Diamond lounge and drinks

jvz

4 minutes ago, jvz said:

Now that 4 drink vouchers are on the sea pass card daily, do people still go to the diamond lounge?  Are there still snacks before dinner?  

Yes there are snacks but you do have to use one of your vouchers in the DL if you want a drink….

6 minutes ago, jvz said:

Now that 4 drink vouchers are on the sea pass card daily, do people still go to the diamond lounge?  Are there still snacks before dinner?  

As mentioned, yes to the snacks... though they may vary in quality from ship to ship.

I haven't seen a busy DL since vouchers began but this also varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing based on other reports.

We still like to pop in there most nights just to check out the snacks but the coffee machine every morning is the bigger draw for me these days.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jvz said:

We rarely go anymore.  Even at Pinnacle, we still get the beverage package and so go to other bars on the ship.  Love the pub for pre-dinner drinks to watch the world go by or on Oasis Class, we sit at Schooners and watch the world go by.  We may go to the suite lounge once or twice the entire week.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jvz said:

Sometimes those snacks are my dinner…LOL

I was recently on 5 legs on Ovation and some legs it was packed, and a couple were light. I guess it all depends on itineraries and Diamond and above numbers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Sometimes those snacks are my dinner…LOL

We were treated to a GS on Wonder in June so it was the SL but I know what you mean.

I knew there was nothing on the dinner menu in CK one night that I was excited about but there were delicious crispy breaded shrimp in the SL... I must have had 20 while enjoying happy hour that night, lol. I'm hoping/assuming the DL on Wonder has similar snacks.

By contrast, the DL on Indy last year had one of those small portable heating dishes with 3 compartments that looked like it came from Target and the snacks were awful. At least there's always cheese and crackers.

We quite enjoy the breakfast offerings and the coffee machine in the morning but our experience since the vouchers were introduced is people do not visit the lounge in anywhere near the numbers they used to. Frankly I'm amazed that Mr Bayley was asking for ideas to reduce the crowds!

I'm probably in the minority but I liked the ritual of the lounge, the hustle and bustle, the crowds even the boisterous atmosphere at times from the groups who made the most of the 'free drinks'.

Edited by Tin can
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

We rarely go anymore.  Even at Pinnacle, we still get the beverage package and so go to other bars on the ship.  Love the pub for pre-dinner drinks to watch the world go by or on Oasis Class, we sit at Schooners and watch the world go by.  We may go to the suite lounge once or twice the entire week.  

+1

• Like 1

DL was busy to not so busy on Enchantment and Vision over the past 18 months, due in part, I'm sure, to the Concierge.  Jayson on Enchantment, and most recently Romana on Vision, were fabulous, and created an excellent atmosphere that drew good people in.  In both cases, the drink servers were wonderful, too, so it had an every day draw for us and many others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

We quite enjoy the breakfast offerings and the coffee machine in the morning but our experience since the vouchers were introduced is people do not visit the lounge in anywhere near the numbers they used to.

I'm probably in the minority but I liked the ritual of the lounge, the hustle and bustle, the crowds even the boisterous atmosphere at times from the groups who made the most of the 'free drinks'.

That's been my experience and the coffee machine has always been one of my favorite perks.

I do miss the social aspect of the old happy hour but I definitely prefer the vouchers... and I'll prefer them even more as I turn D+ after our next cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

As mentioned, yes to the snacks... though they may vary in quality from ship to ship.

I haven't seen a busy DL since vouchers began but this also varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing based on other reports.

We still like to pop in there most nights just to check out the snacks but the coffee machine every morning is the bigger draw for me these days.

Yes coffee!

• Like 1

I have been on 3 cruises since the restart, 3 different ships, and different experiences in the DLs

Symphony Aug 2021 the DL was a ghost town. I walked by it several times a day and never saw anyone, not even an employee. I don't think they put out the appetizers. It was the 2nd cruise after the restart, and the total passenger count was 1127

Liberty Feb 2022 I only went a few times during HH, it wasn't packed but there were a good about of people there. Appetizers and Petit Fours were served by the staff.

Enchantment May 2022 I went to the DL most nights, Stopped in the CL but there were not many people there... The Appetizers and Petit Fours were self-serve and were probably the best I have ever had in a lounge. I am guessing that is why it was as active as it was. Again, I only went for HH, I didn't g in the morning for coffee!! 

If the DL, SL, and CLs would bring in flavored cream options or syrups, I would go in the mornings 😛

8 hours ago, jvz said:

We go on Quantum and smaller ship with VCL

It is fun especially during saiaways … nice snacks, drink or two and ocean goes by.

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We were on Quantum and Ovation late last year. Both ships every night the DL was packed, both ships opened the doors into the Music Hall and used that area for overflow. 

We always use overflow on Anthem. Love high tables near windows 

43 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We were on the Ovation and the Wonder, and the lounge was widely used.

@deliver42 I was in a GS in June on Wonder so stuck to the SL but kept meaning to check the DL for our future non-suite cruises (we have 4 booked). I did see a picture of 2 coffee machines (love the machines).

How were the happy hour snacks? They were excellent in the SL so I was hoping they were similar in the DL. Nice spread of stuff like breaded shrimp, dumplings, mini egg rolls, mini quiche, etc.

16 hours ago, jvz said:

The same people stalk the same chairs for the same times every day, apparently allergic to any other venue onboard, and brag about the same hotel points/cruise points/airline miles that they always have. Never fear, the DL is alive and well  

• Haha 6