The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 20th, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Honey Bee Awareness Day, National Radio Day, and World Mosquito Day

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
Drink of the Day - Cruzan Peach Sangria
Wine of the Day - Tait - the Ball Buster Barossa Valley Red Blend 2018
Destination of the Day - Kralendijk, Bonaire Island, Dutch Antilles

Today in History:
1741 Alaska first sighted by Danish explorer Vitus Bering at head of Russian expedition

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea destination Juneau, Alaska eta 21 Aug

Koningsdam

at sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska eta 21 Aug

Nieuw Amsterdam

Whittier, Alaska d2000

Nieuw Statendam

Inverness, Scotland 0900-1800

Noordam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Oosterdam

Split, Croatia 1000-2300

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Oslo, Norway eta 21 Aug

Volendam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington d1500

Zaandam

At Sea destination Halifax, Nova Scotia eta 21 Aug

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination St Anthony, Newfoundland eta 21 Aug

0820World.thumb.png.f3b18d0f6e89ad61c67b9ee1d17b8004.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 14

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

Smitty34877’s DH Lou struggling with eating

Those in the path of Hurricane Hilary and wildfires

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina town gone

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, especially Yellowknife, Kelowna and WA state

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Aliaschief’s BIL nearing end of life

Tana’s pulmonary issues

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Lobsternight’s great nephew with bike crash, multiple fractures, surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Baby Murphy progressing, hoping to wean ventilator this weekend

DeniseT best of luck tomorrow for your oral defense of your dissertation proposal

RMLincoln settling plans for their future living situation

USN59-79 with a good report from the Oncologist

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for HAL4NOW (Zaandam Aug 23 to Sept 13, B2B)

7 days for Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse Aug 27 to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday

Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23), StLouisCruisers (Zaandam to Aug 23), NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25) and Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 26)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 19

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days.  I’m happy to celebrate bees and all the good thing do but mosquitos?  I can do without them, thanks.  I like the Adams quote but not sure I always agree with where you “need” to be.

IMG_3497.jpeg.bdca16d796601532aafc335a0448851a.jpeg

Yum on shrimp.  Looking forward to @0106 Tina’s description and the drink sounds intriguing so another recipe to anticipate from Dixie @summer slope.  Enjoyed Kralendijk in Bonaire - a very different atmosphere in the Caribbean 😊

IMG_3503.jpeg.4c22fd09586a81b2c2da293fe66cdcd4.jpeg

Ivan had a great visit yesterday.  I took 3 toys he hasn’t seen as well as his identical water bowl for him and he had a blast playing fetch. They will stay there for our visits.   My friend lives in a split level with stairs (not a lot but)  - but she has treads on them and there are not many.  So we took Ivan through the house and he did the stairs 👍. So far, no ill effects 👍. She has a huge fenced in area which he discovered and a gate on her deck so that he could be there with us.  We all had a nice visit.  

IMG_3454.thumb.jpeg.466de743b2db1a4921b4d4179a943979.jpeg

Raining here again.  This is starting to get a bit ridiculous.  Why is the coast that doesn’t need it get it and the coast that needs it desperately, doesn’t?

IMG_3428.jpeg.bbcfde70081e31fe232043f591a2656d.jpeg

Thinking of those in the path of Hilary and hoping and praying everyone can stay safe 🙏   Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues and worries and those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_0606.jpeg.9e882e32891ac0540143cfb6cafc214d.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Good morning friends!  Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Your map shows me exactly where Zaandam is this morning.  It's another foggy morning and you can hear the foghorn sounding regularly.  I hope the weather tomorrow is nice in Halifax.  Weather app says it will be 73 and cloudy but maybe we can coax the sun out. 

Yesterday wasn't a great day for me.  We went out in the damp to ride the bus to town in St. Pierre & Miquelon.  We stayed only a short time and headed back to the ship.  At lunch time we went to the Lido for a bite to eat, but I didn't feel like eating much.  At 2 pm I went to the shore excursion person checking in our excursion and told her I didn't feel up to going on a tour.  The wind was blowing about 20 to 25 mph and it was raining on and off.  So we skipped that.  Then at dinner time I got dressed and then told DH I didn't want to go eat at Caneletto.  He said I agree with that 100% so we cancelled our dinner plans too.  He went to the Sports Bar for a martini and then to Lido for an interesting meal.  I believe it was Indonesian.  I didn't eat dinner.  I put a card out for breakfast by room service this morning in case I still didn't have the get up and go to head out for breakfast but I feel so much better this morning.  I still ate the room service meal.  The milk was barely cool and the OJ tastes watery but I am still grateful for their service.😉

I will celebrate honey bees and radios but I refuse to acknowledge any benefit to mosquitoes!  The food drink and wine sound perfectly fine but I will pass on all of them.  Wow, what an amazing sight Alaska must have been in 1741 to the explorers who first found it.  Thanks to Tina, Dixie, and Ann for their reports today.  Also I want to say prayers for our Care list and hope for more good news on that front.  Be safe out there in California!  Three cheers for the Celebration list folks and thank you Vanessa for your work keeping the lists updated.

