biggest cabin for the price

smallShipzLuv

I suggest you go on line and check out various levels of cabins for various ships. The usually show the square footage for each cabin;  but the price for a particular cabin on one sailing may be very different from what is charged for the same cabins on another sailing.  Season, itinerary and demand all figure in;  so there is no practical answer to your question, other than “it depends”.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smallShipzLuv said:

Is there any data here or any other site on the ships/lines that have the biggest cabin for the price?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

As @navybankerteacher said, there wouldn't be a fixed answer due to variations in price between sailings on the same ship, etc.

However there ARE answers about larger cabins within the same category on a particular class of ships, such as the larger Inside cabins on the Holland America Signature Class ships (just for example). The cruiseline may figure out a way to charge more for them, such as by assigning them a more desirable sub-category!

Short  answer:no. There are hundreds to thousands of cabins of a dozen or more categories on each ship. Multiply by the  number of different classes of ships in any given line. Then calculate this for every single line. Then factor in the price variability for every different sailing of every different ship.

2 hours ago, smallShipzLuv said:

I was looking for averages to decide which cruise line to focus on.

If you are new to cruising you may be putting too much importance on the size of the cabin.  I think most would agree that the size of the cabin is one of the less important factors in choosing a cruise line.  Food, onboard activities, ports, entertainment, etc. are more important for most folks.

Having said that, in very limited cases size can be relevant, even a deal breaker.  I just encountered that when I was looking at Azamara.  I really really liked almost every aspect of one of their cruises.  Unfortunately I am a pretty big guy and some YouTube videos made it clear to me that the size of the shower was completely untenable for me.  I'm still trying to get info on access to the showers at the gym, but have heard contradictory things.  But the size of the cabin, though relatively small, was fine.

• Like 2

On mass market cruise ships, I haven't seen enough difference in cabin size to justify using that as a deciding factor in a what cruise to book. itinerary, food, entertainment, and public areas are where you see the differences. 

You are probably talking about the difference between 230-250 sq ft for a balcony. 

Edited by sanger727

On 8/13/2023 at 5:07 PM, smallShipzLuv said:

I was looking for averages to decide which cruise line to focus on.

May I suggest you (1) Determine which lines sail from your home-port or ports. Where you would like to sail from. If you don't mind flying to a departure port, you can ignore this step, but flying is a major impediment for many people, especially after the pandemic. Both in cost, unreliability (having to fly multiple days ahead of time and pay for lodging for those days, for example), and discomfort in the planes themselves.

(2) look at the websites and "dummy book" some comparable cruises on different lines. and

(3) come back here and browse/read the day's posts on those cruiselines' "boards" here on Cruise Critic. You may find that one board is very helpful, another all about saving money, another about the biggest party scene. Just guessing! 

• Like 1