Loyalty complimentary nights

Werangels

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Ah @Riocca is the guest it worked for 😂.

To be honest I think being told to message the ship by the call centre is a really very bad thing.
People will start sharing the email address on websites, the ship will get swamped with communication and others will and the onboard service will grind to a slow. Riocca I know wouldn’t do that but others will start sending pillow requests and minibar requests when would it end. 
Whoever is doing that at the call centre or whatever procedure manual it sits in should stop/change it immediately 

To be fair the suggestion came from someone we have gotten to know quite well over the years in Azamara’s customer service department I’m sure it’s not in the procedure manual and no email addresses were given out. However we are well aware of the ships email address so we’re able to pose the question ahead of time, would never share email addresses on a public forum or the information we received.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's really bad and extremely embarrassing for the Loyalty Managers on the ship who whilst knowing what level individual cruisers are, have no idea how many days they've accrued. This is how they assess the top cruiser who is asked to attend the PR event for Azamara Circle toward the end of the cruise. The Loyalty Managers should be getting involved in helping people with their "free" days on the ship and booking cruises for them in this regard, but can't.

I was prepared to cut Azamara some slack in sorting the IT issues out, but increasingly feel the delays are unacceptable and getting to be beyond a joke. 

Phil 

Currently on Onward Loyalty hostess has access to everyone's Loyalty status including how many nights have been sailed. She has printed mine and it is correct.

• Like 5

Guest Cooper2020
2 hours ago, Belfastman said:

Currently on Onward Loyalty hostess has access to everyone's Loyalty status including how many nights have been sailed. She has printed mine and it is correct.

The Loyalty Hostess on Onward (Ke) last month was amazing.  She knew her role inside out.  Sorted my points, booked us a cruise using our  6 free nights saving us a substantial amount and also booked us on the next cruise to the one we were sailing on (making it  a back to back) at a great price too and able to stay in the same suite  - so more than happy with the service on board Onward  and amazed at speed at which she was able to do this.  

4 hours ago, Cooper2020 said:

The Loyalty Hostess on Onward (Ke) last month was amazing.  She knew her role inside out.  Sorted my points, booked us a cruise using our  6 free nights saving us a substantial amount and also booked us on the next cruise to the one we were sailing on (making it  a back to back) at a great price too and able to stay in the same suite  - so more than happy with the service on board Onward  and amazed at speed at which she was able to do this.  

That's great to hear. The Loyalty Manager on Quest last was tearing his hair out in July. I've just checked on the Azamara site to see if my past cruises are listed and they aren't there, although my level and total points are correct. Maybe that will folliw soon.  The only way I can see my past Azamara cruises is by logging into Celebrity and sifting through both cruiselines. 

Phil 

10 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's great to hear. The Loyalty Manager on Quest last was tearing his hair out in July. I've just checked on the Azamara site to see if my past cruises are listed and they aren't there, although my level and total points are correct. Maybe that will folliw soon.  The only way I can see my past Azamara cruises is by logging into Celebrity and sifting through both cruiselines. 

Phil 

I can’t see my past cruises either - I assumed that no-one can yet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I can’t see my past cruises either - I assumed that no-one can yet.

Might take a while I guess  I was prompted to check by Belfastman's report from Onward. It's not an issue for me, but I know it was for João on Quest who had no way of checking nights sailed for an individual. Could have been tricky for awarding top cruiser. Some are very sensitive about their status! Lol 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't a clue about our nights and I am not sure I would be good at checking anyway.  I always went on the basis of someone else will know the right figure!  Wonder if I will ever know.....watches the tumbleweed creep over......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

I haven't a clue about our nights and I am not sure I would be good at checking anyway.  I always went on the basis of someone else will know the right figure!  Wonder if I will ever know.....watches the tumbleweed creep over......

Same here. I know which cruises I’ve been on with Azamara (never been with Celebrity), but certainly can’t remember exactly how many nights each of them was or what type of cabin I had on each one, especially the ones longer ago.

4 hours ago, uktog said:

I keep a spreadsheet of our dates, number of nights, and points. We always stay in the same type of cabin.

Edited by wjfan417
  • Like 1

We have several Azamara cruises, but only one on Celebrity (Celebrity Flora-Galapagos). I also did not keep close track, but since this mess, I did log into Celebrity and it had all of our cruises listed except for the last 2 Azamara in March.

At least I was able to compile a list to send to Azamara (numerous times now) so they could update our points and status. Still not done and they are not seeing our correct status in their system. I have supplied them with all the info. How long would it take to follow up and sort it out? We are only missing the 2 cruises in March.

