Free Burgers??

Scubadoc

On Allure right now. Am I missing something or is there no place to get a free hamburger? I know you can order them from room service and maybe there’s a place to make them in the windjammer, but every ship I’ve ever been on there has been someplace by the pool to get a hamburger. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

On Allure right now. Am I missing something or is there no place to get a free hamburger? I know you can order them from room service and maybe there’s a place to make them in the windjammer, but every ship I’ve ever been on there has been someplace by the pool to get a hamburger. Thanks!

By the pool? Not on any Royal Caribbean ship I know of.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

Nope...Burgers are delicious...but you only can get in Windjammer

• Like 1

Hmm. Thanks. Well, this is our first time back on Royal Caribbean in six years so I guess I’m thinking about carnival and Princess. We love the ship though. I guess I’ll have to fight the Windjammer masses to get my burger. Life is hard, but somehow we will endure.  😂

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, lcpagejr said:

Nope...Burgers are delicious...but you only can get in Windjammer

Or in the Mdr for lunch and now dinner.

I did radiance and they had a american night with a burger. I tried it and thought it was pretty good for royal. Better than buffet. I tried the one for lunch Mdr but the bun wasnt that good, kinda soggy. 

Carnival wins this. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

I was going to ask about the wipe out cafe, but I see it may be Mexican.

We’ve been on 4 Oasis class ships, and always forget about this dining area (I know it’s slightly different on each ship, different menu) until about halfway through the cruise. But, it is one of the easiest food venues to get to, from the pool.

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Windjammer burgers are not very good in my opinion.

I hadn’t gone near one in forever but the “burger of the day” on Wonder was actually edible in June. It’s made with different toppings each day (I had a Philly burger with provolone & grilled onions) and then partially wrapped in paper like fast casual restaurants often do.

By no means amazing but it was much better than the dried out patties lying on the buffet line.

For those wanting to pay for a burger, I’m a big fan of the one at Playmakers that comes with garlic parm fries.

• Like 2

As a general comment here, we all need to remember that nothing is ever 'free' on any cruise ship, or any cruise line.

Some items (including some food items) are offered at no additional charge (included with the cruise fare), while other items incur an additional charge at point of sale onboard the ship.

It is the 'included with the cruise fare' items that some folks confuse with and incorrectly characterize as 'free'. 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

It is the 'included with the cruise fare' items that some folks confuse with and incorrectly characterize as 'free'.

You are of course correct but how does this help topics like "where can I find a burger?"

When someone says "free" surely 99% of readers understand they mean "no additional cost." Why do we all need your reminder of the difference?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

we all need to remember that nothing is ever 'free' on any cruise ship ...

It is the 'included with the cruise fare' items that some folks confuse with and incorrectly characterize as 'free'. 🙂

Yes, you have made this point multiple times on multiple threads, if memory serves. 😉 You certainly have the right to feel that the distinction is an important one, and that "we all need to remember" it. 

Respectfully, however, I sincerely doubt that anyone who has paid for their cruise and boarded the ship will be flummoxed over not receiving a pro-rated refund when they eat at the so-called "free" venues. Otherwise, we would have to start to referring to free library services, freeways without tolls etc. as "included with your taxes" services. 😁

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Yes, you have made this point multiple times on multiple threads, if memory serves. 😉 You certainly have the right to feel that the distinction is an important one, and that "we all need to remember" it. 

Respectfully, however, I sincerely doubt that anyone who has paid for their cruise and boarded the ship will be flummoxed over not receiving a pro-rated refund when they eat at the so-called "free" venues. Otherwise, we would have to start to referring to free library services, freeways without tolls etc. as "included with your taxes" services. 😁

Huh? 🤔

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You are of course correct but how does this help topics like "where can I find a burger?"

When someone says "free" surely 99% of readers understand they mean "no additional cost." Why do we all need your reminder of the difference?

Maybe, but using the term 'free' when describing anything on a cruise ship might very well confuse some newbie cruisers.

• Haha 2