Live From Regatta 07 Sept. - 20 Sept. 2023 Alaska to California Medley - Vancouver to LA

FetaCheese

16 hours ago, BSR said:

@FetaCheese  Can you get orange juice (cartons or cans) for the fridge?  What category is your cabin photos?

Sorry, cabin cat is Veranda.  Have seldom used it, too windy, Sea spray in morning, not warm enough on most days, yet nice to have.

Floor to ceiling slider easy to operate.  Full width glass, except slider frame/pillars.  About 4 ft deep, 10 ft wide.  Nice thick chair cushions provided, but stay inside when not used.IMG_20230918_075208761_HDR.thumb.jpg.72c2edddb4a993cb5b7be5ce8f82567d.jpgIMG_20230918_075149786.thumb.jpg.d3955beb4b13e9a7af38503e9de00f56.jpg

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BSR said:

@FetaCheese  How does tendering work?  Do you need to get a ticket ahead of time?  Do suites get priority? 

Tender port Sitka.  Yes, tickets required, must go to Regatta lounge (showroom).  Early shorex departures 1st.  

For independent, get tickets, then wait to be called by #.

Later, open tendering, just go to tender platform, no tickets.

See my earlier post re: tender platform.  Used ship lifeboats.

No sure if suites have priority.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Tender port Sitka.  Yes, tickets required, must go to Regatta lounge (showroom).  Early shorex departures 1st.  

Later, open tendering, just go to tender platform, no tickets.

See my earlier post re: tender platform.  Used ship lifeboats.

No sure if suites have priority.

Thanks. 

Sitka (tendering)

Was on our own, walked small town.  Highlights were St. Michaels Russian Orthodox Cathedral, center of town.  Street closed to traffic.

Small stores, street food vendors, coffee shop, galleries, bookstore, a couple restaurants.  Nice Marina, salmon processing facility.

Also, Russian Bishop's home, a US National Park Service museum.  Need to make tour appointment, free. Didn't have time to wait for next tour, but was shown a 20 min. video, very interesting.IMG_20230913_120220011_HDR.thumb.jpg.2b793fbbed227743c4e288ec84ac9d80.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Do you know if they were filling up any spare seats with independents after any early shorex was called to board ?

IE: If only one or two shorex were ready to board, and there where 10 seats spare, whould the first 10 independents be called down to the tender deck ?

Edited by Tranquility Base

12 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Do you know if they were filling up any spare seats with independents after any early shorex was called to board ?

IE: If only one or two shorex were ready to board, and there where 10 seats spare, whould the first 10 independents be called down to the tender deck ?

Sorry, I don't know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Yea, they did this on our Vista cruise. Mixed independents in with ship shore excursion tours on the tenders. Maybe not the first one but we got on after group 1 was called. Key is to get there when the first excursions are suppose to arrive in the lounge area and get your card. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BSR said:

@FetaCheese  How does tendering work?  Do you need to get a ticket ahead of time?  Do suites get priority? 

Ask your Butler

Usually those in top suites can just go to the Tender  area  flash their  room card  &  they are on the tender  if space is available

They do a head count  & limit the number on each tender

3 hours ago, kldough said:

Hey Peter, great postings. I've enjoyed following along.  Safe travels home.

Ken D.

Thanks, good to hear from you.  I'm honored that you took time to follow along.

O is delivering a fine product.  We enjoyed our cruise experience very much.  I didn't want to write any comparison to V.  I may start such a topic later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:51 PM, FetaCheese said:

Better safe photoIMG_20230917_150211867.thumb.jpg.3cadccedd6764facc53e2cdb27581721.jpg

So glad you posted this! A while ago (August?) someone asked about safe size; and another poster's answer was smaller than my laptop (which fit in our D-category's safe in June with room to spare) so I posted that I thought it was bigger. Low and behold, our C-1 category safe (on this trip) was tiny, not even close to fitting a laptop. So, there appear to be an older, tiny safe and a newer, bigger safe. No photo or measurement...sorry!

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 12:05 AM, Tranquility Base said:

Is it normal to go outside Vancouver Island when Southbound on this schedule, as opposed to inside ?

Our June itinerary said that we would travel inside going northward and outside going southward. We did the opposite (which was in Currents).

Our September itinerary said that we would travel outside going northward and inside going southward. We did the opposite (and Currents said inside in both directions).

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:24 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

We’re onboard Regatta now and will be on for your segment too.

All is well. Food great, no major issues, The GM is Gabriel Ovesea - ultra-competent.

Captain is O’s best - Giulio Ressa.

Can’t remember if anyone’s handling a Meet and Greet for this upcoming segment.

PS: The fishing is great (and so are the bears).

E3F71833-C912-44F2-85DE-F909F9DD68DC.jpeg

4C85D3A0-6C08-4564-B4F7-9F21347EE054.jpeg

Good to finally meet you in person, Don.  Laura 

Edited by LNielsen