What new itinerary would you like when cruises are released this year?

gordylad

3 hours ago, WatchHill said:

I would like to see a few repositioning cruises origiinate/terminate in Boston instead of NY or NJ. Second wish is for a 10+ day west coastal cruise, maybe San Diego to Vancouver or the reverse, with focus on wine country. And third, a British Isles intense [14 night] with a few overnight experiences in Dublin/Belfast/South Queensferry. 

Darcy

Ditto on the British Isles with overnights!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I’d like to see more sailings that can be grouped for a long unique itinerary. Eg Solstice next year….Vancouver - Honolulu - Sydney - Singapore - Hong Kong.   

celebrity tends to do shorter repeats. 

Neat! But I think X is doing this in many regions…the Caribbean is a bit of a challenge, but we had booked the Iceland cruise with Norway as the follow-up. Had to cancel the 2nd leg to join our kids going to London…oh how we suffer!

Doing a Sydney around NZ and added the S Australia Wine cruise to Tasmania since it’s such a long flight over. 

Would love to do the Around Japan followed by the TP back to cut down on the flights, but doing Japan early Spring for the Cherry Blossoms! 

Enough. Love to do B2Bs to make up our own itineraries. 

Den

35 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It’s interesting that not one single person has said they want lots more short itineraries. Everyone wants the longer ones. The ones that Celebrity has been taking away.

That’s why the 18 3-5 week cruises we have booked through 2025 are with PCL, HAL and NCL, with only one 10-day Galapagos cruise this December booked with X. 

Asia with more stops in Viet Nam ( including a overnight in Halong Bay) Cambodia and Thailand ( including overnight in Bangkok.

Africa. 

Longer cruises where you can do a B2B with different ports on each leg, and not in the Carribean.

But since the itineraries are probably set for cruises from now through 2025. Maybe they will consider these suggestion for 2026.

• Like 1

I read the posts about so few longer S Caribbean cruises, and was a bit confused. Looked at X website and it shows 25 10, 11, 12 N Caribbean cruises into early March ‘24. And many have the ABC islands. 

So not sure what the complaints are about. 

Den

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I read the posts about so few longer S Caribbean cruises, and was a bit confused. Looked at X website and it shows 25 10, 11, 12 N Caribbean cruises into early March ‘24. And many have the ABC islands. 

Den

I understand, it's a fussy personal preference. I would like to see Celebrity bring back some 14 nighters in lieu of a few of the 10/11/12's.  For me it makes maximum use of a two week winter vacation from work. 

I also grew to like the 14 night sailing's cadence: leave Florida and start off with an enjoyable 2 full sea days, followed by 5 Lesser Antilles ports, then a sea day in the middle of the cruise, then the ABCs, followed by 2 more sea days before finishing.  Again similar cadence to the 10/11 night cruises although I think the 14 nighters were the only ones that combined the Lesser Antilles and the ABC's and you picked up an extra sea day as a bonus.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

One issue might be that the first leg of a typical B2B X setup was to the western Caribbean with the following leg to the eastern Caribbean, then repeat.

Then in our case X chopped an awesome 13-day New Orleans/Aruba cruise (with 3 days in NO during Mardi Gras) in Mar 2025 down to 8 days by eliminating Key West and Aruba and replacing them with Progresso, where the only thing there to see is Chichen Itza, which we have seen and is way over commercialized.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?sailStartDate=2025-03-01&sailEndDate=2025-03-31&dateToggle=M&q=Caribbean-&ship=CS

Needless to say we cancelled it and booked a HAL 21-day Panama Canal and Pacific Coastal cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle in an act-facing cabin for $250 pp/day (net $151 pp after booking discounts) including the HIA Early Booking promotion. 

17 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I understand, it's a fussy personal preference. I would like to see Celebrity bring back some 14 nighters in lieu of a few of the 10/11/12's.  For me it makes maximum use of a two week winter vacation from work. 

I also grew to like the 14 night sailing's cadence: leave Florida and start off with an enjoyable 2 full sea days, followed by 5 Lesser Antilles ports, then a sea day in the middle of the cruise, then the ABCs, followed by 2 more sea days before finishing.  Again similar cadence to the 10/11 night cruises although I think the 14 nighters were the only ones that combined the Lesser Antilles and the ABC's and you picked up an extra sea day as a bonus.

And if I might ask how many times would you like to do that same itinerary or one close to it? When cruising started back up, the Caribbean for a good 8-10 months was the only place X was cruising to. For us old ones who like to cruise a lot, the Caribbean got quite redundant for us after seeing some of the same islands 3-4 times. 

But I guess that’s the point. I guess us old need to move on, which is cool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

And if I might ask how many times would you like to do that same itinerary or one close to it? When cruising started back up, the Caribbean for a good 8-10 months was the only place X was cruising to. For us old ones who like to cruise a lot, the Caribbean got quite redundant for us after seeing some of the same islands 3-4 times. 

But I guess that’s the point. I guess us old need to move on, which is cool.

Yes, I would totally expect many people to feel this way.  On the other hand, I would think that my earlier post is not a opinion that is held by only me either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

But since the itineraries are probably set for cruises from now through 2025. Maybe they will consider these suggestion for 2026.

While that is realistic I don't know why that would stop them. It's not like they haven't done ship redeployments with complete changes in itinerary on relatively short notice.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

World cruise RT Fort Lauderdale via South America, Pacific Islands including Easter Island, New Zealand, Asia and the Suez canal  into the Mediterranean.  Sell cruises in chunks or the entire 100-120 day cruise.