Well the FC Dallas team seems to have no get up and go either because they lost 3 to 2.  DS says the nearly 8000 feet elevation is no joke and that Ren complained of his head hurting.  But his Dad says he's playing well and hopes he will be moving up in the ranks playing with better players as time goes on.  Some of the '06 players are not real team players and passing to other teammates to make a goal does not seem to be their first priority.  We are thinking Ren is going to have to start taking a shot each time he has the ball because they don't pass to him that much, and don't seem to be able to anticipate when Ren is going to pass to them.  Anyway, DS sent a clip of Ren being interviewed by sports reporters and he sounded great and very knowledgeable.  He's all grown up at 16! ❤️ One of the Dallas team members was taken off the field with a concussion protocol after he and another player hit head to head.  Prayers that boy is doing okay today!

Kralendijk, Bonaire is a wonderful port of call to visit!  We have enjoyed sharing photos here for Kralendijk 3 times before - July 17, 2021, Nov. 8, 2022, and April 18, 2023.  Here are the links to today's port and my photos below them.

We were in Kralendijk the first time in 2006 on Crown Princess.  Our daughter had had a difficult year having just gone through a divorce and having three youngsters, so DH and I took her on her first cruise.  It began in San Juan and was a Southern Caribbean cruise.  Our second time there was on Westerdam in 2016 and we went drift snorkeling for the first time.  

From our second trip as we loaded onto the catamaran for our drift snorkeling excursion (private CC tour).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlxJ9ivgyJrpM4uPaWeE96?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We headed to Klein Bonaire to this area to begin snorkeling.  The current was strong and it wasn't easy to stay with our guide, so quite of lot of energy expended that day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqkyZnGYqlARCNQNY7972i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKaWiZBZYpic6tVIAtWJXI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMYrBypNkcEM7DJYefnoir?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We did this tour on a lark and didn't even have an underwater camera, but I can assure you we saw some amazing sights.  The fish, the coral and underwater plants, and even the huge sea turtles.  Loved it!

After the snorkeling we walked through the town and checked out the people selling their hand made items like jewelry.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI61AlOa-8gKgWmytBZUapV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgt3P4RIll4DWKWrSoRI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It's a great stop on a Caribbean cruise.

A couple photos from our 2006 Bonaire visit with DD.  It seems we were enjoying ourselves so much we took more photos of the three of us than photos of the islands visited.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos taken that trip.

View from the ship of the lovely water and colorful town of Kralendijk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIW9oT1Dfyu30XofcT3ak2t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DD and myself00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqdNog7owPzqsenAvShMpN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DH says the towel animals are on parade in the pool deck area so we are going up there to take photos.  It will give the room steward time to do our room.  Bye!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  I’ll happily celebrate honey bees but not mosquitos.  I love listening to the radio, it frees me up to do other things while listening.  Not quite sure what to make of today’s quote.  The meal and drink suggestions sound good to me.  I have been to today’s port several times and really enjoy the snorkeling there.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those that are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 24

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's going to be a hot one today, quite a change from the other day.

Like others, I celebrate bees and the radio but not mosquitoes.  

I like the quote, Douglas Adams was a marvelous author and environmentalist.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the meal and the drink, thanks in advance for recipes.  I hope the wine is good too.

I've never been to Bonaire, thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 29

Happy to celebrate honey bees! I hope they are making a comeback. Not mosquitos!  

Interesting quote, I’ll have to think it over when I wake up some more. 

Tuscan Shrimp sounds great. I have some shrimp in the freezer and could use some inspiration. 

