We board Infinity in about an hour. Let me know if you have any questions.

Stockjock

food photos looked good except for the very thin looking steak.Are u going to try something else?  I don't think it will get any better..

changing your dining res was inexcusable....they pulled a switch like that on us on EDGE..

we  had booked an early time at Fine Cut months in advance , The  day before  the res day , we went to confirm and learned we were given a much later time..

I raised a big stink b/c  the snooty maitre d insisted it was a much better time ..At first he refused to  cancel and refund us but relented....It was very degrading and we then cancelled all.of our specialty dining res..

Edited by hcat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

we booked the late 830 dining and they gave us a table and they said it was ours for the entire cruise. But last night someone else was in our seat and they told us they had instead changed us to anytime dining, which is not what I selected, and bear in mind I booked this thing more than a year ago. So we went back-and-forth with them and I asked for a manager and finally he did find us a permanent table, but initially they told us it was going to be a 40 minute wait with the pager. Now bear in mind that we showed up at 8:30 and the restaurant closes at nine so if it was a 40 minute wait that would’ve been technically after closing, so I am having to argue with these folks a little bit, but hopefully things will get better. 

That would not have gone over well with us either. I would have done the same or higher. So they switched you from TD where times and seating has always been assigned to AT. Unacceptable!

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

On European sailings everyone wants late seating/dining, just the opposite of Caribbean sailings. 

That wasn’t true on the two European cruises I took this summer. I would say there were more people who preferred to dine late than I’ve seen on Caribbean cruises, but certainly not everyone. Regardless, the OP successfully selected late dining over a year ago. The Maître d’ should have honored that choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

That wasn’t true on the two European cruises I took this summer. I would say there were more people who preferred to dine late than I’ve seen on Caribbean cruises, but certainly not everyone. Regardless, the OP successfully selected late dining over a year ago. The Maître d’ should have honored that choice.

I was just in Europe in July on two separate cruises, The Apex to Iceland and the Odyssey to the Mediterranean, and Late dining was definitely more crowed than early, especially for the Mediterranean cruise. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I was just in Europe in July on two separate cruises, The Apex to Iceland and the Odyssey to the Mediterranean, and Late dining was definitely more crowed than early, especially for the Mediterranean cruise. 

The American early dining is lunchtime in the southern Mediterranean! 😃

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, aaaaa said:

Sorry to hear about your dining experiences.  Tip: for dinner, order whatever your girlfriend orders!

Is salmon always available at dinner (even if not on the daily menu)?

It has been available each of the first three nights. Tonight is the formal night so I’m going get the rack of lamb.

So day three, and they finally succeeded in making my girlfriend cry on formal night, and she doesn’t cry easily. As I mentioned, they have screwed up our dining situation with long waits 40 min 1st night, estimated 40 minute wait (before I politely raised hell the second night).  And then musical chairs and misinformation with the table situation. They told us initially we had an assigned table, but then the next night someone was in that table, and we didn’t have an assigned table, and it was all sort of a cluster while they tried to figure it out, and I think it’s probably still not figured out.

So we stood around for a while tonight while I tracked down a manager (again) and they tried to sort it out. For right now, at least, we are not at a table for two, but there’s no one else here, so hopefully it will end up being a table for two. We’ve had dinner problems each of the first three nights, so I’m hoping that it won’t happen on the fourth night.

She said to me, “Why can’t we just sit down and have a nice dinner without having problems every night and having to find managers to straighten things out? I don’t want to go on Celebrity anymore”. But I told her that we do have a cruise booked for next year on Ascent.

here’s a picture of a salad for starters. It’s pretty tasty actually.

IMG_9238.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stockjock said:

So day three, and they finally succeeded in making my girlfriend cry on formal night, and she doesn’t cry easily. As I mentioned, they have screwed up our dining situation with long waits 40 min 1st night, estimated 40 minute wait before I politely raised hell the second night).

so we stood around for a while tonight while I track down a manager and they try to figure it out. For right now, at least, we are not at a table for two, but there’s no one else here, so hopefully it will end up being a table for two. We’ve had dinner problems each of the first three nights, so I’m hoping that it won’t happen on the fourth night.

She said to me, “ why can’t we just sit down and have a nice dinner without having to have problems every night and find managers to straighten things away? I don’t want to go on Celebrity anymore”. But I told her that we do have a cruise booked for next year on Ascent

Tell her this isn't normal. If I were you, I'd find time to speak with someone higher than who you have been dealing with about this Cluster... All of our Celebrity cruises and with other cruise lines we have never experienced this kind of crap you two are experiencing.! I hope you are very vocal about this on your PCS. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

So day three, and they finally succeeded in making my girlfriend cry on formal night, and she doesn’t cry easily. As I mentioned, they have screwed up our dining situation with long waits 40 min 1st night, estimated 40 minute wait before I politely raised hell the second night).  And then musical chairs and misinformation with the table situation. They told us initially we had an assigned table, but then the next night someone was in that table, and we didn’t have an assigned table, and it was all sort of a cluster while they tried to figure it out, and I think it’s probably still not figured out.

So we stood around for a while tonight while I tracked down a manager (again) and they tried to sort it out. For right now, at least, we are not at a table for two, but there’s no one else here, so hopefully it will end up being a table for two. We’ve had dinner problems each of the first three nights, so I’m hoping that it won’t happen on the fourth night.

She said to me, “Why can’t we just sit down and have a nice dinner without having problems every night and having to find managers to straighten things out? I don’t want to go on Celebrity anymore”. But I told her that we do have a cruise booked for next year on Ascent.

here’s a picture of a salad for starters. It’s pretty tasty actually.

IMG_9238.jpeg

So sorry to hear another huge misstep on Celebrity s part and that your GF was upset.  I would be too.  You take a holiday to relax and enjoy.    

• Like 1

So I got the rack of lamb tonight and it’s lean and nice tasting. It’s not fatty, tender, good flavor, gravy a little basic, but overall it’s pretty tasty and my girlfriend got the salmon with hollandaise sauce and she’s enjoying that as well.  

The veggies and mashed potato dollop is a constant companion to my dinners, but I suppose it tastes, OK, even if it’s not terribly creative.

IMG_9240.jpeg

IMG_9242.jpeg

IMG_9244.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

Early day in Santorini tomorrow, so we will grab a couple of drinks before bed.

As a sidenote, we are about 17 miles from the Kitta/Koita the city that my grandfather was born in in Greece. This is probably about as close as I will get, although we will be not too far away in lower Mani in a few days. 

IMG_9251.jpeg

IMG_9253.jpeg

IMG_9254.jpeg

IMG_9256.jpeg

IMG_9268.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love hearing about your cruise and am sorry to hear about all the service issues. 

You have been very gracious in your posts. Not sure if this would help or cause more issues but am thinking you might consider emailing a link to this thread to the executive office.

3 days of consecutive dinning issues is something I think the hotel director should be made aware of. 

We hope the rest of your cruise becomes the amazing cruise that you should be enjoying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

At the very least, I think a nice bottle of bubbly chilling in their stateroom is in order!

They promised one, supposedly from the CEO Laura, and I brought it to the attention of guest services, but so far that hasn’t happened. I showed them the email in writing, but apparently it’s quite a problem.  

But whatever.

IMG_9113.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1