Not seeing embarkation lunch for WOTS

16 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hello cruising pals-

We are sailing on Wonder October 15th. We like to do the embarkation day lunch.

I was looking at my cruise planner and don't see it listed as an option to purchase.

Am I missing something?

Happy cruising.

Not an option in the MDR. You'll need to head to the WJ. 

24 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hello cruising pals-

We are sailing on Wonder October 15th. We like to do the embarkation day lunch.

I was looking at my cruise planner and don't see it listed as an option to purchase.

Am I missing something?

Happy cruising.

You have to purchase the Key for that.

2 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

I do remember on other ships having Giovani's or chops lunch for embarkation even without the Key.

I've have done alot of Royal cruise and don't ever remember having lunch in the MDR. I know celebrity dose it if you are in a concierge class cabin.

Our cruise on Jewel on Oct 20 does not have a specialty open for lunch which we always do to avoid the WJ.  I've been checking for months.  Our other cruises that have reservations open have lunch on boarding day.  In Jan on Wonder we're doing Mason Jar and in Apr on Vision we're doing Chops.  After that, it's too far out.  We've had lunch on Jewel in Chops before so I know they do it usually.  I guess we'll just wait til cabins open and then go grab something in the WJ once the crowds with all their luggage have left.  It just means eating a bigger breakfast and probably getting something at Cafe Latretudes to hold us over as we have late dining.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

I don't remember ever seeing a specialty dining lunch on embarkation day.

Only with the Key, and rarely on a B2B.

We have on multiple trips.  As for B2B, the only time we had lunch on turnaround day in a specialty was on Oasis.  We've eaten in Chops, Jamie's and GIovanni's on different ships on embarkation day.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

We have on multiple trips.  As for B2B, the only time we had lunch on turnaround day in a specialty was on Oasis.  We've eaten in Chops, Jamie's and GIovanni's on different ships on embarkation day.

Depends on Ship and number B2B. On Radiance Class can be in main Dining or WJ Annex, sometimes Gio's. Think only done Chop's once and that was long time ago. On Serenade now doing B4B, this month was Gio's once and 2 times in Main Dining

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I recommend boarding day lunch in the Windjammer.... should quiet and not crowded. 

I know this was an attempt at sarcasm but I love getting to the WJ as soon as it opens on embarkation day. It's not crowded for a little while as many people have not boarded yet, many who have are wandering around, booking things, exploring, etc.

Everyone has their preferences but I enjoy my embarkation lunch there (I just miss the paella). That said, it obviously does get quite crowded after a time. That's when I usually go find something else like a kummelweck from Park Cafe.

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

I don't remember ever seeing a specialty dining lunch on embarkation day.

Only with the Key, and rarely on a B2B.

We have on almost every cruise since the restart. Typically we book Giovanni's or Jamies but we have on occasion done Chops but it is usually not open.