Removal of E+perk

GIGGLER

We're E+ but didn't have coffee on embarkation day on Silhouette in May. However - we did hang around in CeB until 9:30 on disembarkation day and were charged for our coffees. I was surprised but guessing the perk isn't available on embarkation and disembarkation day?

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No it’s not

Why not? Celebrity is two hour cocktail hour for Elite but not first day.  Royal perk is four drinks or coffees a day for Diamond.  Elite Plus perk is free specialty coffees all day.  Original post said they were Elite not Elite Plus.  

Edited by basenji56
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

We're E+ but didn't have coffee on embarkation day on Silhouette in May. However - we did hang around in CeB until 9:30 on disembarkation day and were charged for our coffees. I was surprised but guessing the perk isn't available on embarkation and disembarkation day?

Amazed.

Our routine on boarding is to go straight to Al Bacio for our first free latte and tea.

On disembarkation day we choose to wait in Al Bacio and again enjoy the free lattes.

If this is really a change and not a "blip" I am staggered that it has not set the boards alight.

• Like 1

On Summit in May I received my elite + free latte on embarkation day at Cafe el Bachio. On Reflection last year I was required to pay for the latte on embarkation day. I'll see what happens on Silhouette in Nov.  Not a huge deal in any case.

If this is true, why?  Removing free coffee for a few E+ on just one day maybe starting at 11:30 AM boarding does not save any money of any significance.  Truly a nickel and dime move to cause resentment among the higher tier cruisers.  But apparently on the same day al Bacio offers free champagne?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Why not? Celebrity is two hour cocktail hour for Elite but not first day.  Royal perk is four drinks or coffees a day for Diamond.  Elite Plus perk is free specialty coffees all day.  Original post said they were Elite not Elite Plus.  

The difference is the CaptIns Club list of perks says, and always has, no cocktail hour benefit on embarkation day.

The Elite + free latte’s, cappuccino, tea and espresso have no time exclusion listed. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The difference is the CaptIns Club list of perks says, and always has, no cocktail hour benefit on embarkation day.

The Elite + free latte’s, cappuccino, tea and espresso have no time exclusion listed. 

Correct. 

13 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Title of the thread says that they are elite plus and also in post 28 it says elite plus.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

See post 14

Thanks.  Also post #1 states their sailing is already over (lol).  Well, if anyone reaches out to the Exec offices, be sure to "double down" on embarkation day by mentioning that the Elite HH could be extended to include embarkation day

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks.  Also post #1 states their sailing is already over (lol).  Well, if anyone reaches out to the Exec offices, be sure to "double down" on embarkation day by mentioning that the Elite HH could be extended to include embarkation day

I have sent an email to the Chief Execs office asking for confirmation that there has been no change to the benefit. Will post their response as soon as it’s received.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I have sent an email to the Chief Execs office asking for confirmation that there has been no change to the benefit. Will post their response as soon as it’s received.

If you hear back from them it would be much appreciated if you voice some displeasure for the SPINY tail lobster X serves compared to Carnivals and RCI's superior MAINE lobster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you hear back from them it would be much appreciated if you voice some displeasure for the SPINY tail lobster X serves compared to Carnivals and RCI's superior MAINE lobster

Sorry, while your displeasure might be valid it is not the topic of this thread.

Please feel free to email X directly, I send messages to: executiveoffice@celebrity.com and have always had a response.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1