Help! I’m so confused…

PCruzer

My husband and I haven’t cruised since 2019.  We are going on a back-to-back Caribbean cruise in February.  We are in a Neptune suite.  What does Club Orange  offer that a suite cabin (SA) does not?  I thought I read that if you are in a Neptune suite you don’t need to book Club Orange.  Like I said…very confused!

11 minutes ago, PCruzer said:

My husband and I haven’t cruised since 2019.  We are going on a back-to-back Caribbean cruise in February.  We are in a Neptune suite.  What does Club Orange  offer that a suite cabin (SA) does not?  I thought I read that if you are in a Neptune suite you don’t need to book Club Orange.  Like I said…very confused!

You get all the Club Orange benefits as a Neptune Suite. (And then some.) Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by POA1
Someone can't spell
  • Like 4

Which ship are you on? This matters, when it comes  to various Club Orange amenities that can be included already in your Neptune Suite status.

Welcome back. Looks like you will have a very nice return to cruising experience, regardless of any Club Orange details. Neptune Suite status I believe covers most of them. But this can be ship-dependent.

From my own observations, there is nothing about Club Orange that is or is not a deal breaker if you miss out because Neptune already covers most bases.

Even on a ship that had no dedicated Club Orange space, we were offered a special  Club Orange entree on our menu in the main dining room as Neptune guests. Which confused us since we were not "Club Orange". It  was never really anything particularly special, just another menu option. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Does Neptune still have Pinnacle breakfast?

Yes, unless you're on a PInnacle ship--I wish HAL would widen it's vocabulary, this sounds so confusing!

So on Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam, Koningsdam, there is a CO dining room, and breakfast is served there for Neptune suites and people who buy CO. On the other ships, Neptune suites still get breakfast in the Pinnacle restaurant. People who buy CO do not get breakfast in the Pinnacle restaurant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Does Neptune still have Pinnacle breakfast?

Only on ships that don't have a dedicated Club Orange restaurant.  The 3 pinnacle class ships have a Club Orange restaurant and that's where CO and neptune/pinnacle suite guests can eat breakfast.

Sue/WDW1972

4 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Club Orange is a downgrade for Neptune guests.

Please explain how?  The CO dining room is a huge step above meals in the MDR and they serve the same breakfast as the non Pinnacle class ships for Neptune and Pinnacle suites.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Please explain how?  The CO dining room is a huge step above meals in the MDR and they serve the same breakfast as the non Pinnacle class ships for Neptune and Pinnacle suites.

How does the CO dining room atmosphere compare to the Pinnacle dining rooms?

Just now, DaveOKC said:

Once I booked an SC Neptune and tried to add Club Orange to get upgraded to an SA, but they would not let me.

According to the rules in the CO benefits, the CO cabin upgrade is not available for Neptune and Pinnacle suites bookings. In fact since all the other benefits of CO are included, that may be why you couldn't add it. See the explanation in post #10 above.

16 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

According to the rules in the CO benefits, the CO cabin upgrade is not available for Neptune and Pinnacle suites bookings. In fact since all the other benefits of CO are included, that may be why you couldn't add it. See the explanation in post #10 above.

It makes some sense, as the difference in price from an SC to SA (most ships) is quite expensive - far more that the CO charge would be.  I was more interested in avoiding certain cabins that a guarantee would have exposed me to.

25 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

More intimate, smaller and much quieter, more like a fine dinning land restaurant.

Behind the glass wall is Club Orange on Koningsdam.  We did not partake, but walked past it often and it never looked inviting (jmho).

20230311_174547.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

It makes some sense, as the difference in price from an SC to SA (most ships) is quite expensive - far more that the CO charge would be.  I was more interested in avoiding certain cabins that a guarantee would have exposed me to.

I booked the CO on our 2024 Volendam cruise and we went from a B Vista Suite to a top level A Vista suite, which paid for the CO add. We had planned to book the A Vista anyway so CO is a freebie for us. When we added CO to our November Koingsdam cruise, we couldn't get an upgrade as we were in the aft facing verandah which was the highest in that category. What we did get was an additional $100 OBC for not upgrading.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, julia said:

Behind the glass wall is Club Orange on Koningsdam.  We did not partake, but walked past it often and it never looked inviting (jmho).

20230311_174547.jpg

Looks can be deceiving. Once  inside it is very nice and intimate. The wait staff are great and know you well by the end. I felt spoiled. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Looks can be deceiving. Once  inside it is very nice and intimate. The wait staff are great and know you well by the end. I felt spoiled. 

I completely agree with you.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, julia said:

20230311_174547.jpg

I had the same reaction to it. And inside, as well. I felt like I was eating in a goldfish bowl. The service is excellent, but the ambiance wasn't to my liking.

• Like 4

So I had said: "Club Orange is a downgrade for Neptune guests."

CO waters down the experience for Neptune guests.

No Pinnacle Grill Breakfast on the Pinnacle class ships. 

Remember, CO restaurant was NOT built as a CO restaurant. It was built for cooking classes and a farm to table experience.  Yes, the Rotterdam has been upgraded.  Otherwise, CO is just a nice dinor.