Has Anyone See This Before?

MN Syrup Cruiser

Hello.  We are sailing on the Royal Princess in April, 2024.  It is a 21 day cruise embarking in Sydney, Australia and ending in Yokohama, Japan.  We normally like to pre purchase a couple of the 375 ml bottles of spirits to have in the room.  When I attempt to buy, the following appears:

Princess Wine & Spirits

Sorry, we encountered an error while retrieving your Princess Wine & Spirits shopping list.
Trying again later may resolve the issue, but please note that in some circumstances the item(s) you selected may no longer be available for purchase on this cruise.

Is this normal for cruises with this itinerary?  I've been "trying again later" for several months.  Any insights are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

40 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Hello.  We are sailing on the Royal Princess in April, 2024.  It is a 21 day cruise embarking in Sydney, Australia and ending in Yokohama, Japan.  We normally like to pre purchase a couple of the 375 ml bottles of spirits to have in the room.  When I attempt to buy, the following appears:

Princess Wine & Spirits

Sorry, we encountered an error while retrieving your Princess Wine & Spirits shopping list.
Trying again later may resolve the issue, but please note that in some circumstances the item(s) you selected may no longer be available for purchase on this cruise.

Is this normal for cruises with this itinerary?  I've been "trying again later" for several months.  Any insights are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Don’t see a problem. Are you able to see it in your cart and it just not able to purchase?

If this is several months, then I would think it might be your device.  Make sure you clear history and cache in your devices and sign out and back in on the website.  
Does everything else work for you on the website?

Unless, there are changes in the works for 2024, you should be able to order.  Let us know

10 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Thanks, PacnGoNow.  No items available for purchase so nothing in cart.  Page lists what is included with Plus package.  No spirits or wines available.   History and cache have been cleared.  This is first time I've encountered this.

Try another device? Or your PC?

I just tried for one of my 2024 bookings and no problems.

Do you have a TA/CVP?  I’d reach out and asked them to purchase for you.  If not, you’d have to call in and ask to purchase.

At any rate, I’d report the issue to the IT dept by phone tree for oceanready

or an email.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Edited by PacnGoNow

9 hours ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Are there different laws and regulations for Australia?

I suggested asking this on the Australian and New Zealand Cruisers board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

The posters there are very helpful answering questions from confused foreigners as I know first hand since we were in New Zealand for 7 days, Sydney for 7 days and on a round Australia cruise for 28 days last March and April.  We will probably never return due to the long and expensive flights but are so glad we went, even to the extent that I still check what's being discussed on that board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

@MN Syrup Cruiser I'm also on that cruise and I cannot even get water delivery (dz normally for $7.08) BECAUSE it is an Australian embarkation. It's always been that way. 

Must be a change because I order the starter water package ever since it began and don't recall an issue getting it for our NZ voyage (RT from SYD) back in 2019.  I would have ordered in Personalizer well before leaving home.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:
9 hours ago, Ombud said:

@MN Syrup Cruiser I'm also on that cruise and I cannot even get water delivery (dz normally for $7.08) BECAUSE it is an Australian embarkation. It's always been that way. 

Must be a change because I order the starter water package ever since it began and don't recall an issue getting it for our NZ voyage (RT from SYD) back in 2019.  I would have ordered in Personalizer well before leaving home.

I've not had an NZ embarkation yet, just Sydney & Melbourne Dec 2019 (that one went to NZ & unable to preorder water). Plus a repeat from Sydney (same cruise as OP). So it shows up as an option on your upcoming NZ cruise? Wow. Wondering why Australia & NZ are so different.

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've not had an NZ embarkation yet, just Sydney & Melbourne Dec 2019 (that one went to NZ & unable to preorder water). Plus a repeat from Sydney (same cruise as OP). So it shows up as an option on your upcoming NZ cruise? Wow. Wondering why Australia & NZ are so different.

Please re-read.  We had a NZ voyage from SYD.  But this is in the same market zone.  And there is no upcoming - this was a 2019 (Feb) voyage.  I wouldn't lay a Benjamin on it or anything close, but I don't recall not being able to order water from N.A. using Cruise Personalizer.

Edited by Steelers36

Apologies. But yeah, not sure when your voyage was in 2019 but I wasn't able to get it on my Australia 12/2019 one or since restart.  And, as all things change, doesn't matter anyway. Haven't been able to get it downunder since restart. And I can get it on every other voyage

Just checked our upcoming cruises. The one from SF to Sydney lets me see the list for wine and spirits. The ones that are actually in and around Australia give an error when I try to pull up that list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just checked our upcoming cruises. The one from SF to Sydney lets me see the list for wine and spirits. The ones that are actually in and around Australia give an error when I try to pull up that list.

Order an extra one for the cabin on the SF leg.