"Food Republic" Restaurant on NCL .... What Am I Entitled To Get (If I Pick It As a 'Free' Choice)

ajtraveler66

I've checked out the "Food Republic" menu.  For those of you who have been to this restaurant as a 'free choice', what did you think of the food?  What do you actually get 'free' before you have to start paying for 'additional' items?  (For instance, I know at Le Bistro ... you are limited as to the number of items that you can order).

49 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Food Republic is one of my favorite NCL Specialty Dining venues.

Can't recall the number of choices you can make.  I'm going from memory, but 4 choices come to mind.

You will not go hungry, though.

Yes, 4 is the number of items you can order 

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

I doubt wife and I can eat more than six items.  Hate to waste the other two.

We just used one dining credit and decided that if we wanted more we would pay ala carte for the extras. But by the time we finished the first four we were done. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

8 is too much for 2 people. 4 is fine and what we have for lunch. 

Unless you're fatties like my husband and I. We ordered 9 total items. 

@ajtraveler66 here is my review of Food Republic (Post #326 on page 14 if it doesn't automatically come up....just tested, it definitely does NOT come up). Click back to Page 14, first post at the top of the page and you'll see photos/my impressions. 

Edited by cruiseny4life

19 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You can do Food Republic for Lunch?

Some here on CC say you can't.

Lunch on sea days would be wondeful.

Except for Prima, we have seen Food Republic open on sea days but just for a couple of hours.  We have enjoyed several lunches at FR.    Just watch the dailies for when they are open.

• Thanks 1

Food Republic is a favorite of mine. Last cruise we used our dining credits and ate there three times. Twice we used one credit for four items which was plenty for two people. The last day we still had a credit for two people and couldn’t eat the 8 items that were included, we only made it through 6 of them. You can split  the credit and use it for four items each time you go. On the Joy we ate there for lunch as well as dinner.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Except for Prima, we have seen Food Republic open on sea days but just for a couple of hours.  We have enjoyed several lunches at FR.    Just watch the dailies for when they are open.

2 minutes ago, BlushPell said:

Food Republic is a favorite of mine. Last cruise we used our dining credits and ate there three times. Twice we used one credit for four items which was plenty for two people. The last day we still had a credit for two people and couldn’t eat the 8 items that were included, we only made it through 6 of them. You can split  the credit and use it for four items each time you go. On the Joy we ate there for lunch as well as dinner.

Our next cruise is on Prima but we have another on Encore so I'll remember this.

Wife and I are light eaters.  Thanks for the information about splitting.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 3:53 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Hopefully before Feb 2024.

I agree.  Because so many of the dining venues do get very crowded at lunch, it would make sense for them to open on Sea days (IF they have the staffing for it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1