Possible to change to Select/Anytime Dining?

homeofthehound

We have a similar issue. Been booked for early dining and much prefer to select our own dining time. 
We have been told months ago by the TA that a ‘request’ has been made with Celebrity and if they are able to change it they will. As of today it hasn’t changed. 
My issue is that we are sailing in 3 weeks and I’m pretty sure it won’t be changed at this late stage. 
Does anyone know if I can ask onboard for it to be changed? We have done this once with Royal. 
Thanks. 

9 hours ago, homeofthehound said:

We recently booked a 7 day on the Reflection for November. At the time of our booking, we could only select the 8:30pm fixed dining time. We prefer Select/Anytime dining. Does anyone know - will it be possible to switch when we are onboard? TIA

To my knowledge, there is no

longer fixed dining. Celebrity system still allows you to book Fixed (Early or Late) or Anytime but fixed does not exist

5 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

longer fixed dining. Celebrity system still allows you to book Fixed (Early or Late) or Anytime but fixed does not exist

TD and SD/AT does on the S & M class ships. On the E class ships it's open dining in the 4 MDRs. 

36 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

For the M and S class there is still fixed time dining.  It is only the E class ships that no longer have fixed time dining. The Reflection is a S class and it has fixed time and anytime dining.

2 hours ago, Jandex said:

Does anyone know if I can ask onboard for it to be changed?

If you don’t clear the waitlist before you sail, you should certainly ask on board. The worst that could happen is you’ll be told they can’t do it.  When you embark, head for the MDR and see if you can speak to the Maitre d’.

well  this has happened to me twice. I have breakfast at 7 and am usually in bed by 9:30.. without food in my stomach  . I told that I would need to eat at the buffet every night at 6 so please take me off dining. I got switched within a few days. 

On 9/9/2023 at 11:51 AM, homeofthehound said:

We recently booked a 7 day on the Reflection for November. At the time of our booking, we could only select the 8:30pm fixed dining time. We prefer Select/Anytime dining. Does anyone know - will it be possible to switch when we are onboard? TIA

We were able to get it changed by calling the Captains Club line (1-844-418-6824) and speaking to a representative...I don't know if we were lucky but I hope this works for you. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 9:25 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

Been there, done that. We requested and received Fixed 8:15pm dining in June on Infinity and in August on Millennium. I would affirm that Fixed does exist.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:51 PM, homeofthehound said:

As others have said, I would get yourself waitlisted now.  I booked Apex very recently and of course so late booking I was told Select/Anytime was not available, oh well I though I will go with the flow.  Days later looking at my booking online I noticed where it shows the dining time under 'manage reservation' I notice an option to select Waitlist for Select/Anytime.  I don't even think a week passed while in reservation for something else, imagine my surprise when the waitlist was gone and we were now showing the Select/Anytime for dining.  Sweet!  Prior we were Early 6pm and waitlist for anytime.

image.thumb.png.3ac894d9d961417f997ce396968f373c.png

Worth a try if you are one to look at your booking online and able to manage your own booking (if TA in the middle I'm not sure if you can modify this yourself.)

Edited by poffles

I feel your pain. We had this happen on our August cruise on Millie. The late seating always seems to be the one available because no one wants it. (I exaggerate). But, seriously, who wants to eat that late when you often need to be up and at 'em in the morning to get off the ship. We immediately requested to change our dining time and we were told we would be on a waiting list. Of course it never happened. But we found if we showed up at the Anytime line when there wasn't a line, they would get us in.