Suite breakfasts

CruzeQueen2

22 minutes ago, Essence08 said:

First time in a full suite cruising to NZ from Aus over Christmas/New Year - could someone enlighten me as to what makes the suite breakfast so special? Is it just that it is in a different location and no doubt has amazing service or is there more to it than that?

Could someone also help wth my the complimentary specialty dining on boarding day - how do I reserve this, or are we just allocated to a restaurant at a certain time?

Cruising on Grand Princess if that makes any difference.

Thanks!!

You will love the Grand Princess.  Suite breakfast will be in the Crown Grill (Deck 7/midship).  

Specialty Dinner on embarkation night.  Just stop by the restaurant of your choice to make a reservation or call the Dine Line.  Restaurant times are generally open and you can choice where and when.  Never an issue.  If you call from your stateroom, it will come up as a suite ID on the other end.  

As for breakfast.  Much depends on who the Assistant Manager is in the Crown Grill.  I have had ones that will do nothing more than what is in their kitchen (available for suites).  I have had some that will take a request, as long as it in available from the MDR or buffet.  I have had a very select few who will "find me" crab for a crab/avocado omelette.  On my cruises on the Grand, disembarkation suite breakfast was not offered.  All you can do is ask...and hopefully, they will provide.

Also, mimosas every morning.  Specialty coffees.  Service is wonderful.  I once brought my own cinnamon donut (from the IC) up to breakfast.  After that, it was waiting for me every morning.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Essence08 said:

could someone enlighten me as to what makes the suite breakfast so special? Is it just that it is in a different location and no doubt has amazing service or is there more to it than that?

It is in a different venue which is nowhere near as hectic as the MRD, in fact it is an oasis of calm. There is mimosa available everyday is you so wish and basically you can have whatever you want, subject to having it onboard, freshly cooked.

44 minutes ago, Essence08 said:

Could someone also help wth my the complimentary specialty dining on boarding day - how do I reserve this, or are we just allocated to a restaurant at a certain time?

Some have been able to reserve it in advance via the app others when trying have been charged (refunded when onboard). You can reserve it once onboard or just turn up at your chosen venue

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
39 minutes ago, david63 said:

Some have been able to reserve it in advance via the app others when trying have been charged (refunded when onboard). You can reserve it once onboard or just turn up at your chosen venue

They keep some table free for suites on the first night so you will easily be able to book once on board.

6 hours ago, Essence08 said:

First time in a full suite cruising to NZ from Aus over Christmas/New Year - could someone enlighten me as to what makes the suite breakfast so special? Is it just that it is in a different location and no doubt has amazing service or is there more to it than that?

Thanks!!

Was on Enchanted in July. Breakfast waiter said the chef will make you anything you want if they have the ingredients . We tested the system and asked for biscuits and gravy . Best I have had in years. We had several other special requests and it was great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cptlapcat said:

Was on Enchanted in July. Breakfast waiter said the chef will make you anything you want if they have the ingredients . We tested the system and asked for biscuits and gravy . Best I have had in years. We had several other special requests and it was great.

chicken and waffles?

shrimp and cheese grits?

real hashbrowns? not those round lumps from the buffet?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Essence08 said:

Thanks!!

You can call the dine line when you get on board to arrange first night dinner assuming you cruise is at least 6 days. Breakfast is very personal with great attention. 

On 9/15/2023 at 3:00 PM, emairs said:

We were on the Enchanted last September and no invitation. We’ll be on the Discovery in March, but I’m not holding my breath.

If you try to do a booking for a suite on the Discovery, it actually appears there:  "book a suite and receive an invitation to 360 dining experience".  If you don't receive a phone call by 3 or 4 weeks prior to departure, you should call and question it.

On 9/21/2023 at 4:48 AM, seagunthera said:

I just booked an Owner's Suite for NYE on the Discovery and am interested to know the answer to this as well. For $10,000+ for a 7 nighter, I'll be annoyed if spa access has been taken from me!

