how wide are the doors on a Balcony on Wonder

The problem we had with a regular balcony cabin was not the width of the door but, because the bed was closest to the door vs the balcony, we could not drive the scooter between the bed and the wall, and DH had to take off the battery pack (heavy) and we both had to lift the scooter passed the bed to put it into our room and onto the couch. I resorted to using my cane that week, so we didn't have to do that all week. Now, we only book accessible cabins because I have trouble with prolonged standing and prefer to sit in a shower chair while shampooing my hair. Plenty of space for your scooter in an accessible cabin. If you don't have an accessible cabin, I would try to find out where the bed is located in your cabin and, if it's closest to the door, check the width between the bed and the wall. Good luck and happy cruising! Cheers!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

42 3 /8"

For the balcony or between bed and wall? I assume you mean the balcony, which you have to step over if not in an accessible cabin. Maybe the distance is wider on the newer ships. We were on the Vision in a standard balcony cabin and my scooter would not fit between the bed, closest to the door, and the wall.

Edited by SilkySal
add

11 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

accessible cabins is not really needed. My wife uses a scooter but she can walk short distances.

The issue you posted about is the ability to get the scooter in the room, and once in the room, can you actually get it to a spot where you don’t have to physically climb over it to get on/off and to the bathroom. All of that would be easier with an ADA room (and you get a lot more space). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

accessible cabins is not really needed. My wife uses a scooter but she can walk short distances.

See my post #8 about the scooter fitting between the bed, if closest to the door, and the wall. You won't want to pick up that scooter every time you go into and out of your room. Don't know about your wife's scooter, but mine is pretty heavy to pick up. I can only walk short distances as well and, if on a bigger ship, I am grateful to have my scooter. Best of luck and happy cruising!