cruise I have been on so far is 14 days, but I am excited for all the days at sea on this sailing.  I'm still figuring out how to navigate the boards.  I put a message on the roll call thread to introduce myself.  Thank you for your response here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lilimarlene313 said:

I don’t believe there is any scented product used. I don’t care for scent on my clothes and have detected none on the ships’ laundry.  This question has been asked before and I am quite certain others have confirmed the same.  Be aware though that the Elemis products provided in the bathroom are scented so you may wish to bring your own shampoo, conditioner, etc.

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

LOL on the all knowing 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the laundry service . They do a great job...except when they put the little room tags on a vulnerable seam or part of the fabric  and it doesn't want to come off.

When deciding on by the bag or unlimited (we are very close to free) I look at how many days we are in port pre-cruise. if several days pre cruise I will be ready for laundry almost right away when on board, which generally equates to unlimited package.. Otherwise I do the math and we never bring bulky clothes like jeans or heavy sweaters, etc... light layers in most cases, depending on the itinerary.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kazu said:

I don’t believe there is any scented product used. I don’t care for scent on my clothes and have detected none on the ships’ laundry.  This question has been asked before and I am quite certain others have confirmed the same.  Be aware though that the Elemis products provided in the bathroom are scented so you may wish to bring your own shampoo, conditioner, etc.

LOL on the all knowing 😂 

Thank you for your response.  I will use the laundry services and hope it turns out well.  And thanks for the tip about the grooming products.  I do always bring my own.  But sometimes I splurge and get my hair done at the salon!

22 minutes ago, lilimarlene313 said:

Thank you for your response.  I will use the laundry services and hope it turns out well.  And thanks for the tip about the grooming products.  I do always bring my own.  But sometimes I splurge and get my hair done at the salon!

Can’t help you on the latter.  I’m not sure if the salon has unscented products or not.  I’ve only had my hair done once on board.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.  Can you send out single pieces as might be needed?  Is there a per/piece price, or do you pay for a whole bag even if there might not be but one piece in it? Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Pboyd said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed.  Can you send out single pieces as might be needed?  Is there a per/piece price, or do you pay for a whole bag even if there might not be but one piece in it? Thanks.

Yes, you can send one piece for a single price---determined by what garment is being sent. 
The prices per item are outrageous, which is the primary reason no one ever discusses them on these threads. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Yes, you can send one piece for a single price---determined by what garment is being sent. 
The prices per item are outrageous, which is the primary reason no one ever discusses them on these threads.