CBD OIL (not THC)

sydney dog

Does anyone if you are allowed to bring on CBD oil/tincture on the ship.  It is a 1oz. bottle and contains less than 0.3% THC in it and you DO NOT smoke it you put it under your tongue.  Just didn't want to "sniffed" by the dogs!!!

Thanks

A quick perusal of the Carnival FAQ's brings up....

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana. While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the US, they are not legal in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items.
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw a YouTube video on the La Lido Loca channel with a news item when a woman had CBD gummy bears detected.  The strange, some might say over the top, result was that unlike other prohibited items that simply get confiscated, they ended up denying her from boarding.  I don't generally come to the Carnival board, but I came today to see if anyone here had any details about this.

The address of the video is:  Link to video

• Like 7

If you try to board with a illegal drug why is anyone surprised they were denied boarding. At least they werent arrested. Small favor. 

Until the usa says you can have it with a prescription it's not legal. .. I mean the whole usa, not certain states. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't matter if the whole USA made it legal. 

"While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the US, they are not legal in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I just saw a YouTube video on the La Lido Loca channel with a news item when a woman had CBD gummy bears detected.  The strange, some might say over the top, result was that unlike other prohibited items that simply get confiscated, they ended up denying her from boarding.  I don't generally come to the Carnival board, but I came today to see if anyone here had any details about this.

The address of the video is:  Link to video

She was violating laws as opposed to cruise line policy. They can't take the chance of taking her to a foreign port with additional drugs in her bag that they didn't catch. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Can the dogs even detect CBD if it doesn't have THC?  Must have been a very large amount.  

Did they actually have zero THC?  To be legal, hemp CBD products only have to have 0.3% or less, and since there is no regulatory body checking this stuff, the manufacturer can say the THC is zero, when it truly isn't, and is detectable by a dog.  Hemp CBD products have shown up as THC positives on DOT/USCG drug screenings.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wrightkj said:

I saw that too and was surprised at the outcome. It just seemed like some "fake news." I tried looking for other information but haven't found any.

I'm thinking this is "fake news" as well. Like everything else prohibited in the cruise policy that cruisers try to bring on, just confiscate and send them on their way. If you try to embark even with legal THC weed, they just confiscate it and allow you to board.

IMO, fake news or a port-employee trying to show off.

TBH through, lately on Carnival, I'd rather have a ship full of people on CBD instead of trying to reach the Cheers! limit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dallasdan said:

Can the dogs even detect CBD if it doesn't have THC?  Must have been a very large amount.  

Makes you question how the drug dogs could catch CBD gummies with <0.3% THC, but can't seem to catch any of the straight weed that is brought on every cruise... 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, ElCrapyTan said:

What laws were they violating?

Since Panama only allows CBD products with a prescription, they would be violating the laws of the flag state, which are the laws that have jurisdiction, at all times on the ship.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, ElCrapyTan said:

I can't violate the laws of Virginia before I enter Virginia. I'm having a alcoholic drink right now. Can Saudi Arabia police come and arrest me?

But, as I say, bringing it onto the ship is the same as bringing it into Panama, so you would be violating Panamanian law by trying to bring it into the "country".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Since Panama only allows CBD products with a prescription, they would be violating the laws of the flag state, which are the laws that have jurisdiction, at all times on the ship.

Thanks - I always seem to forget when trying to debate that the ships are flagged elsewhere ☺️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsADryHumor said:

CBD can be purchased for a myriad of reasons, and that level of THC doesn’t give you a “mind freak.” OP may use it for sleep, to reduce inflammation, etc. 

Since the ingredients are not tested by the FDA, you don't know what is in it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ElCrapyTan said:

Makes you question how the drug dogs could catch CBD gummies with <0.3% THC, but can't seem to catch any of the straight weed that is brought on every cruise... 😕

The dogs are a newer addition.  It will be interesting to see if this really does reduce the amount of ganja that seems to be present on a ship.