Suite breakfasts

CruzeQueen2

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Mini-suites and Reserve Collection Mini-suites are NOT suites.  They are larger balcony cabins and will not include the Specialty Mimosa Breakfasts.  All meals will be in the Reserve MDR.  

Do the reserve class mins only eat Dinner in the Reserve MDR or breakfast and lunch as well?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

All meals when DR is open.  If you have noticed, the one DR open for breakfast and lunch is the one with Reserve/Club dining.

Except for disembarkation day (on the Caribbean Princess).  One of the few ships that offered suite breakfast in Sabatini's on disembarkation day.  The Reserve Dining Room AND breakfast for everyone else was moved to the aft dining room since they used the Reserve Dining Room for disembarkation groups.  I think (I am trying to remember), we went to Deck 6 to meet for Princess Transfers.  

To confirm:  Reserve Collection Dining was open for every breakfast/dinner and lunch on sea days.  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:35 AM, CruzeQueen2 said:

@EDDY0827 Veering slightly off-topic. Have you eaten any dinners in Harmony? And when? IF so, how was it - for you?

Thanks so much for the information about the breakfast in Harmony. Lovely setting.

Hey D.  Harmony was great when we were on Majestic, and we would return in a heartbeat.  Many have reported substandard food but we enjoyed everything immensely.   We ordered as  they recommended and were very happy.

Also, we have been enjoying suite/mimosas breakfast thru yesterday, and will be doing same on Discovery in early October.  If they do eliminate this fabulous benefit, we will have to reevaluate our bookings.  But we have been assured by our friends onboard that we will be ok.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Hey D.  Harmony was great when we were on Majestic, and we would return in a heartbeat.  Many have reported substandard food but we enjoyed everything immensely.   We ordered as  they recommended and were very happy.

Also, we have been enjoying suite/mimosas breakfast thru yesterday, and will be doing same on Discovery in early October.  If they do eliminate this fabulous benefit, we will have to reevaluate our bookings.  But we have been assured by our friends onboard that we will be 

@AnyMajorCruiseDude

Thank you. Will be in a suite on Majestic...soon. will try Harmony and of course, go back to The Catch. 

I recently received an email invitation to 360 for our November cruise on the Discovery.  The click here link didn't work,  but someone answered the phone very quickly.  The number in the email is different from the usual Princess # and the one above.  You need your booking number and cabin number. 

3 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

If you think you deserve an invitation and don't hear 7-10 days prior, try this number-661-753-2050. That is the number that has called us. Shows as a Santa Clarita number. Excitement starts when you see it on your incoming call number 🙂

That is a generic PCL number and not someone specific.  It was likely broadcast as the source rather than the actual number.

With Princess sailing ships with differing amenities and restaurants, leadership has created an impossible task for their guest relations team: providing clear information. You have the two new ships attempting to reintroduce class structure,  360 on only one ship, Vines on some ships (and being somewhat phased out in terms of what should happen there, etc. Add to that the ever-shifting plus and premiere packages—which really should be a handful of add what you need packages rather than what they are now. I feel for people who are new to Princess. We have paused sailings for a bit while Padgett and co figure out their stuff or leave.

The two, new ships look beautiful but we miss the ability to reasonably anticipate what the experience will be. Padgett is destabilizing the brand identity, disenfranchising the existing customer base, and is seemingly making decisions—marketing and product—that suit his preferences, not an identified target customer. It is sad to see and I hope this all works itself out soon. 

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That is a generic PCL number and not someone specific.  It was likely broadcast as the source rather than the actual number.

It may be but we have been invited 5 times and each call came from that number. It is getting to the point when I see it on "Caller ID", I answer with "Yes". So far, I have not received any calls from that number that was anything else 🙂   Let the anticipation and Happy Dance begin. I actually got one while on my way to the airport for the 1st of 3 B2B2B cruises and started to say that I had already been invited, only to be told it was for the 2nd cruise-They tried calling for the 3rd cruise while I was still on the earlier cruise and since I do not use my phone while aboard, I did get the call. Since they do not notify  you in any other way, I did not know about the third invite until I got home. I still have the voice mail with instructions to call back 🙂

14 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

It may be but we have been invited 5 times and each call came from that number. It is getting to the point when I see it on "Caller ID", I answer with "Yes". So far, I have not received any calls from that number that was anything else 🙂   Let the anticipation and Happy Dance begin. I actually got one while on my way to the airport for the 1st of 3 B2B2B cruises and started to say that I had already been invited, only to be told it was for the 2nd cruise-They tried calling for the 3rd cruise while I was still on the earlier cruise and since I do not use my phone while aboard, I did get the call. Since they do not notify  you in any other way, I did not know about the third invite until I got home. I still have the voice mail with instructions to call back 🙂

It is nice to have the personal touch with a call, but they really ought to follow up with an email.

