Credit for not using Regent Air

mj_holiday

On our cruise to Alaska they announced they would now offer first class air but what they are offering for the air stayed the same amount that was offered for economy air. That doesn’t make any sense. They are offering $850 for first class air if you chose to book your own. This is what was offered for economy on the same cruise. Crazy

18 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

I see the two tier system for our cruise on line, but we booked this cruise awhile ago and at a less price that what is shown.  So I guess I am looking for where that history price would be.

If you still have the brochure that was current when you booked it should be there. 

For our recently booked Iceland cruise July 2025, my wife and I each received an air credit of $3800. That’s a total of $7600 which we were extremely happy with. Looking at airfare prices for July 2024 (2025 not available yet) on Icelandair, Saga Premium seats, NY to Reykjavik round trip is running about $2400 per person. 

First, you can look on the current pricing and subtract the difference between the inclusive and non inclusive rate and it'll give you an idea of the air credit.  But if you booked a year ago, you'll have to check with your TA.

I tend to agree that it seems the air credit is less than what they really charge.  However I "ran the numbers" for our Oct. cruise.  The air credit (as I remember) was around $6000 or so.  I priced business class round trip on Royal Caribbean's website (you can get their air fare without booking a cruise) and it was about $7000 round trip per person.   So it's pretty close.  Hard to actually say if Regent keeps some of the cost, but it is what it is.  Maybe Regent gets better rates or maybe Royal Caribbean uncharges for their service.  Who really knows?