Upcoming CC Seminar

thebutlerdidit

1 hour ago, Joker54 said:

Im thinking that with only one question to be asked, mine would be "all of the recent cutbacks and changes to Celebrity seem designed to boost revenue and make Celebrity more like RCC, if that is the case why not let the Celebrity executive go and merge the lines and save more money and get the nickel and diming over with!"

Of course that would never get mentioned and would only make me feel better for a few seconds after submitting it:)

I've also been thinking it would be more cost effective to combine the shoreside and consolidate the back office operations.

To me I guess it would be interesting to hear her description of the Celebrity brand and how it is differentiated from RCL and other mainline cruiselines.   Of course it would be more honest to hear her off the cuff response to a question like this but all answers on this webinar will be well crafted PR/marketing reviewed responses, not worth my time to watch.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Unfortunately you only get to submit one question. Tough to decide which one to ask, with all the recent food and service downgrades, but I’ll probably go with the one she can’t legitimately defend because it is a health concern for all guest and employees …..Vaping

I asked several questions.  I just kept going back to email and clicking the link.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I asked several questions.  I just kept going back to email and clicking the link.  

Great! Good to know, as I assumed since email was sent to me with my Celebrity membership number it wouldn’t accept more than one. I will definitely send more questions. Thanks! 

I just asked "what are some upcoming changes we can expect, the good and the bad?  Changes can be anything, the food, captain club, etc".  I give my question a .01% of being address.  My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is they'll take one soft-ball question anti-Celebrity question or reveal one minor detail just to say it was PURE propaganda yet it will be

There will be a huge focus on "how excited" everyone at X is about going to CocoCay, the change in itineraries due to the ship swap, etc. I can only hope they don't try to pull the "oh, and one more thing, we're going to reveal the 5th E-Class ship's name"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hcat said:

What is her educational/professional background & work experience?

https://www.royalcaribbeangroup.com/bio/laura-hodges-bethge/

She assumed the role on May 1, 2023, ascending from executive vice president of shared services operations, responsible for Royal Caribbean Group’s safety, security and environment, risk management and crew movement teams. Her portfolio also included the leadership of supply chain, travel services, port services, workplace solutions and real estate. 

Prior to that, Hodges Bethge was senior vice president of product development for Royal Caribbean International and led the teams conceptualizing the largest global cruise line’s groundbreaking ships, private island destinations, and new experiences introduced throughout the award-winning fleet, including the first island in Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day Island Collection – Perfect Day at CocoCay. She also spearheaded the modernization of 10 ships in four years as part of the Royal Amplified program – an investment of more than $1 billion; and the design and construction of six new ships, including Spectrum of the Seas and Odyssey of the Seas. 

Hodges Bethge’s long history with Royal Caribbean Group began in 2000 leading the fleet accessibility program for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, and she has since held several leadership roles within various areas of the business, including hotel and marine operations, sales, marketing, product innovation and investor relations. She was also based in Shanghai as vice president of market development where she oversaw commercial operations for this strategic market. 

A Florida native, Hodges Bethge is active in her community and serves on the board of Easterseals, a nonprofit dedicated to enriching the lives of people and families with disabilities. She also supports efforts aiding the Police Officer Assistance Trust (POAT), a nonprofit organization that assists officers and their families in times of need.

Hodges Bethge holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology, and an MBA in international business and finance, from Florida International University. 

She lives in Miami with her husband. 

• Thanks 3

I won't, but I'd like to ask something like:

Celebrity has previously partnered with Park West, Goop, and others. Is the addition of indoor vaping an idicator that Celebrity will soon announce a partnership with Juul or Phillip Morris?

Or:

Based on changes such as shortening itineraries, adding Coco Cay, and watering-down the Captain's Club benefits, there is much speculation that Celebrity wishes to push aside older passengers in favor of younger ones. Is the decision to allow indoor vaping an effort to make sure that these younger passengers don't live long enough to make it to the Elite level and higher?

• Like 2
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I won't, but I'd like to ask something like:

Celebrity has previously partnered with Park West, Goop, and others. Is the addition of indoor vaping an idicator that Celebrity will soon announce a partnership with Juul or Phillip Morris?

Or:

Is the decision to allow indoor vaping an effort to make sure that these younger passengers don't live long enough to make it to the Elite level and higher?

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

https://www.royalcaribbeangroup.com/bio/laura-hodges-bethge/

She assumed the role on May 1, 2023, ascending from executive vice president of shared services operations, responsible for Royal Caribbean Group’s safety, security and environment, risk management and crew movement teams. Her portfolio also included the leadership of supply chain, travel services, port services, workplace solutions and real estate. 

Prior to that, Hodges Bethge was senior vice president of product development for Royal Caribbean International and led the teams conceptualizing the largest global cruise line’s groundbreaking ships, private island destinations, and new experiences introduced throughout the award-winning fleet, including the first island in Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day Island Collection – Perfect Day at CocoCay. She also spearheaded the modernization of 10 ships in four years as part of the Royal Amplified program – an investment of more than $1 billion; and the design and construction of six new ships, including Spectrum of the Seas and Odyssey of the Seas. 

Hodges Bethge’s long history with Royal Caribbean Group began in 2000 leading the fleet accessibility program for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, and she has since held several leadership roles within various areas of the business, including hotel and marine operations, sales, marketing, product innovation and investor relations. She was also based in Shanghai as vice president of market development where she oversaw commercial operations for this strategic market. 

A Florida native, Hodges Bethge is active in her community and serves on the board of Easterseals, a nonprofit dedicated to enriching the lives of people and families with disabilities. She also supports efforts aiding the Police Officer Assistance Trust (POAT), a nonprofit organization that assists officers and their families in times of need.

Hodges Bethge holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology, and an MBA in international business and finance, from Florida International University. 

She lives in Miami with her husband. 

thanks.. impressive but not a Celebrity  person in general..  Bet the X ships will be Royal ships in short order!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Is the decision to allow indoor vaping an effort to make sure that these younger passengers don't live long enough to make it to the Elite level and higher?

Ok, I was drinking tea while reading this and my tea came out my nose! 🤪😱😜

Edited by CaroleSS
  • Haha 3

On 8/17/2023 at 10:47 PM, the penguins said:

Have already submitted my question "why are you even considering allowing Vaping inside any ship when it goes against all medical advice?

My question was “How can you even think of allowing vaping in any part of the ship other than designated outside smoking areas. Furthermore why are you putting guests health at risk “

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swigso said:

My question was “How can you even think of allowing vaping in any part of the ship other than designated outside smoking areas. Furthermore why are you putting guests health at risk “

Great, if enough people raise the same issue they will be forced to confront it - the same pressure persuaded X to drop the compolsary AI for all cabins below Aqua.

If any one else is thinking of asking a similar question please include a reference to Crews health as well as that of passengers. 

I knew there would be a thread here when I saw my email. 

My questions 

1. vaping 

2. Paying more for receiving less eg suites and butlers

3. The dreadful IV going forward on any new ships to have choice for customers. 

I think I’ll probably submit vaping as it’s a medical issue. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jking325y said:

I submitted the same question! 

I submitted the same question. However, you're then given a choice as to what areas you'd like discussed: itineraries, onboard activities etc. All the ares of interest listed are simply a way for the upcoming CC Seminar to simply be turned into a PR talk, with little substance!