Sort of related to your question, I noticed that the suite amenities that are now listed on the website look a little different from when we reserved our suite earlier this year. For example, the info sheet I have from earlier this year, has Complimentary Lotus Spa and Thermal Suite access on select ships, but I'm not seeing that on the current list of benefits. Does anyone know if that perk is still available or if it has been phased out as a suite benefit? 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, pool_lounger said:

Sort of related to your question, I noticed that the suite amenities that are now listed on the website look a little different from when we reserved our suite earlier this year. For example, the info sheet I have from earlier this year, has Complimentary Lotus Spa and Thermal Suite access on select ships, but I'm not seeing that on the current list of benefits. Does anyone know if that perk is still available or if it has been phased out as a suite benefit? 

I just booked an Owner's Suite for NYE on the Discovery and am interested to know the answer to this as well. For $10,000+ for a 7 nighter, I'll be annoyed if spa access has been taken from me!

Threads like this are unfortunate because the premise of the thread title (suggesting the breakfast was taken away) is quickly debunked and yet the title remains as it was causing additional unnecessary consternation with some members.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, seagunthera said:

I just booked an Owner's Suite for NYE on the Discovery and am interested to know the answer to this as well. For $10,000+ for a 7 nighter, I'll be annoyed if spa access has been taken from me!

We are booked in a full suite on an upcoming cruise and was also concerned about some benefits disappearing.  I found the following under FAQs: Onboard Experience/Stateroom Services:

"Mini-suites include a welcome glass of sparkling wine, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus complimentary laundry, and use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships, excluding Discovery Princess℠, Sky Princess®, Enchanted Princess®, Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, and Grand Princess®), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge."

Notice the exclusion of Discovery Princess, etc.

• Like 1

@Host CJSKIDS Please change the title of this thread. Some people think it is an inappropriate title. Rename it please to reflect what it is about. Suite breakfasts. 

Thank you to all who contributed. I appreciate all the feedback. I am now satisfied that suite breakfasts are alive and well on all ships. Majestic should have me in Harmony for the coveted breakfasts that I have enjoyed in the past. 5 days counting down...

I am not wanting to be the wet blanket. Just trying to give and receive accurate information. 

Thanks to everyone. Cruising is still good, isn't it? I think so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sea&SkiCruiser said:

We are booked in a full suite on an upcoming cruise and was also concerned about some benefits disappearing.  I found the following under FAQs: Onboard Experience/Stateroom Services:

"Mini-suites include a welcome glass of sparkling wine, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus complimentary laundry, and use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships, excluding Discovery Princess℠, Sky Princess®, Enchanted Princess®, Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, and Grand Princess®), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge."

Notice the exclusion of Discovery Princess, etc.

Thank you...I may have to rethink things!

36 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Thank you...I may have to rethink things!

use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships, excluding Discovery Princess℠, Sky Princess®, Enchanted Princess®, Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, and Grand Princess®), 

None of the Royal Class ships (mentioned above) have a "Thermal Suite".  I believe they have an Enclave that is also not included as a suite perk.  The Grand does not have a "thermal suite" either.  You really aren't missing much. 

The complimentary "thermal suites" on the Grand/Gem class ships include a hot stone bed.  I know they have saunas, but have never used them.  Their showers are pretty pathetic.  And no "thermal pool" to speak of.

First time in a full suite cruising to NZ from Aus over Christmas/New Year - could someone enlighten me as to what makes the suite breakfast so special? Is it just that it is in a different location and no doubt has amazing service or is there more to it than that?

Could someone also help wth my the complimentary specialty dining on boarding day - how do I reserve this, or are we just allocated to a restaurant at a certain time?

Cruising on Grand Princess if that makes any difference.

Thanks!!