Seems it would be easier to fix it than to keep sending e-mails to me that they are seeing our status as Explorer, then asking me if this is correct! Each time, I tell them no, it is not correct and attach the list of our past cruises. 

2 hours ago, kent4489 said:

We have several Azamara cruises, but only one on Celebrity (Celebrity Flora-Galapagos). I also did not keep close track, but since this mess, I did log into Celebrity and it had all of our cruises listed except for the last 2 Azamara in March.

At least I was able to compile a list to send to Azamara (numerous times now) so they could update our points and status. Still not done and they are not seeing our correct status in their system. I have supplied them with all the info. How long would it take to follow up and sort it out? We are only missing the 2 cruises in March.

Seems it would be easier to fix it than to keep sending e-mails to me that they are seeing our status as Explorer, then asking me if this is correct! Each time, I tell them no, it is not correct and attach the list of our past cruises. 

Thanks for the tip - I forgot about past Azamara cruises showing on your Celebrity Captain's Club account. Just had a look and there there they all are with the number of nights and points earned. Excellent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for the tip - I forgot about past Azamara cruises showing on your Celebrity Captain's Club account. Just had a look and there there they all are with the number of nights and points earned. Excellent.

See my post #30 above. That's what I did for the Loyalty Manager on Quest last month. 

Phil 

In all the time I've been reading the Azamara forum here, the number of people who actually got a worthwhile benefit from their free loyalty nights has been very small.  Basically it only works if you have earned 6 or more free nights, and even then you may have to take an itinerary that you wouldn't have chosen otherwise.  [We didn't even qualify when we reached Discoverer Plus, because although >50% of our 750 qualifying points had come from Azamara, the majority of nights and cruises were on Celebrity.]  I'm not counting on being able to use the 3 nights if we ever reach 1,500 points. IMHO this should be the first part of the loyalty program that Azamara rethinks.  Either make it work for most people who qualify, or drop it. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

In all the time I've been reading the Azamara forum here, the number of people who actually got a worthwhile benefit from their free loyalty nights has been very small.  Basically it only works if you have earned 6 or more free nights, and even then you may have to take an itinerary that you wouldn't have chosen otherwise.  [We didn't even qualify when we reached Discoverer Plus, because although >50% of our 750 qualifying points had come from Azamara, the majority of nights and cruises were on Celebrity.]  I'm not counting on being able to use the 3 nights if we ever reach 1,500 points. IMHO this should be the first part of the loyalty program that Azamara rethinks.  Either make it work for most people who qualify, or drop it. 

It does.work using 3 nights on a 7 night cruise. I have used this twice, basically halving the price of the cruise. It works best for suite categories which have less promotions applied. I have been told by loyalty manager onboard onward that the free nights will continue. There are no plans to change this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We were able to use the 6 free nights next July on a 7 night cruise.  Booked on board combing with another 7 night cruise to do a b2b.   Not easy because the loyalty person was new.   Price was not confirmed until we got back.  Loyalty person screwed up the deposits, so almost had different cabins.

• Like 1

We've cruised and travelled a great deal so I'm used to promotions and reading fine print, etc.  I am completely baffled by the free nights promotion.  When I look at a cruise on the Azamara site, am I being shown the price before or after the free nights promotion.  My logic would say for a 10 night cruise, deduct 30% for three free nights...but I have no clue if that's correct or if the price shown includes that calculation.

Really hard to price free nights.  You need to make a spreadsheet to do comparisons.

we would normally pay about $1,000.00 per night for a cc suite, after discounts.  Sometimes better.

when using free nights, you pay full price for the cruise.  On our recent redemption, using 6 free nights, for a 7 night cruise we paid about $1,650.00 for the one paid night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We've cruised and travelled a great deal so I'm used to promotions and reading fine print, etc.  I am completely baffled by the free nights promotion.  When I look at a cruise on the Azamara site, am I being shown the price before or after the free nights promotion.  My logic would say for a 10 night cruise, deduct 30% for three free nights...but I have no clue if that's correct or if the price shown includes that calculation.

Unfortunately you are looking at prices with promotions and other factors like taxes - if only it was as simple as being 30% etc. It’s not and you get many instances where applying the free nights makes the cruise more expensive than not using them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ghstudio said:

You are talking about the free nights promotion rather than the Azamara Circle loyalty free nights earned for moving a loyalty category that this thread is about?  They do seem to be different animals and I'm not sure how they are worked out and how one can attach a monetary value to them. It's all very confusing. The way I work with the plethora of deals (some of which are and some of which aren't) is to look at the bottom line price and from previous experience work out if it's a good deal for the itinerary and cruise length. Having due regard of course that prices go up over time. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3