Canceled cruise

DEBCAT65

Just boarded Radiance today, but later told cruise cancelled due to propulsion issues.  I believe they are very fair with the compensation, however, how do you put a figure in the bucket list trip to Alaska.  However. We are getting a full refund and future cruise credit, but I can’t get an answer if we will get c&a points for this, since we incurred considerable expenses to get here and boarded the ship in good faith.  Anyone with experience with this situation.  

26 minutes ago, DEBCAT65 said:

Just boarded Radiance today, but later told cruise cancelled due to propulsion issues.  I believe they are very fair with the compensation, however, how do you put a figure in the bucket list trip to Alaska.  However. We are getting a full refund and future cruise credit, but I can’t get an answer if we will get c&a points for this, since we incurred considerable expenses to get here and boarded the ship in good faith.  Anyone with experience with this situation.  

For a Canceled Cruise you shouldn't

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

You can recoup those cost with insurance or if you paid with a credit card they sometimes have insurance as well.

Insurance claims must be for a covered reason. Cancellation by the provider is likely not covered by either traditional insurance or credit card benefits. Check the defined list under Trip Interruption.

We are very disappointed, however, seeing that many ships have traveled with these types of issues in the past, I believe it must be pretty severe for them to cancel the whole cruise.  I figured we might lose a port or two, but not the whole cruise.  I saw this post on another site

IMG_4269.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Seriously, what is the cost to RCCL to give C&A points?

When our 8 night  voyage was reduced to 5 nights due to a threat of Covid (later shown to be unfounded), we received credit for the entire eight nights.

That’s because you were on an eight night cruise. 
I guess they learned just recently after Covid that giving away C&A points can end up being very expensive. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

That’s because you were on an eight night cruise. 
I guess they learned just recently after Covid that giving away C&A points can end up being very expensive. 

Totally agree about the Double Points Promotion which created hordes of new Diamonds and thousands if not millions of free drinks.  

This, however, is one cancelled cruise due to mechanical issues.  The cost would be minimal.

Worst part is that this was a one-way cruise to Vancouver, so now flights/plans to return home need changing.

I just read that RCL is covering up to $600 in flight change fees and is offering some assistance in making arrangements.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ngrund said:

Worst part is that this was a one-way cruise to Vancouver, so now flights/plans to return home need changing.

I just read that RCL is covering up to $600 in flight change fees and is offering some assistance in making arrangements.

Yes, very frustrating.  I got us booked home from Anchorage, now have to work on canceling the flight from Vancouver.  We booked on Air Canada, and now I guess we will have flight credit to use.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DEBCAT65 said:

Yes, very frustrating.  I got us booked home from Anchorage, now have to work on canceling the flight from Vancouver.  We booked on Air Canada, and now I guess we will have flight credit to use.  

Are you trying to get right home, or are you plan "B"ing and staying in the Seward/Anchorage area for a few days?

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

You can recoup those cost with insurance or if you paid with a credit card they sometimes have insurance as well.

You can claim losses. If the cruise like gives a 100% refund, there is no loss. Travel interruption would cover air fare, but most policies have a very low coverage, so you would have to go directly to the cruise line for reimbursement.