Stateroom Cat. 2W "Studio Interior"

And if you reserve an interior guarantee as a solo, you could end up in 2W; and no double points for you.  Same goes for balcony guarantee and 2F.  Fortunately most times guarantees are not shown as available for single guests.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmerick said:

And if you reserve an interior guarantee as a solo, you could end up in 2W; and no double points for you.  Same goes for balcony guarantee and 2F.  Fortunately most times guarantees are not shown as available for single guests.

Definitely this...

Don't book a solo guarantee on a ship that has solo cabins on it whether they are showing as available or not if you are looking for the double points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely this...

Don't book a solo guarantee on a ship that has solo cabins on it whether they are showing as available or not if you are looking for the double points.

I booked an Anthem balcony guarantee solo for NYE 2021 and luckily was assigned a 4D.  I didn't know about the possibility of getting assigned a studio at that time.  I would not have been happy with the smaller cabin, losing the solo extra point, but also the double points promo on that extra point.  I would have "lost" 18 points on the 9 night cruise.  

Hopefully my TA reminds me if I attempt to book a solo guarantee on a ship with studios.  🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I booked an Anthem balcony guarantee solo for NYE 2021 and luckily was assigned a 4D.  I didn't know about the possibility of getting assigned a studio at that time.  I would not have been happy with the smaller cabin, losing the solo extra point, but also the double points promo on that extra point.  I would have "lost" 18 points on the 9 night cruise.  

Hopefully my TA reminds me if I attempt to book a solo guarantee on a ship with studios.  🙂

On the other hand I got a studio balcony on the Anthem for $775 last December. A regular interior room gty booked solo was $200 more.  And my balcony was huge. The cabin itself had plenty of room for a solo.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I am the exception but I recently booked a Solo cruise on Serenade, paid the supplement and chose an Interior Guarantee (there were no solo rooms available to book at the time). I was assigned a 2W cabin (4583) and expected to only get 7 points but was given the entire 14 points? I won't book a guarantee solo again given the risk of not getting the double points but just wanted to share this experience. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rock1t said:

Maybe I am the exception but I recently booked a Solo cruise on Serenade, paid the supplement and chose an Interior Guarantee (there were no solo rooms available to book at the time). I was assigned a 2W cabin (4583) and expected to only get 7 points but was given the entire 14 points? I won't book a guarantee solo again given the risk of not getting the double points but just wanted to share this experience. 

Really?  I got assigned one too from a inside gty and just didnt go. Mine was a 10 day and wasnt happy with the bed size. I'd broken my arm needed a full bed. Didnt expect a studio. 

Interesting you still got 2 pts a night. Can I ask when you did this cruise, the date approximately. 

@Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Really?  I got assigned one too from a inside gty and just didnt go. Mine was a 10 day and wasnt happy with the bed size. I'd broken my arm needed a full bed. Didnt expect a studio. 

Interesting you still got 2 pts a night. Can I ask when you did this cruise, the date approximately. 

@Ourusualbeach

And some people whose partner was a no show still got double points...mistakes happen

Sure, it was the 10/1-10/8 cruise on Serenade of the Seas. I just checked my account today and the 14 points have been added. Personally I was okay with the solo room but was frustrated after reading that I wouldn't get double points even though I had paid double. I won't book a guarantee again due to others experiences after learning of others outcomes. 

55 minutes ago, Rock1t said:

Sure, it was the 10/1-10/8 cruise on Serenade of the Seas. I just checked my account today and the 14 points have been added. Personally I was okay with the solo room but was frustrated after reading that I wouldn't get double points even though I had paid double. I won't book a guarantee again due to others experiences after learning of others outcomes. 

Well at least I know I'm not the only solo who got assigned a tiny solo cabin from a inside gty.

Me too, I'm a never again inside gty. If I wanted a solo 2W I'd book one directly on purpose. 

4 hours ago, Rock1t said:

How was the cabin (beside tiny)? Is it a more modern design as they have been installed later? And is it a quiet area?

7 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

How was the cabin (beside tiny)? Is it a more modern design as they have been installed later? And is it a quiet area?

The furniture and desk area seem to be the same as the rest of the ship (and Radiance class) and was fine but a little worn. The bathroom seemed to be a little more updated than my cabins on other Radiance class ships with blue tiled floors, the round shower doors instead of a curtain, and the best water pressure of any cruise I've been on. I'm going on the NCL Breakaway in a few months and have booked a studio cabin so I'll be interested to experience the differences in layout and approach to a studio. 

I liked the location since it was a secluded hallway with only 8 or so cabins and there were 2 heavy glass doors that would close at night to keep any noise out. I never heard any music or the bands during the centrum parties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, swooldri said:

These rooms only accommodate 1 person.  Does that person get "double" points for the cat. stateroom?  I think not, but can't verify via the RCI web site.

Thanks in advance, Steve

Can 2 smaller people share this cabin? Asking for friends. 😏 

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely this...

It is my understanding that the solo studio interior cabins don't have a single supplement. Is this still correct? When you book the interior guarantee for one person don't they charge a single supplement? Do they refund it if they assign you to a solo cabin?

2 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

It is my understanding that the solo studio interior cabins don't have a single supplement. Is this still correct? When you book the interior guarantee for one person don't they charge a single supplement? Do they refund it if they assign you to a solo cabin?

I booked the inside gty. It just popped up kinda last minute. Yes I'm sure I paid some percentage of solo supplement. It was a 10 day cruise from Texas hitting Panama so wasnt a cheap cruise. Radiance. I'm the one got assigned the solo cabin. There was no offer to give me a refund of whatever I'd paid as a supplement. Both me and my TA escalated it. Neither of us got anywhere. Maybe since almost never can a solo book a gty, I should have been alerted there even was a gty rate. 

Lesson learned lol. I'll never book a inside gty on a ship wirh solo cabins again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

Is this still correct?

When you book the interior guarantee for one person don't they charge a single supplement? Do they refund it if they assign you to a solo cabin?

Yes.

GTY rates are usually not available for one person.

No.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Yes.

GTY rates are usually not available for one person.

No.

This was a last minute for last jan 30, early this year. It was just a cruise not meant to be. But it wasnt even a whole year ago, and I read another guy same thing happened to him.

So it has happened to others.