Love Bonaire. It’s not often in itineraries. I’ve had some great snorkeling there. First time there was on Celebrity Constellation, a 14-night cruise we added to a 7-nighter we were invited to share with a family member. 7-nighter was too short for a trip out from NM. It was our first Celebrity cruise and the CC roll call was active and helpful. One couple on  the roll call had a Penthouse Suite and invited all the roll call to a party for Bonaire sail-away. I arrived from shower post-snorkeling dripping wet but it was only chance at seeing such a suite!  It the deep verandah wrapped around the aft from one side to mid-line, had outdoor and indoor jacuzzis, a grand piano, the bathroom was bigger than our inside cabin!  Great fun!  

Blessings to all in need. Prayers for protection for all in harm’s way!  Extra love to @Denise T, Lou, @Nicklepenny with her travel decision, and all those in pain or anguish! Thanks to all for being here!  Thank you Graham for the link!  

Cheers 🎉 to those celebrating and cruising, safe travels!  May everyone stay well and safe. 
Maureen 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning,

I am at the airport waiting to board the plane for my spa retreat. I will be unplugged for the most part. There are only certain areas besides your room you can use your phone. I am looking forward to the journey. 

No new news on Murphy. Hopefully that means things are going well. I like todays quote. It seems to fit my life. 

I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great week. 

• Like 34

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich. Lovely morning, but the humidity is already building. Bindi and I saw lots of critters on this morning’s walk. 

Vanessa, thank you. I can no longer think of a new way to express how much I appreciate you keeping our lists - so Thank You will have to do. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores & maybe some pool time. Yesterday’s wine tasting was so much fun! Some decent wines, raffles, nice cheeses & meats and great friends. Perfect. 

IMG_1648.jpeg.da8ca2258b3f4422035921a858f92397.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg.60ec5a5fc0c10888b067de3c263ddb4a.jpeg

Things that make you go “Hmmmm”!🤔

IMG_1649.jpeg.bc80bd6aa64758a515f45504ae12fa34.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to those who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Tait - the Ball Buster Barossa Valley Red Blend 2018

Well this Australian Shiraz red blend certainly has an easy to remember name. 😎  I would love a taste, but it might be a bit too intense for me. Lots of consumer fans, and available from a decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $15.99.

Winemaker Notes

The 2018 Tait The Ball Buster is a deep black purple color. Intense aromas of blackcurrant, stewed plums, cherry, and chocolate. Full bodied berry palate with a sweet long lasting finish.

V91 Vinous

Opaque ruby. Smoke-accented aromas of ripe dark berries, pungent flowers and vanilla, along with a hint of white pepper that adds spicy lift. Concentrated, expansive cherry liqueur, blackberry and fruitcake flavors become more energetic as the wine opens up. Round, well-knit tannins frame the appealingly sweet finish, which hangs on with impressive, dark fruit-dominated persistence.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 7

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, Ann, and Graham for today's reports.  I love radio prefer to celebrate bees from a distance, and have no use for mosquitoes.  I've been to Bonaire twice, I think Maasdam in 2015 and Koningsdam in 2017.  I'm pleased that Russia eventually decided to sell off Alaska.  I tend to like the Adams quote but will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto and Grilled Lamb Chops with Oregano and Apple Chuney as served on MS Statendam August 20, 2014.

A crazy morning today.  I mentioned a while ago that I was thinking about a medical alert device.  I ordered it last week.  I got a call EARLY this morning but it was from a number I didn't recognize it and ignored it.  I googled the number and got several responses and thought it might be associated with the device and then almost immediately thereafter got a call from my pastor checking on my welfare and thinking I had fallen.  Apparently the device is in shipping and was dropped somewhere at a FEDEX facility.  I think I will get it tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

Tuscan food is based on the idea of poor cooking. This means simple meals that are inexpensive and could easily be made in large amounts. It is not elaborate or complicated and uses high quality ingredients and natural flavors. Lots of garlic and herbs and spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. This Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp is just that.  Simple, fresh, full of flavor and can feed a lot. It is easy to double and feed any more as well.

Easy Creamy Tuscan Shrimp  is made with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil is rich, decadent, and ready in about 15 minutes.  

Viwp95xwYVJNJVDaWjTLZoKMW_6m-evEYj3_FDf2

Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp is a very similar recipe but parmesan is added to the sauce.  I’m a believer that cheese makes everything taste better.

Ch5fHI-FwOqGIAG97wP2MPr5y32JHZM_43X20O_y

Low carb Creamy Tuscan Shrimp  This recipe says Keto Friendly.  It is very similar to the other recipes except it suggested using cherry tomatoes instead of sundried ones.  

r937Tltwrg0LAd7lHRKxrDLhVw_TX_grN2U86aVu

All of these sauces look delicious to me.  If you don't like shrimp , I bet it would taste good with chicken too

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good

• Like 22
  • Thanks 13

It’s lightly raining, not sure when it started. And a light breeze. 

