What is the next Celebrity cut?

NMTraveller

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Less live music around the ship. 

they tried that a few times....replaced with endless techno track throughout the ship and  "nasty lyrics" rap at the pool..

All of that that failed..

E Class now has great music all over the ship..all styles.  Excellent modern production  shows and guest artists in the  state of the art Theater, and also music, etc in the CLUB .   Plus very good DJs , esp at  pool & deck parties!

We were never without choices

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

That is my absolute no go no matter the price of the cruise. I really don’t like buffets and the MDR is non negotiable for me.

Yep, same for me. But there are tons of people who don’t know any different (or care).  Ex: new cruisers, short weekend cruisers, or those simply looking for the cheapest vacation. 

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

they tried that a few times....replaced with endless techno track throughout the ship and  "nasty lyrics" rap at the pool..

All of that that failed..

E Class now has great music all over the ship..all styles.  Excellent modern production  shows and guest artists in the  state of the art Theater, and also music, etc in the CLUB .   Plus very good DJs , esp at  pool & deck parties!

I've noticed a lot more DJs stationed by the martini bar on the M/S class

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

In the next 5 years, I fully expect some cruise line to do a trial of making the MDR have a cover charge per person and transition to having the buffet be the complimentary dinner option. 

If they have an ample selection at Oceanview Cafe in the evenings, I'm fine. Actually, on the last trip, I went to OVC most evenings, not in the mood for a sit-down dinner each day.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

We found mostly DJ's and canned music on Apex.  The Club VERY occasionally had some live shows.  The production shows were great.  Martini bar area music mostly DJ or canned and WAY too loud.

Lounge chair rental around the pool area.   Those closest to the pool pay more.  

Charging for seats with 20% gratuity  to attend the shows

elimination of the welcome back canopy at the ports

no flowers on the tables in the dining areas

elimination of the embarkation water, coffee, pastries  and etc in the retreat check in area

charge for all ice cream,  and also the pastries at Cafe Al Bacio

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

57 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yep, same for me. But there are tons of people who don’t know any different (or care).  Ex: new cruisers, short weekend cruisers, or those simply looking for the cheapest vacation. 

That's us.

We prefer the buffet to the MDR because what you lose in being waited on you make up with what is often better food with more variety and unlimited portions in the buffet.

Which you can eat wearing shorts and T-shirt.

No brainer.

• Like 2

I'm seriously concerned that servicing your cabin twice a day will be eliminated.  I know that some have signed up for the "go green" program but that even with that, the steward still usually comes in twice a day just to freshen up.  If the twice daily servicing is eliminated, then it really will be only once a day.  For us, the twice a day service is a true luxury experience - we shower in the early evening before dinner and the show, etc, and to come back to our room with everything so neat and lovely, is a big part of the Celebrity experience for us.  I don't care about the pillow chocolates (my photo is the Celebrity "X" which I made with the chocolates - those that have been with the brand for a long time will remember that the chocolates used to come in many flavors, reflected with the colored labels.), the team of butler issue isn't a big deal for us, I'm so disappointed how X cancelled the Beyond itineraries for spring/summer 2024 and then the changes made to the other ships, MDR changes, charging for cookies!!!, and on and on and on - OH, and remember when pre-covid, every cabin (regular ol' cabins, not even Aqua), had TWO room attendants, the main person and the assistant? (lol now I'm spiraling!), but taking away servicing the cabins twice daily would seriously be the nail in the coffin for us.   But since the Board is using Laura as their tool to slash and burn so much of what we have loved about Celebrity, I do fear that this may be the next cut.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, miched said:

Lounge chair rental around the pool area.   Those closest to the pool pay more.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good way to get rid of the chair hogs if they have to pay for 2 chairs per person. !!

Edited by nikel
wrong place

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We found mostly DJ's and canned music on Apex.  The Club VERY occasionally had some live shows.  The production shows were great.  Martini bar area music mostly DJ or canned and WAY too loud.

On BEYOND we had live jazzs and a cutting edge dragon gymnatics type show..( bad at names) SRO ..Club had to add another show!,,