You mean itineraries something like these HAL ones?

Search the Best Cruises for 2023, 2024 and 2025 | Holland America

Or these Princess world cruise segments?

Cruise Search Results - Princess Cruises

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Yeah I wonder how far south they could get round trip from Florida in around 14 days, if they could get to Brazil in that would be fantastic. I also would like trans pacific to Japan, those are very infrequent. Norwegian has some interesting itineraries, I liked one that was transatlantic from NY that went to Halifax and St. John’s and then down to the Mediterranean. 

As an aside, anyone notice the Celebrity sailings are starting to cut out ports? The exact same 13 night transatlantic on E class leaving Barcelona this year has 6 stops including 2 Spain and Nassau, next year only 1 Spain and no Nassau (both still do Gilbraltar, Azores, Bermuda). So essentially the exact cruise on the same ship is 4 ports instead of 6. Does this really save them money? 

Edited by tigervixxxen

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I know its neat to not go back to a port on B2B’s and B2B2B’s, but except for some of the small island ports, there is A Lot to see in port calls and a 1-day stay is surely not nearly enough. But understand wanting a varied experience

That brings up what I love to see more - Overnights. Gives us a lot more options on tours and actually experiencing cities at night and so on. X started adding more, and need to do it more. 

Loved overnight in Dublin and did a Literary Pub Crawl where locals stepped out in the pubs that great Irish writers hung out and played them. Quoted some of their work. It was fantastic. Of course, most Irish fiction is the same as Country Western songs: my girl left me; took my truck and ran over my dog!!

Enough. If not overnight in Dublin, book Dublin for a few days prior to a Dublin start/end port. I know many of us do that so they are in port the day prior, but add a few more and really enjoy a new experience…..or try new ones in a port you’ve been to. 

And maybe try a different area prior to the cruise. We did a week in Cornwall prior to a TA out of Southampton; stayed in Civitavecchia, Rome’s actual port, for 3 days and Loved It! Small but lots to do and see in a smaller Italian town.

den

Hi.

As a Brit I would love a Round Ireland cruise,,,so close to UK but so few cruise lines do one,,,,NCL and Fred Olsen this year.

I sailed Celebrity from Dublin before covid to Iceland,,Dublin is great for a couple of days pre cruise.

Dublin- Cork- Galway- Killybegs- Belfast- Liverpool (my home town)-Dublin.

Unfortunately Dublin port is closed to cruise ships whilst new docks are being built. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

I also would like trans pacific to Japan

We are on the TP leaving in less than 2 weeks. Looking at Celebrity's offerings, this may be the last one (North America to Japan or the other way around)....very sad!

Edited by neverlaysup

Every year I cross my fingers and hope to see the return of roundtrip Caribbean itineraries from Cape Liberty/somewhere in the northeast. With flying the way it is, the "simple" flight to Florida is becoming costly and unreliable enough to make me think twice. It's not only the folks in FL who would prefer to drive to the port! 

The last time we were able to do that on X was 2012 on the Silhouette, and [back in the day...] on the Galaxy & Mercury out of Baltimore. 

3 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

We are on the TP leaving in less than 2 weeks. Looking at Celebrity's offerings, this may be the last one (North America to Japan or the other way around)....very sad!

Not sure what your concern is. Millennium is doing the Best of Japan in 2025 with its schedule showing up to April ‘25 (Booked for March ‘25) with nothing showing afterwards, which I assume means when X opens their 2025 itineraries, we should see the Millennium going across the N Pacific has its done before. I guess it could work South and cross that way back S Pacific. But its made the run to Vancouver a number of times. 

Den

4 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

I wonder how far south they could get round trip from Florida in around 14 days, if they could get to Brazil in that would be fantastic. 

They can come close - I've taken a 14-day cruise that went round trip from Port Canaveral to Barbados (not on Celebrity). Though it's almost criminal to pass by so many wonderful islands without stopping at some of them.

4 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

As an aside, anyone notice the Celebrity sailings are starting to cut out ports? The exact same 13 night transatlantic on E class leaving Barcelona this year has 6 stops including 2 Spain and Nassau, next year only 1 Spain and no Nassau (both still do Gilbraltar, Azores, Bermuda). So essentially the exact cruise on the same ship is 4 ports instead of 6. Does this really save them money? 

I'm not qualified to do a detailed analysis of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Fewer stops = more direct voyage = less fuel used.

5 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Not sure what your concern is. Millennium is doing the Best of Japan in 2025 with its schedule showing up to April ‘25 (Booked for March ‘25) with nothing showing afterwards, which I assume means when X opens their 2025 itineraries, we should see the Millennium going across the N Pacific has its done before. I guess it could work South and cross that way back S Pacific. But its made the run to Vancouver a number of times. 

Den

I guess time will tell when they release the new schedules but since they are moving the Edge to Alaska next year, it looks like Millie might become the Asian cruise ship year round based on it's current schedule and the fact is no longer going to be in Alaska.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

One issue might be that the first leg of a typical B2B X setup was to the western Caribbean with the following leg to the eastern Caribbean, then repeat.

Then in our case X chopped an awesome 13-day New Orleans/Aruba cruise (with 3 days in NO during Mardi Gras) in Mar 2025 down to 8 days by eliminating Key West and Aruba and replacing them with Progresso, where the only thing there to see is Chichen Itza, which we have seen and is way over commercialized.

Yeah, I was very disappointed for you.  It really got gutted.

• Like 1