48 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I am at the airport waiting to board the plane for my spa retreat. I will be unplugged for the most part. There are only certain areas besides your room you can use your phone. I am looking forward to the journey. 

No new news on Murphy. Hopefully that means things are going well. I like todays quote. It seems to fit my life. 

I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great week. 

Enjoy your spa retreat! 🙂 

41 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

A crazy morning today.  I mentioned a while ago that I was thinking about a medical alert device.  I ordered it last week.  I got a call EARLY this morning but it was from a number I didn't recognize it and ignored it.  I googled the number and got several responses and thought it might be associated with the device and then almost immediately thereafter got a call from my pastor checking on my welfare and thinking I had fallen.  Apparently the device is in shipping and was dropped somewhere at a FEDEX facility.  I think I will get it tomorrow.

At least you know it works. 😉  

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 28

Good morning, no honeybees here in the woods.  One year I had them being pests on my hummingbird feeders and stinging me when I deadheaded my Dahlias.  I work in a garden filled with bumblebees and have never been stung.  I found out it was probably an escaped colony and they would be gone the following year because they can't survive the -35 degree winters.  Good riddance.  I wish the mosquitoes would freeze in the winter but they don't, this year was bad but had much worse.  John enjoys our local radio station here at the cabin. They have a show called "Telephone Time" a 3 hour call in show where people try to peddle all kinds of stuff. It is always funny.   A good quote.  We have been to Bonaire twice and will probably be there 2 times next winter.   I will pass on the cocktail and the red wine but Tuscan shrimp recipes look like winners.  Good ones for when we get back home next month.  Thanks for all of these every morning and for our daily fleet reports. 

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports @JazzyV.  It is a lot of work to capture all the details of the group's illnesses and happy moments. Prayers for all in Hilary's path, fire victims in Maui and the people of Ukraine.  

I got a lot done yesterday and today has a better AQ report so I hope to get a lot done.  Our neighbors leave this morning and almost everyone on our side of the lake will be here for Labor Day.  

@StLouisCruisers I hope you are still doing better all day today and thank you for the update on Ren's competitions in Mexico City.  

I doubt I have any good photos of Bonaire, we just walk around.  Have a good day.  Nancy 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. It is warm and humid already here. The recipes all look so tasty, thank you Tina @0106. I think we will try the second one with the cheese and I will have satisfied customers tonight at the dinner table. I have shrimp in the freezer for a change as there was a big sale last week at our local market. DD went to a Farmers market yesterday and got me some beautiful tomatoes that I will use in a salad for dinner. Tomatoes in August are always a treat.

I have always enjoyed the radio and bees from afar. Mosquitoes not so much.We have not been to Bonaire but it looks like a beautiful place. 

I worked at a large hospital with a diverse staff and we would have the radio on for background music. I stressed to the staff that I would listen to anything as long as the patients in the PT department chose the music. Some patients were fond of oldies music, others liked the Spanish stations and a few wanted classical. My rock and roll favorites would occasionally get a chance to be heard as well. We would occasionally break into song with the patients when a popular song was played. I remember one therapist using a salsa beat to count repetitions for exercises. I guess one would have to have an iPod or computer hooked up now as all of those varied radio stations disappeared from the NY dial a long time ago.

@kazu , I am so glad the visit with your friend and Ivan went well. He is such a sweet dog.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I hope your stomach is happier by now. It is no fun to have that happen while cruising. I enjoyed your pictures today, especially the one with your DD. 
Take care everyone, especially those in the path of the storm in California and those in the Canadian wildfire areas.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, Ann, and Graham for today's reports.  I love radio prefer to celebrate bees from a distance, and have no use for mosquitoes.  I've been to Bonaire twice, I think Maasdam in 2015 and Koningsdam in 2017.  I'm pleased that Russia eventually decided to sell off Alaska.  I tend to like the Adams quote but will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto and Grilled Lamb Chops with Oregano and Apple Chuney as served on MS Statendam August 20, 2014.

Roy

Roy, at least you know the device works well, when it goes off before you even get it.  

• Like 12
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Your map shows me exactly where Zaandam is this morning.  It's another foggy morning and you can hear the foghorn sounding regularly.  I hope the weather tomorrow is nice in Halifax.  Weather app says it will be 73 and cloudy but maybe we can coax the sun out. 

