Regal Princess Galveston area

beshears

We are planning a cruise on the Regal in February of next year. Do you know of any hotels close by or in Galveston that has a shuttle to the ship? If so, what are the names? There will be 7 or 8 of us and we still don't know what we are going to do about transportation to the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ssb said:

Walk two blocks to terminal from Harbor House Hotel or Tremont Hotel 

We stayed at Harbor House and loved the area, plus easy to walk to port for embarkation.  Harbor House (and Tremont Hotel) are located in a great walkable area with lots of restaurants to choose from.   Enjoyed it so much that we have rebooked at Harbor House for our spring cruise from Galveston.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for letting me know about Harbor House. The reason I say this, after I found the list of the various hotels/motels that did have a shuttle, etc. that was one of the names that I typed up for my d-i-l. Since there will be 7 or 8 of us going, she is good about getting a   hotel/motel the day before our cruise, and this will help from what you said.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you for letting me know about Harbor House. The reason I say this, after I found the list of the various hotels/motels that did have a shuttle, etc. that was one of the names that I typed up for my d-i-l. Since there will be 7 or 8 of us going, she is good about getting a   hotel/motel the day before our cruise, and this will help from what you said.

Moody Gardens is a bit further and no longer offers shuttle. They said to get Lyft or taxi. Much cheaper than Tremont & Harbor House. But I haven’t stayed there yet. 

I hit "exit" to soon. 😞  I guess what I should have said checking out the "cost" of the hotel/motel room with their shuttle, to see if it would be any cheaper than a Taxi/Lift from the hotel/motel there in Galveston.

11 hours ago, beshears said:

Dog, thanks for your reply as well, and I'll make a notation of that as well. When we leave here in KC, we normally get a Lyft, or something like that to get us to our "close" 🙂 airport.

I always compare hotels on booking. .  Com. Sites and trip advisors.

good photos and descriptions there.

• Like 1

Reina del Mar, are you saying the package (even though it was expensive) you booked through Holiday Inn Resort in Galveston, they picked you up at the Galveston airport,  you stayed overnight at the Resort, and transferred you to the ship as well? If this is the case, ballpark figure per person what was it? There are 7 or 8 of us going and I'm trying to get some figures.

36 minutes ago, beshears said:

Reina del Mar, are you saying the package (even though it was expensive) you booked through Holiday Inn Resort in Galveston, they picked you up at the Galveston airport,  you stayed overnight at the Resort, and transferred you to the ship as well? If this is the case, ballpark figure per person what was it? There are 7 or 8 of us going and I'm trying to get some figures.

There is no Galveston airport. The closest airport to Galveston is HOU (Hobby) about 40 miles and mostly Southwest Airlines. The other Houston airport is IAH (Bush Intercontinental) about 70 miles from Galveston. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, beshears said:

Texas Tillie, thank you for filling me in, even though it mentions Galveston, we actually are flying into Houston (Hobby Airport), but I gather we are cruising from Galveston, and flying into Houston, right?

Yes, I don't think any hotels in Galveston pick up at Hobby. You need to arrange that transportation yourself. The cruise lines provide transportation to the ship on the day of sailing, but not earlier days.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, beshears said:

Texas Tillie, thank you for filling me in, even though it mentions Galveston, we actually are flying into Houston (Hobby Airport), but I gather we are cruising from Galveston, and flying into Houston, right?

You can book Princess transfers to the Hobby airport in the personalizer or by calling your travel agent.

I booked a shared shuttle for 1/2 the cruiseline price for my transfer from Galveston Express. Did it online.

I live in Galveston. Tremont and Harbor House are walkable to port. If there are too of you and you are flying into Hobby, just take an Uber to the island. It will be around $50 and easier than waiting for the cruise line bus and most likely cheaper.  If you have the funds Tremont is right in the action, great bar.  Another classy option is Galvez on the sea wall. There is no commercial service into Galveston airport 

Edited by MrMan

On 9/19/2023 at 5:01 PM, beshears said:

Sorry to take so long replying.

We drove to Galveston, stayed a couple of nights at the hotel, then used their park, stay cruise package. People we met used Uber from Houston airport and to the port and found it easy.