Now the Aqua Class cuts!

CruisersTimesThree

The canapés vanished a few months back, that part isn't new. 

They were removed from the Aqua descriptions back in January, if not earlier, they lingered on for a few cruises after that but seemed to have been removed fully by around March/April based on other comments.

we posted this on another thread:

"On Ascent, we will do our best to get what we paid for short of being obnoxious!  but attendants will do their best to please!

.Hope BLU itself is still Good, and we are now happy we have 3 Specialty Dinners booked in case it isn't.

Already planning to bring a wheelie carry on cold case.. for water, cookies, flowers etc..Need to check on  beer allowance as Coors lite is not on our Classic Alc plan..that's dh brand!"

and also posted this..

"we actually like the canapes they let us custom order..shrimp,  fruit,  cheese. etc 

We bring our own  fresh crackers anyhow.  The herbal teas were vile..sat out for days..used to have them removed"

WE HEARD THE NO FEE  COOKIES ARE BACK

CAN WE NOW PLEASE HAVE OUR CHOCS?

16 hours ago, basenji56 said:

They did away with the little chocolates? Really? How much did a chocolate cost? Two cents?

one chocolate X12 ships X # of passengers.. equals about 29,000 chocolates daily . I guess about a saving of $2000 daily so about 700,00 a year. Then add on the time and the extra cost and work for the stained sheets caused for people who climb into bed with the chocolate and wake with it melted . ( this is why they tried to stop chocolate a few years ago. I know first hand)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we had one choc  incident..but after they were leaving them on the dresser..easy fix!

hoping for the upgraded shower gel and body cream..(I bring my own hair products.)

what about the afternoon Canapes?   .

One of the perks in Aqua we enjoy very much is the included bottle of bubbly.  Last 3 Aqua Class cruises we took, this past April & May on Eclipse, we asked our attendant to not bring the bubbly, but rather a bottle of red - which he happily did, and even asked us detailed questions about which red specifically we would like.  This is a nice perk to have, and one we would miss if this too were to be taken away.

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

one chocolate X12 ships X # of passengers.. equals about 29,000 chocolates daily . I guess about a saving of $2000 daily so about 700,00 a year. Then add on the time and the extra cost and work for the stained sheets caused for people who climb into bed with the chocolate and wake with it melted . ( this is why they tried to stop chocolate a few years ago. I know first hand)

This makes a lot of sense to me, thanks for writing.  And I've read that a large majority of the chocolates are thrown away by the passengers, the room attendants have reported that they're in the trash.  There was a brief moment in time, when hmmm, maybe 8 years ago, and I'm not sure on which ship we were on, that instead of chocolates, we were greeted by chocolate covered Oreos on our pillow - oh, that was nice!  Not every night, I think it was only twice - the ship had either run out of chocolates or they were trying something new.  But that sure would be a nice touch, to not do nightly pillow chocolates and instead maybe on the last night of the voyage, to have a chocolate covered Oreo on your pillow as an "until next time" sentiment.  Or not.  But they were delicious! The pillow chocolates I always bring home and use them in my baking - I'm fine with going back to Nestle's morsels!

• Like 1