Taking suitcases

Love my Suitcases but 3rd set and even open none have fit under the Bed as Base Spinner wheels stick out couple inch's. Well they will but lifts my Bed off the ground. As last 20 yrs been Cruising Solo really no issue, usually put one in my closet and other out the way standing up at end of the Desk. If instead of 2 large suitcases I'm traveling with a Medium and Large from same set easier as one stores inside the other... I remember started Cruising 4 Decades ago there would see 50+ Golfers bringing their Clubs/Bags onboard and if remember correctly the Ship would store them in between Port stops. But sure that went away like Safe Deposit Boxes, Skeet Shooting, Midnite Buffets and Mints on the Pillows with real Turn down Service

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, George C said:

We were never light packers , we used to take 2 large suite cases and two garment bags and never had issue normally they fit under the bed .

Same here. As said been Cruising so long back then even for 7niter I needed Large Suitcase and very full Garment Bag for the Formal, Semi Formal and Smart Casual nites. So along with every day Clothes just for Dinner/Nites I'd have 2 Suits, a Sport Coat, 7 Dress Shirts, 7 white Tshirts, 5 ties, pair Dress Shoes plus casual or Docker Shoes. 7 Dress Sox, 3 Belts and at least 2-3 extra long Casual/Docker Shoes. Then my Wife would be able fit all hers in a Medium Suitcase so instead she had a Large Suitcase that I'd use 1/3 of... Last 20yrs since Wife passed away almost always Cruise Solo, dont do Formal but do B4B or longer so 4 pair Jeans and dozen Button down short and long sleeve Shirts and 2 Suitcases, no Garment Bag

• Like 1

Suitcases make us laugh. We were on a short cruise and the cabin next to us had 7 cases. Like seriously- I really don’t get what some people take - I personally travel on a 7 day cruise with 3 pairs of shoes plus water shoes, 2-3 outfits per day and toiletries bag, hats etc and DH likewise wrt clothing as well as noise machine, evening purse etc and we fit everything into 2 carry ons and 2 small rucksacks. 

I guess over the years we have learned how to pack and fold well 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Suitcases make us laugh. We were on a short cruise and the cabin next to us had 7 cases. Like seriously- I really don’t get what some people take - I personally travel on a 7 day cruise with 3 pairs of shoes plus water shoes, 2-3 outfits per day and toiletries bag, hats etc and DH likewise wrt clothing as well as noise machine, evening purse etc and we fit everything into 2 carry ons and 2 small rucksacks. 

Wait, you're getting 14-21 outfits into a carry on bag?  Plus four pair of shoes, and toiletries bag?  You need to do a video to show how you do all of that.  Thats 2-3 times what I fit into a carry on.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Spurschick said:

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Wait, you're getting 14-21 outfits into a carry on bag?  Plus four pair of shoes, and toiletries bag?  You need to do a video to show how you do all of that.  Thats 2-3 times what I fit into a carry on.  

I'm also curious how she does it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spurschick said:

You must be using a Sea Bag. The Rucksack I humped wouldn't hold that much. 

On 8/20/2023 at 12:32 PM, paulfoel said:

I see there no real limit but in terms of storage Im guessing its best not to take many because, I assume storage space is very limited?

Got balcony room on wonder of the seas....

On a week, will take usually 4 suitcases.  They all fit under the bed or put one inside the other.  I want to pack what I want, and never have issues with storing my suitcases under the bed.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:20 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I’ll think about it but I’m not a video person

it is easy underwear in first followed by swimsuit and swimsuit cover 

then shorts x2

then 8 smart/formal tops 

then 8 day tops

then 2 extra tops just in case I change my mind on what I want to wear

then skirt rolled to fit the length of the case to fill in the side

then 3 other smart formal pants 

2 casual pants one extra outfit for travel day back

then RC toiletries bag at top with tote flat pull straps over then place sun hat to keep in place

shoes I bought soft leather top formal shoes so they are not overly bulky and go in slots on inside of case top

bulky items like sunscreen we pack in my husbands formal shoes to take up less space 

my husband then packs bulk items in his back pack and it is a true back back not sea bag or duffle 

we take enough stuff we always run out of hangers it’s about how you fold and utilizing the gaps at the sides 

9 hours ago, Spurschick said:

I’ll think about it but I’m not a video person

it is easy underwear in first followed by swimsuit and swimsuit cover 

then shorts x2

then 8 smart/formal tops 

then 8 day tops

then 2 extra tops just in case I change my mind on what I want to wear

then skirt rolled to fit the length of the case to fill in the side

then 3 other smart formal pants 

2 casual pants one extra outfit for travel day back

then RC toiletries bag at top with tote flat pull straps over then place sun hat to keep in place

shoes I bought soft leather top formal shoes so they are not overly bulky and go in slots on inside of case top

bulky items like sunscreen we pack in my husbands formal shoes to take up less space 

my husband then packs bulk items in his back pack and it is a true back back not sea bag or duffle 

we take enough stuff we always run out of hangers it’s about how you fold and utilizing the gaps at the sides 

I could never survive with just one pair of shoes.  

I wear one pair of comfortable walking shoes on the plane/hotel/embarkation.  One extra pair in the suitcase (for use when one is wet from tours.. waiting to dry).  Two pairs of flip flops (one in carry on, one in suitcase), one pair dressy shoes, one pair casual sandals.  And of course socks for the walking shoes.  

Edited by island lady

My hubs is an absolutely packing maniac.  Ex military, get it all in a cigar box type.  He can pack anything in anything.  It's a game with him and me to try to get everything we need in as small a bag as possible.  Right now, I'm looking at our packed bags for our cruise next week.  One 22" carry on for each of us, a backpack for him, a big beach bag for me and an underseat bag for shoes/incidentals.  All bags will be checked so I'll be in my wheelchair with my beach bag on my lap and we walk on ship with almost nothing.  You can get an unbelievable amount of clothing in a carry on!  Just sayin.  Everything goes under the bed with no problem.  When we arrive at room, we unpack everything and stow in cabin storage.  We roll it off and self debark, no luggage in the hall.