Hotel Prices

aml3679

My husband wanted to add an extra day before our cruise.

We and another couple are sailing on the Silhouette on November 6th out of Fort Lauderdale.

Our first night was $235 and the second a whopping $371.

The upside, they have free shuttle service to the cruise terminal.

That's how hotel pricing works. I'm assuming the higher priced night is the night before the cruise? It's a little odd in a tourist area for Sunday to be more expensive than Saturday (assuming we're all reading this right); that's typical of business hotels. But I'm not surprised. I'm guessing cruises are leaving Saturday, and you have a slightly unusual Monday departure. Demand is higher on Sunday and projected to be higher. Prices are higher.

We're going to Munich in September (yes, for Oktoberfest). The hotel rates are over €400 a night, except for the last night, the last weekend night of Oktoberfest, when they drop to €200. Yes, that's 50% less.

Dynamic pricing, business analytics, and awareness (algorithm driven and probably moving to AI driven). Just like airfare, rental cars, and cruises...

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Wouldn't this time frame in Ft Lauderdale be around the boat show?

A few years ago they changed the schedule of the boat show from including the first weekend in November to including the last weekend in October.  This year it is October 25 - 29. 

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, lola2013 said:

Which hotel?
I stay at the Hilton Gallery One on Sunrise pre-cruise.  Friday night is typically more expensive than Thursday night.

Hi just read your post we booked galleria one for our november sailing. Do you like/recommend this hotel. Anything you recommend to do?

On 8/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, capriccio said:

A few years ago they changed the schedule of the boat show from including the first weekend in November to including the last weekend in October.  This year it is October 25 - 29. 

We booked a cruise during the boat show period and it was almost impossible to get a room anywhere at any price near the port area.

24 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We booked a cruise during the boat show period and it was almost impossible to get a room anywhere at any price near the port area.

That is the norm unfortunately.  I feel sorry for those who aren't aware of the impact of the boat show on hotel prices and the additional crowds everywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 10:10 AM, Serious Cruisers said:

Hi just read your post we booked galleria one for our november sailing. Do you like/recommend this hotel. Anything you recommend to do?

Hilton Gallery One is very nice, a little further from the cruise port, a  short walk over the bridge to the beach (maybe 15 min). The mall is a block away, Bublix and amazing coffee shop with bakery  across the street. water taxi is out the back door, by the pool.

Pool is not welcoming, too small and in busy water taxi stop area. I'll recommend   Bonnet House  Museum, only 10 min walk from the hotel. Amazingly beautiful place!!  

if you plannig to stay for few days and spend time at the beach I would really reccomend The Westin Fort Lautardale beach resort. great location, private beach and a great pool

20 minutes ago, Anakonda said:

Hilton Gallery One is very nice, a little further from the cruise port, a  short walk over the bridge to the beach (maybe 15 min). The mall is a block away, Bublix and amazing coffee shop with bakery  across the street. water taxi is out the back door, by the pool.

Pool is not welcoming, too small and in busy water taxi stop area. I'll recommend   Bonnet House  Museum, only 10 min walk from the hotel. Amazingly beautiful place!!  

if you plannig to stay for few days and spend time at the beach I would really reccomend The Westin Fort Lautardale beach resort. great location, private beach and a great pool

Thanks for your response we can walk everywhere from this hotel shopping restaurants water taxi beach and pool not that important. Quick Uber to Port works for us. Thanks again for your great suggestions!

• Like 1