Booking BOGO Before Boarding?

yogimax

(Hope the alliteration was appreciated🙂)

We'll be on Oasis in a few weeks and want to take advantage of the D+ BOGO.

My question... Can we book this online before we board?  If so, do we book one or two meals?  I suppose booking two would then entail seeking a refund for the second meal.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

(Hope the alliteration was appreciated🙂)

We'll be on Oasis in a few weeks and want to take advantage of the D+ BOGO.

My question... Can we book this online before we board?  If so, do we book one or two meals?  I suppose booking two would then entail seeking a refund for the second meal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can only book once onboard. You must book and pay by night two, we have had no problem booking for later in the cruise, we had a night 6 and night 8 recently. They do charge the onboard price for the meal, not much of a discount if you find a cruise planner deal. Some have recently said you can also use the BOGO for Specialty lunches. We always book the BOGO as soon as we board.  

14 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

They do charge the onboard price for the meal, not much of a discount if you find a cruise planner deal. 

Ah, that's the point.  Would save $7 at Chops, for example.

This came up in a FB group and several people posted they had indeed tried this in the past and when they boarded the ship they wouldn't allow the BOGO coupon to be applied to the lesser price booked online. If they wanted to use the offer they had to get refunded for the meal then recharged at onboard pricing. 

Every single cruise that I have been on since becoming D+, I have bought one online beforehand and then advised onboard, 2 will be dining using my BOGO.   I have never ever had any refund and been made to pay the full onboard price. I get a zero $ slip to sign. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Every single cruise that I have been on since becoming D+, I have bought one online beforehand and then advised onboard, 2 will be dining using my BOGO.   I have never ever had any refund and been made to pay the full onboard price. I get a zero $ slip to sign. 

+1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Have done this on every cruise since the BOGO became available (30+ cruises)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking for this exact topic. Several cruises ago, just one of us booked specialty dining and then used the BOGO (before the cruise pause).  Specialty restaurants still allowing to book this way?