Room Safe

george35

Just a little TIP---When you retire for the night open your safe--REASON if there is an emergency & they have to shut down all electricy & other stuff the safe MIGHT be shut down so if there is any emergency you can grab all your stuff you put in the safe & take it with you. Just a little thought for you to think about.

george35

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, george35 said:

They are but in the dark can you see the numbers?

george35

I would think that the batteries power the display also.  It would seem hard to believe that there would be a separate power source for the display.

Edit: I just realized you mean the keypad numbers.  As others have indicated, a flashlight would help with that.

Edited by time4u2go

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've read to use a Zip Lock bag inside the safe and place everything inside the bag, so nothing is loose in the safe.   This was mentioned after a fire on one of the ships.   

M

Ziploc bag keeps things from getting lost or forgotten in the safe.  We had a black wallet "lost" in the safe because my DH couldn't see it and it was flat against the side, tucked into the space between the hinge and the safe wall.  I checked the safe and found it but not before the whole room was searched.  I should know better that my DH can't find anything that is right in front of him.  We now search the safe and have found loose change, a diamond earring and a JUUL pen.  We left the change but turned the earring and JUUL into guest services.

• Like 2

I'm on Oasis and the safe is totally battery operated.  No wires going to it.

This is the exact unit in my room.
https://www.indelb.com/en/product/safe-10-plus-smart/

It appears RC can look up the codes from the last 300 openings.  So maybe don't use the PIN from your bank card.

"The Safe 10 Plus Smart safe is compact and ideal for limited space. With a wired keyboard, backlit display and interior mat, the safe keeps your valuables safe with a double security system. It comes with a Data Kit to store and analyze the last 300 openings made by users."

12 hours ago, george35 said:

Just a little TIP---When you retire for the night open your safe--REASON if there is an emergency & they have to shut down all electricy & other stuff the safe MIGHT be shut down so if there is any emergency you can grab all your stuff you put in the safe & take it with you. Just a little thought for you to think about.

george35

Nope,  completely untrue, safes are battery operated.

Only problem with obviously using your phone to open safe which was the first thing i thought of was if someone actually locked their phone in safe as I have read people actually do.  So going on the what if scenario, at night, keep your phone by you for a flashlight.

What safe? 

Do you mean the completely inefficient microwave? Only thing less reliable is the coffee machine in the Diamond lounge.

I am impressed by the wallet saving strategies. By the time I get on board, RCI has usually ensured that artefact is well beyond any hope of rescue!

Edited by Jetdriver787
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1