What new itinerary would you like when cruises are released this year?

gordylad

South America, more/slightly longer options around Scandinavia and Norway, more options around the far east, something around Africa maybe. Basically anything other than the endless cruises that just trundle around the Caribbean, of which I have no interest. 

Edit: Actually this is a good subject for a poll, anyone know how to create one?!

Edited by OysterD
  • Like 5

Thinking out of the box, and for Someone i know who would like to see something of Europe but who doesnt want to fly, a  cruise which originates in NY or Boston, goes to Europe, does two or three ports there and returns to US.  

And perhaps there are some Brits who would like to see some of the US but also don’t want to fly so maybe a cruise originating Southampton, coming to the US to Boston, New York, and maybe one or two others and then return to Southampton.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I would like to see a few repositioning cruises origiinate/terminate in Boston instead of NY or NJ. Second wish is for a 10+ day west coastal cruise, maybe San Diego to Vancouver or the reverse, with focus on wine country. And third, a British Isles intense [14 night] with a few overnight experiences in Dublin/Belfast/South Queensferry. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill
  • Like 5

WestLakeGirl,

I agree. I can't fly for more than 3 hours at a time because of a blood clot problem so I can't go to Europe. I finally booked a roundtrip Transatlantic on Cunard, going from New York City to Southampton and back to New York City. The Transatlantic I really wanted was already sold out. In 2025 I am doing the roundtrip transatlantic and have added Rotterdam (Amsterdam) and one other port, so I will finally get to see some of Europe.

I would love for Celebrity to do a roundtrip transatlantic from Boston or New York City to Southampon and return but with maybe the Rotterdam stop and one or two others, around 19 days. I love sailing the east coast of the USA. I would love to do a Quebec or Montreal down the coast, including Halifax, Portland Maine, overnight in Boston, Newport Rhode Island, overnight in Charleston South Carolina and stop in either Fort Lauderdale or Miami, it would probably have to be at least 14 days. I would like to do the same on the west coast, start in Vancouver, overnight in Seattle, Astoria, overnight in San Francisco, San Diego, and get off in Los Angeles, maybe a 10 day cruise.

Candie

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Thinking out of the box, and for Someone i know who would like to see something of Europe but who doesnt want to fly, a  cruise which originates in NY or Boston, goes to Europe, does two or three ports there and returns to US.

I've often thought of this.   If they had a ship do a round trip US/Europe each month during the summer.  Maybe a good way to use one of the older ships.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great Thread…..gets me thinking about what Id love to do.

- Like the roundtrip to Hawaii. Did it on Princess and loved it. 

- Like a more Norway-focused one that goes further north and longer than the existing.

- Like a Baltic that stops in different ports…..love Not including St Petersburg. 

Will keep thinking about this. Ive booked a few smaller cruise ships in order to see ports that these larger ships cant pull into…..but there is always anchoring when the port cant handle the ship!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

And perhaps there are some Brits who would like to see some of the US but also don’t want to fly so maybe a cruise originating Southampton, coming to the US to Boston, New York, and maybe one or two others and then return to Southampton.

That would be awesome!! We don't like to fly either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

I know, but we are talking about itineraries we would like to see in the future, when the new deployment are announced,

Sorry, I guess that since the title was "new itineraries" that all the ones that currently exist wouldn't be submitted. 

• Like 1

I know its neat to not go back to a port on B2B’s and B2B2B’s, but except for some of the small island ports, there is A Lot to see in port calls and a 1-day stay is surely not nearly enough. But understand wanting a varied experience

That brings up what I love to see more - Overnights. Gives us a lot more options on tours and actually experiencing cities at night and so on. X started adding more, and need to do it more. 

Loved overnight in Dublin and did a Literary Pub Crawl where locals stepped out in the pubs that great Irish writers hung out and played them. Quoted some of their work. It was fantastic. Of course, most Irish fiction is the same as Country Western songs: my girl left me; took my truck and ran over my dog!!

Enough. If not overnight in Dublin, book Dublin for a few days prior to a Dublin start/end port. I know many of us do that so they are in port the day prior, but add a few more and really enjoy a new experience…..or try new ones in a port you’ve been to. 

And maybe try a different area prior to the cruise. We did a week in Cornwall prior to a TA out of Southampton; stayed in Civitavecchia, Rome’s actual port, for 3 days and Loved It! Small but lots to do and see in a smaller Italian town.

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 2