Elite perks

Elevatorman

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When compared to other cruise line upper level loyalty perks like Celebrity (Elite+), NCL (Sapphire), and HAL (4 star), they’re not too bad.

Princess has additional perks for those with the most cruise days on each cruise. Better than giving them to everyone or adding levels - more sustainable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My understanding is it’s the first Elite perk mentioned regarding “early access to new itineraries”. But my understanding is that you have to be logged onto your Princess account to see them.

Princess sends me email about booking early. I thought they sent it to all Elite.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Umm my problem is that I don't know when they are going to be released unless I catch it on cruise critic. So I guess I need to reach out to my CVP and ask why. I have several ports in my bucket list (1/2 the time I cruise for the itineraries and 1/2 the time for the ship, although I almost always get off)

Got it. I don't log into Princess everyday

Thanks to some nice folks on CC taking the time to post them in advance, that’s the only place we hear about them as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Princess has additional perks for those with the most cruise days on each cruise. Better than giving them to everyone or adding levels - more sustainable.

Top 20 couples usually get a luncheon. Usually pretty good. Both the food as well as the chance for conversations with officers.

22 hours ago, Elevatorman said:

Do those with Elite status have any new or old perks. I have just booked the Sky, caribbean, Dec 23, and read all about the packages, lots to digest. I don’t want to purchase overlapping add ons. 

Sorry - we seem to have hi-jacked your thread 🙂  I hope you received the answers you were looking for!  The only overlapping we found was the mini-bar since we have had the Plus Package on all our recent cruises.  But they all fit in my suitcase coming home 🙂

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

Sorry - we seem to have hi-jacked your thread 🙂  I hope you received the answers you were looking for!  The only overlapping we found was the mini-bar since we have had the Plus Package on all our recent cruises.  But they all fit in my suitcase coming home 🙂

The internet discount also overlaps since it is included in the packages.

32 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Are you referring only to the MT luncheon?

You seem to indicate that there's something additional. 

5 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

MT luncheon on some ships, MT Evening Drinking Party on others. Unless they changed that, too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

They get recognized during the Captains Circle event, get a bottle of champagne (if it qualifies as such) and gets their picture taken with the captain or other high ranking officer

7 minutes ago, ldtr said:

They get recognized during the Captains Circle event, get a bottle of champagne (if it qualifies as such) and gets their picture taken with the captain or other high ranking officer

Delete. 

Edited by MissP22

19 minutes ago, Oxo said:

MT luncheon on some ships, MT Evening Drinking Party on others. Unless they changed that, too?

Luncheon or Cocktail Party are at the Captain's preference or so we were told by the Future Cruise Consultant last June on the Sky Princess.  Never have both the luncheon or party on the same cruise.  This is only for the top 20 couples with the most cruise days.  Not aware of any other perks that are "Always" given. There is the recognition of the top 3 at the Captain Circle Party.  Gifts on the Sky last June were a bottle of wine, chocolates or Stanley the Bear and were sent to your cabin so many days before the CC Party.  Only picture of Captain or his stand-in was taken during the CC Party.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

With regards to these top 20 couples, what’s the rough average of cruising days to be invited to one of these. I know it varies greatly, depending on the itinerary, but just looking for a rough estimate.

Alaska cruises because of mostly new cruisers,  usually has the lowest number of days for getting the invite to Luncheon/Party.  Some could be as low as a couple of hundred days for the cut off.  On longer cruises with a lot of elites cut-off could be 500 days or more.  You aren't routinely given the number for MTL cut-offs but some people do ask the Future Cruise Consultant for that info and will post it to their "Live".  Only numbers given out ship wide, are the days and # of cruises for the top 3 during the CC Party.  

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Never have both the luncheon or party on the same cruise. 

On our April, 32-day, Buenos Aires to LA cruise (was also sold as two segments) on the Sapphire, we had 2 luncheons (one for each segment) and a cocktail party.  This was the first time we had both on a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ken the cruiser ON my recent sailing to Alaska on Crown, the number of days for the top three Most Travelled Guests were 1989, approximately 1800 and 800 days. I was not even close this time! But I have been invited twice to a MTG luncheon in the past, on Alaska sailings.

So I will just keep adding to my total, as much as I can. I'm seriously working on it! It's always good to be on a ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

With regards to these top 20 couples, what’s the rough average of cruising days to be invited to one of these. I know it varies greatly, depending on the itinerary, but just looking for a rough estimate.

On our July, Hawaii cruise on the Emerald, the cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 585 sea days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our April, 32-day, Buenos Aires to LA cruise (was also sold as two segments) on the Sapphire, we had 2 luncheons (one for each segment) and a cocktail party.  This was the first time we had both on a cruise.

That was nice to have.  We've never had but one or the other on each segment/cruise/booking or however it is defined.  We rarely book one cruise that cover 2 or more segments - usually have separate booking numbers for each segment.   We have a 2 day, 4 day and 5 day cruise coming up in Oct (part of 6 B2Bs) but don't think there will be a luncheon/party for any of those.  Might not even be a CC Party.

• Like 3

On a 7-day, RT Seattle, Alaska cruise on the Crown Princess when it was still having engine problems, we were pleasantly shocked to be invited to the Most Travelled Luncheon with only 139 cruise days.  I'm sure it will be years before we're invited to another.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We rarely book one cruise that cover 2 or more segments - usually have separate booking numbers for each segment. 

We always work the math on whether to book as one voyage or separate voyages.  Since the start-up, we have found booking as one has been more financially advantages for us.

Say hello to Ken for us, hope to see you guys onboard soon!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dee_Jay said:

On a 7-day, RT Seattle, Alaska cruise on the Crown Princess when it was still having engine problems, we were pleasantly shocked to be invited to the Most Travelled Luncheon with only 139 cruise days.  I'm sure it will be years before we're invited to another.

We have over 45o days. Alaska cruises we almost always make the cut. On Hawaiian cruises it is hit or miss. Panama we also always  get an invite

Edited by memoak

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'll let you know if I'm ever included. 🙂

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I'll let you know if I'm ever included. 🙂

We usually squeak by but it's getting tougher each cruise. 

Maybe that many people are abandoning Princess for other lines, it'll be easier to make the cut.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Depends upon the cruise. During my April TA it was around 600, during a Mexico cruise in the fall it was 400.

On my trip from Vancouver to whittier and back it was around 225 going up and 175 day heading south. Only about 3% Elite on that one with 75% first timers on Princess. On the TA is was over 40% Elite.

On close loop Hawaii cruises out of San Pedro, it also tend to run between 400and 500. 

Edited by ldtr

11 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Depends upon the cruise. During my April TA it was around 600, during a Mexico cruise in the fall it was 400.

On my trip from Vancouver to whittier and back it was around 225 going up and 175 day heading south. Only about 3% Elite on that one with 75% first timers on Princess. On the TA is was over 40% Elite.

On close loop Hawaii cruises out of San Pedro, it also tend to run between 400and 500. 

50 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Ken the cruiser ON my recent sailing to Alaska on Crown, the number of days for the top three Most Travelled Guests were 1989, approximately 1800 and 800 days. I was not even close this time! But I have been invited twice to a MTG luncheon in the past, on Alaska sailings.

So I will just keep adding to my total, as much as I can. I'm seriously working on it! It's always good to be on a ship. 

49 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our July, Hawaii cruise on the Emerald, the cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 585 sea days.

Thanks everyone. I was just curious. If we complete all of the PCL cruises we currently have planned through 2025, we’ll have around 285 days.

• Like 1