Bottled Water Yes or No??

leesee4life55

8 minutes ago, leesee4life55 said:

I’ve been told I could bring a 12-pack of canned or boxed water. Does anyone know if Carnival is allowing the bottled 12-packs?

Nothing in bottles except on bottle of wine per adult can be in your carry on. Cans and cartons only for non-alcohol items. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned above, cans only or the bottle of wine per person. Buy the 12 pack of bottled water (16.9 oz) from the Fun Shops to be delivered to the cabin. You might consider packs of electrolytes to add to the water as well as you sweat out salts and water.

Edited by Carrion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

If you a past Carnival cruiser, you also get a free 1L bottle of water.

Yes but that is gone in no time and the bottle is too big for taking ashore, IMO. But thanks for reminding me to be sure to pick up my bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

The liter bottle are big but we take them to shore.

I would just need to take a different tote bag - the one I like the best has a mesh pocket on outside that my water bottle fits in perfectly; I don’t think the liter bottle will fit, but I'll give it a try before I buy a new tote bag.

16 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I would just need to take a different tote bag - the one I like the best has a mesh pocket on outside that my water bottle fits in perfectly; I don’t think the liter bottle will fit, but I'll give it a try before I buy a new tote bag.

Carnival sell a sling for the water bottles on the ship.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes but that is gone in no time and the bottle is too big for taking ashore, IMO. But thanks for reminding me to be sure to pick up my bottle. 

We ordered about 8 of the large bottles for the cabin, then each bought one small bottle of water from a bar after we were on board. We just poured water from the large, in-room bottle to the small bottles to carry ashore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. My vacation planner suggested packing a Yeti and filling it with iced water on the Lido deck; he also said I could request help from our cabin steward. He reminded me the water they provide is spring water and not purified, but the water on Lido deck is purified.

4 minutes ago, leesee4life55 said:

Thanks for all your help. My vacation planner suggested packing a Yeti and filling it with iced water on the Lido deck; he also said I could request help from our cabin steward. He reminded me the water they provide is spring water and not purified, but the water on Lido deck is purified.

Cabin Steward will gladly keep you supplied w/ice - we let some melt so we always had ice cold drinking water.

You can, of course, have the bottles delivered to your cabin.

20230923_213235.jpg

20230919_161837.jpg

29 minutes ago, pistnbroke said:

I find because of the high salt content, can cause retained water( (kankles)

It’s probably safe but …?

I really hate this persistent myth.  The water produced onboard has a lower salt content than most municipal water supplies in the US.  Even a southern city like Miami, that does not get road salt into the ground water, last year tested at 24-41ppm sodium, while ships produce water at 1ppm (evaporators) or 20ppm (RO units).

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chengkp75 said:

I really hate this persistent myth.  The water produced onboard has a lower salt content than most municipal water supplies in the US.

True that. I would be willing to bet most Carnival food, however, is chock full of sodium. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, leesee4life55 said:

The bottled water is purified spring water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I really hate this persistent myth.  The water produced onboard has a lower salt content than most municipal water supplies in the US.  Even a southern city like Miami, that does not get road salt into the ground water, last year tested at 24-41ppm sodium, while ships produce water at 1ppm (evaporators) or 20ppm (RO units).

So sorry that you HATED my references to the desalinated water.

i was relating to my personal experience.

on my many subsequent cruises I have not had similar results after using bottled water.

i will concede that it is possible that on that particular cruise the process may not have been up to snuff.
i will try not to hate a opinion that differs from mine

• Haha 2