Seems to me Thermal Suite, etc  is nit complimentary on the Discovery because it does not have a Thermal Suite.  We have been in Full Suites on Majestic and Discovery 4 times in the last 2 years (most recent in August of this year) and there is no complimentary access to anything in the spa  area.

I'm not a big breakfast eater but I admit I am excited to try the suite breakfasts.  What is everyone's favorite off menu things to order?   In the buffet I typically get a ham and cheese omelet with various veggies and I expect to be able to order something like that with hash browns or other potatoes.  I also love trying whatever is in the international breakfast area because most of those foods I have never heard of before and I expect for anything like that I would just have to be a hobbit and have 2nd breakfast in the buffet.  What else should I try?

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 6:58 AM, kat_merle said:

I'm not a big breakfast eater but I admit I am excited to try the suite breakfasts.  What is everyone's favorite off menu things to order?   In the buffet I typically get a ham and cheese omelet with various veggies and I expect to be able to order something like that with hash browns or other potatoes.  I also love trying whatever is in the international breakfast area because most of those foods I have never heard of before and I expect for anything like that I would just have to be a hobbit and have 2nd breakfast in the buffet.  What else should I try?

The Specialty French Toast is beyond amazing! ❤

• Like 2

@jwattle I prefer the poached eggs with roasted potatoes in a decorative glass.  The hollandaise sauce is off to the side.  Add a rash of bacon....yum.  Served every day.

Off the menu:  omelette that includes everything but the kitchen sink with pico de gallo on the side. 

My request for a crab/avocado omelette hasn't been requested in a long time.  I guess I've been told "no" too often. 

Corned beef hash from the buffet.  Cowboy steak from the MDR.  Slices of watermelon only or orange wedges.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:18 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

You will love the Grand Princess.  Suite breakfast will be in the Crown Grill (Deck 7/midship).  

We just got off the Grand on 9/23 and the suite breakfast was in Sabatinis not the Crown Grill.  We had a lovely waiter William..he was the best and then at night he moved to Crown grill and we had him again there as he saw our reservation and pulled us to his table.  

3 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

We are on a 4 day Discovery cruise in November. It appears the embarkation specialty dining for suite guests is no longer just for 6 day or longer cruises. Can anyone confirm this?

We have received the complimentary specialty dinner on a 4 day (Grand in Oct 21) and a 5 day (Discovery Nov 22). I was able to book the last one in the app, $0 charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

We are on a 4 day Discovery cruise in November. It appears the embarkation specialty dining for suite guests is no longer just for 6 day or longer cruises. Can anyone confirm this?

I am on a 4 day followed by a 16 day on the Crown. First night on the 4 day was not a comp. We did get a comp on the last night but that was for being  5th most traveled to make up for the fact that there was no lunch

Edited by memoak

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@jwattle I prefer the poached eggs with roasted potatoes in a decorative glass.  The hollandaise sauce is off to the side.  Add a rash of bacon....yum.  Served every day.

Off the menu:  omelette that includes everything but the kitchen sink with pico de gallo on the side. 

My request for a crab/avocado omelette hasn't been requested in a long time.  I guess I've been told "no" too often. 

Corned beef hash from the buffet.  Cowboy steak from the MDR.  Slices of watermelon only or orange wedges.

We love the suite breakfast one of the best perks for a suite. I wonder if I can get a filet. Have 2 cruises coming up on the Emerald and Majestic and will see.

27 minutes ago, gvre said:

We love the suite breakfast one of the best perks for a suite. I wonder if I can get a filet. Have 2 cruises coming up on the Emerald and Majestic and will see.

Sorry, no filets, lobster, or other main meats from specialty dining rooms.  Usually, it is anything from the MDR/buffet breakfast menu (hence Cowboy steak or breakfast steak).  I tried....since they were making lobster ravioli in Sabatini's....thought they could sneak a nibble or two.  No chance.

• Like 1