Yesterday wasn't a great day for me.  We went out in the damp to ride the bus to town in St. Pierre & Miquelon.  We stayed only a short time and headed back to the ship.  At lunch time we went to the Lido for a bite to eat, but I didn't feel like eating much.  At 2 pm I went to the shore excursion person checking in our excursion and told her I didn't feel up to going on a tour.  The wind was blowing about 20 to 25 mph and it was raining on and off.  So we skipped that.  Then at dinner time I got dressed and then told DH I didn't want to go eat at Caneletto.  He said I agree with that 100% so we cancelled our dinner plans too.  He went to the Sports Bar for a martini and then to Lido for an interesting meal.  I believe it was Indonesian.  I didn't eat dinner.  I put a card out for breakfast by room service this morning in case I still didn't have the get up and go to head out for breakfast but I feel so much better this morning.  I still ate the room service meal.  The milk was barely cool and the OJ tastes watery but I am still grateful for their service.😉

I will celebrate honey bees and radios but I refuse to acknowledge any benefit to mosquitoes!  The food drink and wine sound perfectly fine but I will pass on all of them.  Wow, what an amazing sight Alaska must have been in 1741 to the explorers who first found it.  Thanks to Tina, Dixie, and Ann for their reports today.  Also I want to say prayers for our Care list and hope for more good news on that front.  Be safe out there in California!  Three cheers for the Celebration list folks and thank you Vanessa for your work keeping the lists updated.

Well the FC Dallas team seems to have no get up and go either because they lost 3 to 2.  DS says the nearly 8000 feet elevation is no joke and that Ren complained of his head hurting.  But his Dad says he's playing well and hopes he will be moving up in the ranks playing with better players as time goes on.  Some of the '06 players are not real team players and passing to other teammates to make a goal does not seem to be their first priority.  We are thinking Ren is going to have to start taking a shot each time he has the ball because they don't pass to him that much, and don't seem to be able to anticipate when Ren is going to pass to them.  Anyway, DS sent a clip of Ren being interviewed by sports reporters and he sounded great and very knowledgeable.  He's all grown up at 16! ❤️ One of the Dallas team members was taken off the field with a concussion protocol after he and another player hit head to head.  Prayers that boy is doing okay today!

Kralendijk, Bonaire is a wonderful port of call to visit!  We have enjoyed sharing photos here for Kralendijk 3 times before - July 17, 2021, Nov. 8, 2022, and April 18, 2023.  Here are the links to today's port and my photos below them.

We were in Kralendijk the first time in 2006 on Crown Princess.  Our daughter had had a difficult year having just gone through a divorce and having three youngsters, so DH and I took her on her first cruise.  It began in San Juan and was a Southern Caribbean cruise.  Our second time there was on Westerdam in 2016 and we went drift snorkeling for the first time.  

From our second trip as we loaded onto the catamaran for our drift snorkeling excursion (private CC tour).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlxJ9ivgyJrpM4uPaWeE96?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We headed to Klein Bonaire to this area to begin snorkeling.  The current was strong and it wasn't easy to stay with our guide, so quite of lot of energy expended that day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqkyZnGYqlARCNQNY7972i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKaWiZBZYpic6tVIAtWJXI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMYrBypNkcEM7DJYefnoir?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We did this tour on a lark and didn't even have an underwater camera, but I can assure you we saw some amazing sights.  The fish, the coral and underwater plants, and even the huge sea turtles.  Loved it!

After the snorkeling we walked through the town and checked out the people selling their hand made items like jewelry.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI61AlOa-8gKgWmytBZUapV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgt3P4RIll4DWKWrSoRI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It's a great stop on a Caribbean cruise.

A couple photos from our 2006 Bonaire visit with DD.  It seems we were enjoying ourselves so much we took more photos of the three of us than photos of the islands visited.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos taken that trip.

View from the ship of the lovely water and colorful town of Kralendijk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIW9oT1Dfyu30XofcT3ak2t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DD and myself00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqdNog7owPzqsenAvShMpN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DH says the towel animals are on parade in the pool deck area so we are going up there to take photos.  It will give the room steward time to do our room.  Bye!

Great photos! Been to Bonaire many times and fortunately never had issue with current while snorkeling. Most of the time take water taxi to Kleine Bonaire. The water taxi either drops you off at beach or at an area to start drift snorkeling along the reef that takes you to the beach without using much energy.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1