Splendor Mini-Bar set up (without requests) Deluxe Veranda Suite

lesliew

We are going on our first Regent Cruise.

Can anyone tell me what are the basic/first day items which would typically be in the Mini Bar?

We have not made any requests so just wondering if there is a 'starter' set up?

(I understand we can make requests once aboard)

We are in a Deluxe Veranda (G1).

Thank you in advance.

16 minutes ago, HonTri said:

If you know what you want email your choices to "specialrequests@rssc.com" with your booking number. Also you can email "Spl_ExeConcierge@rssc.com" with your choices.

I think Regent is now blocking off ship emails to ship email addresses unless they come from in house.

2 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

So how do we ask for specific setups before getting on the ship?

Just send your requests to your TA and they will transmit to Regent.  If not perfect when you board will be quickly rectified.

2 hours ago, lesliew said:

We are going on our first Regent Cruise.

Can anyone tell me what are the basic/first day items which would typically be in the Mini Bar?

We have not made any requests so just wondering if there is a 'starter' set up?

(I understand we can make requests once aboard)

We are in a Deluxe Veranda (G1).

Thank you in advance.

From another thread, I think we'll be sailing together next week on Splendor.  If that's the case, then it's too late for special requests through Regent HQ.  Not long ago they said that 90 days was the limit for US departures and 180 days for overseas departures.

However, while we make special requests, we aren't concerned that they be in the suite when we board (they are about 50% of the time).  When you have your face-to-face meeting with your suite steward (usually within an hour or two of boarding), just show them what from the standard set-up that another poster described you don't want and what you'd like instead.  It'll either show up later that day or early the next.  Obviously limited to what they have provisioned onboard.

I am on a never-ending quest to convince Regent and the Beverage Manager that the "Special Export" version of Guiness they normally stock (higher alcohol content and bitter rather than smooth) is not something a Guiness lover can tolerate.  Only the "draft" in the gas-filled cans approximates true draft Guiness.  (Also about a 50% success rate with this).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Portolon

Yes, we leave on the 31st out of Reykjavik.   Excited for our first Regent Experience.

We're not too concerned about what is there for set up, and I know we can discuss with our steward, it was more just curiosity.

I won't mention the Guinness 'situation' to my husband, as he is a 'lover' of such!  (LOL but easily adaptable)

Curious if they might have Strongbow Cider onboard?  (my favourite)

2 hours ago, ToxM said:

This was a timely reminder for me to mail my root beer request to RSSC in good time for them to stock ready for my Jan 24 cruise so thank you!

Just an update. I emailed pretty much as soon as I replied with the above message and special requests have already confirmed they have made a note for my trip! Impressive!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lesliew said:

Thank you Portolon

Yes, we leave on the 31st out of Reykjavik.   Excited for our first Regent Experience.

We're not too concerned about what is there for set up, and I know we can discuss with our steward, it was more just curiosity.

I won't mention the Guinness 'situation' to my husband, as he is a 'lover' of such!  (LOL but easily adaptable)

Curious if they might have Strongbow Cider onboard?  (my favourite)

Don't remember if it was StrongBow, but they do have (or have had) British cider.

Edited by Portolan

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

At what category do they begin stocking liter bottles of premium Liquor in the suite?  We had them in Concierge and Penthouse.  Do they do it for all categories?

I think it's for all categories. We were in a Superior Suite in March, and I asked for single malt Scotch and received a liter of Macallan.

• Like 2

Chucktown Steve:

Penthouse and above bookings.  Butler service is part of those levels. Thus, ability to preorder preferences.  

Once you have a Booking number for that segment, go online to Regent; pull up your Itinerary.  Follow the following prompts:

"Manage this Booking"; then "Customize your Voyage"; then "Butler Service"; then, "In Suite Beverage Selection".    Thereupon, a laundry list of what you want prestocked in Suite will appear.  This includes what fruit you want.

Never a problem.  

As detailed earlier--if no Butler is attached to a Booking level, no big deal.  The Suite Attendant will attend to specific needs, usually within the next 12 hours, if not sooner.  Need another bottle of wine for an in-Suite (any Level) repast?  Either Attendant or Room Service will take care of that.  

Enjoy your cruise, at whatever Level. See some of you at Vancouver in less than a month as we begin our next cruise to Tokyo. 

GOARMY!

• Thanks 1

Those preference notices have legs!

In 2011 I sailed on the Navigator  and requested ginger beer in my suite (I was in a Dark and Stormy phase).  This spring, I sailed on the Voyager, made no special requests, but found 2 cans of ginger beer waiting  in my suite.   I was impressed by the gesture.  

I don't believe there is a standard set up in the cabins.  I could just see the stewards spending all afternoon rearranging soda/beer cans.  Our last cruise started out with 5 or 6 Coronas.  So if no special requests, just have a list ready of what you want when you see your steward, they will probably move the cans you don't want to the cabinet next to the minifridge.  We usually start out with beer and club soda and a bottle of wine and some type of after dinner liquor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lesliew said:

Curious if they might have Strongbow Cider onboard? 

On our last few Regent cruises the apple cider offered has been Angry Orchard

F90FD8E0-0E08-496C-9B49-67982C48D614.thumb.jpeg.2539bd5486f48adfcf1d782093806822.jpeg

David is pleased that Regent have reverted to Angry Orchard as he finds it to be far superior to Strongbow 

if you want Strongbow then you could put in a special order in advance of your cruise

• Thanks 1

First thing I do once I get to the suite is take out the things I don't think want in the refrigerator and put them on the counter. Then leave a list of things I do want including wine and liqueur with my suite number and leave it next to removed items. That way if I don't see my steward I still get things that evening. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ToxM said:

Just an update. I emailed pretty much as soon as I replied with the above message and special requests have already confirmed they have made a note for my trip! Impressive!

Same with us----less than 10 minutes for a response (below---misspelling is from the Regent agent):

Thank you for your email.

I have added your requests to your upcoming voyage. The onbaord team will be able to accomidate.

We look forward to welcoming you onbaord SS Splendor!

• Thanks 1