Customer service poor responsiveness

qster

The first time I took a cruise with Celebrity I contacted customer service ("Your personal vacation planner") and they were responsive and helpful, but that was the end of the good experience in dealing with them.

When I tried to book my 2nd cruise last year and needed assistance (with multiple rooms booking), I've sent several email messages (over 2 weeks period) but they never responded to any of them, I then tried to contact them by phone several times and always got voicemail, no call back despite leaving them several VM messages, I finally got the call back after leaving a final message with frustrating tone asking for a supervisor's contact info.

In the past week I've been trying book another cruise, I ran into an issue with the online booking so I sent email to my "vacation planner".  Again, several follow up email messages still no response, so I called and got VM as usual, left messages but still no response back.

Does anyone else have similar bad experience with Celebrity's customer service?  Should I try to get another "vacation planner" or are they all the same?

3 hours ago, qster said:

The first time I took a cruise with Celebrity I contacted customer service ("Your personal vacation planner") and they were responsive and helpful, but that was the end of the good experience in dealing with them.

When I tried to book my 2nd cruise last year and needed assistance (with multiple rooms booking), I've sent several email messages (over 2 weeks period) but they never responded to any of them, I then tried to contact them by phone several times and always got voicemail, no call back despite leaving them several VM messages, I finally got the call back after leaving a final message with frustrating tone asking for a supervisor's contact info.

In the past week I've been trying book another cruise, I ran into an issue with the online booking so I sent email to my "vacation planner".  Again, several follow up email messages still no response, so I called and got VM as usual, left messages but still no response back.

Does anyone else have similar bad experience with Celebrity's customer service?  Should I try to get another "vacation planner" or are they all the same?

Hi Qster,

For me , I usually book online with no issues so far. After I have booked if there is anything that needs to be addressed I have called the main Celebrity number 1 888 751 7804.

So far that has worked fine for me.

With regard to multiple cabins , I have not done that yet . Maybe a reputable Travel Agent would be a good idea.

Hope it all goes well for you and your group. 👍🍀🚢

• Like 1

5 hours ago, qster said:

Your experience may be the reason many of use choose to use a TA.   Their prices are the same as Celebrity's or often offer cheaper prices and/o additional OBC.  I usually only need to send one e-mail or one phone call that is answered immediately to facilitate a booking.    Normally I book online and then just email my agent to transfer it and apply his additional incentives.

Personal choice but one I would select if I experienced what you  have by calling Celebrity Direct.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have booked with Celebrity directly in the past.  My frustration is that once they secure your booking, they are not very helpful.  We found a wonderful TA locally and she has group space on most of the cruises we choose.  She has the "hotline" to her Celebrity rep to help with any issues we have, always has additional OBC for our booking, and her group rates (when available) have quite a substantial  savings.  Otherwise, her rates are the same that Celebrity has online.  I would rather that she got the commission for the booking because you get no additional perk from Celebrity by booking direct when they don't have to pay a TA commission.  I see that you are from Toronto, we are north from you in Wasaga Beach.  Our agent is in Collingwood and is part of a large franchise with a navy blue and red Cruiseship logo - she is the owner. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, qster said:

Thanks for all the replies, I'll be looking for a TA for future bookings.

Just a friendly FYI….a travel agent can take over your file from Celebrity. They can even move you into a group if they have one on the sailing you are on and give you any additional perks that come with it. That has been my experience in the past so hopefully it is still true. If you do it, please be mindful that you ask the TA that your current perks &/or OBC will be transferred to them as well with your reservation 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, debfed65 said:

Just a friendly FYI….a travel agent can take over your file from Celebrity. They can even move you into a group if they have one on the sailing you are on and give you any additional perks that come with it. That has been my experience in the past so hopefully it is still true. If you do it, please be mindful that you ask the TA that your current perks &/or OBC will be transferred to them as well with your reservation 😊

But it has to be transferred within 30 days of booking.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, debfed65 said:

Thanks for the tip