AOS - Internet Packages

Good day all. When planning an upcoming cruise on Adventure of the Seas, it is only showing a "surf and stream" internet package online. Once onboard are there other packages to choose from?  All I need is to check emails twice a day, so surf and stream is an expensive overkill. Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, Chrissy3427 said:

All I need is to check emails twice a day, so surf and stream is an expensive overkill.

You might be able to combine some 24 hour packages (only available on board) on sea days with port Wi-Fi for that. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mirlui said:

Related to this question: can you use the RCI app without Internet aboard ship?  And on that note, can you use the messaging feature of the app to communicated with other people in your party?

Yes you can use the RCCL app onboard the ship for free to make reservations, check out the Cruise Compass newsletter, show times and such. I believe messaging comes at an extra cost.

In regards to the Internet plans; I happen to be on the phone with a Royal representative, he seemed to imply if I just go to the internet cafe' I can check my emails there at no cost. I question whether this is true or not, but if it is, that is what I will be doing!

2 minutes ago, Chrissy3427 said:

In regards to the Internet plans; I happen to be on the phone with a Royal representative, he seemed to imply if I just go to the internet cafe' I can check my emails there at no cost. I question whether this is true or not, but if it is, that is what I will be doing!

I don't believe this is true.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chrissy3427 said:

If someone before you forgot to log off their account (which happens often we've noticed) you can otherwise no you can't.

However you can access the RCI website without signing on.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mirlui said:

Related to this question: can you use the RCI app without Internet aboard ship?  And on that note, can you use the messaging feature of the app to communicated with other people in your party?

Just make sure you download the app before you get on the ship because it requires wifi to download.

1 hour ago, Mirlui said:

1 hour ago, Chrissy3427 said:

Yes you can use the RCCL app onboard the ship for free to make reservations, check out the Cruise Compass newsletter, show times and such. I believe messaging comes at an extra cost.

The messaging feature on the app is free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissy3427 said:

100% not true.  Bless the CSRs and RC's wonderful training program.  <rolleyes>

• Like 1

Please don't leave us hanging -- what does AOS mean??  Anthem, Alure, Adventure?

smokeybandit

Adventure - AD
Allure - AL 
Anthem - AN
Brilliance - BR
Enchantment - EN
Explorer - EX
Freedom - FR
Grandeur - GR
Harmony - HM
Icon - IC
Independence - ID
Jewel - JW
Liberty - LB
Mariner - MA
Navigator - NV
Oasis - OA
Odyssey - OY
Ovation - OV 
Quantum - QN
Radiance - RD
Rhapsody - RH
Serenade - SR
Spectrum - SC
Symphony - SY
Vision - VI
Voyager - VY
Wonder - WN

Only one internet on board. If you need it for every day I recommend buying it as a package before. Daily cost is about $28 a day, which if you buy for multiple days will be on average $21 for longer cruises. If you have D or D+ discounts (1 or 2 days… or 2/4 days for a couple) you may save save something on shorter cruises, but if not precruise packages are cheaper 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:10 PM, gmerick said:

Please don't leave us hanging -- what does AOS mean??  Anthem, Alure, Adventure?

smokeybandit

Adventure - AD
Allure - AL 
Anthem - AN
Brilliance - BR
Enchantment - EN
Explorer - EX
Freedom - FR
Grandeur - GR
Harmony - HM
Icon - IC
Independence - ID
Jewel - JW
Liberty - LB
Mariner - MA
Navigator - NV
Oasis - OA
Odyssey - OY
Ovation - OV 
Quantum - QN
Radiance - RD
Rhapsody - RH
Serenade - SR
Spectrum - SC
Symphony - SY
Vision - VI
Voyager - VY
Wonder - WN

Haha! Opps... Adventure...

Some folks on the roll calls buy a 4 device package and essentially sell the extra logins to others.  Note that this requires some trust and cooperation to avoid bumping other people off.  With a 4 device package you all use the same login ID - the system just limits you to 4 devices at a time.