Evening Shows

RetroRod

We completed two cruises in 2023 on the Splendor with last one in June. The same 4 shows, Bohemian Soul, Diamond Run, Crossroads, and Divos and Divas were performed on both cruises. We have another cruise booked for October 2024 and those same shows are listed again on the website. Does Regent periodically change their shows? Maybe what was shown on their website are notional shows or placeholders. Does anyone have recent experience or information on this subject? Hopefully, a Regent rep. will weigh-in

I think that there are common shows to all ships, i.e. "Divos and Divas", "Broadway in Concert", and some shows that are specific to certain ships. ("Bohemian Soul", "Diamond Run" on Splendor)  "Paradis" on Explorer,), and many shows that you may or may not see on any given cruise.

For me, the main factor is the quality of the production cast, which with rare exceptions are wonderful.

• Like 1

The 2024 cruise is on the Grandeur with the shows I mentioned. I agree quality of cast/show is important, but seeing something different would be nice. 
Avidtravler

If you search for a particular cruise and go to Itinerary then scroll past cabins and itinerary you finds Shows. 

That’s really interesting thanks - I found four shows listed for our February cruise . Having never been on a cruise before , how does this work on a 12 night cruise ? Do the four shows just re- run , so 3 times each ? Or is there a different kind of performance every night for the 12 nights ? Thanks 😀

2 hours ago, Jchisley said:

That’s really interesting thanks - I found four shows listed for our February cruise . Having never been on a cruise before , how does this work on a 12 night cruise ? Do the four shows just re- run , so 3 times each ? Or is there a different kind of performance every night for the 12 nights ? Thanks 😀

There are often guest performances, such as a comic, magician, or solo artist, and the production team members might perform individually or in small groups. If you’re lucky, the cruise director will bring a local act on board on nights you don’t leave a port until late (not sure if this happens anymore post-shutdown).

I’m pretty sure each production show only runs once per cruise segment.

My question—where are people seeing this list of shows?

2 minutes ago, RELS said:

There are often guest performances, such as a comic, magician, or solo artist, and the production team members might perform individually or in small groups. If you’re lucky, the cruise director will bring a local act on board on nights you don’t leave a port until late (not sure if this happens anymore post-shutdown).

I’m pretty sure each production show only runs once per cruise segment.

My question—where are people seeing this list of shows?

11 hours ago, RetroRod said:

The 2024 cruise is on the Grandeur with the shows I mentioned. I agree quality of cast/show is important, but seeing something different would be nice. 
Avidtravler

If you search for a particular cruise and go to Itinerary then scroll past cabins and itinerary you finds Shows. 

Thank you ! Sounds great !

I followed the instructions of the post higher up in this thread as to where to find the shows ⬆️ 

12 hours ago, RetroRod said:

I’ve tried to look at the shows on our upcoming Mariner Christmas cruise. but I get the following, but nothing specific about the shows - I tried on both iPad and Laptop: 

IMG_0944.thumb.jpeg.4c012e7fcc435c5e52afc404fac5b794.jpegIMG_0945.thumb.jpeg.d816a5efc9fcd35a4806c6ca90b5dbc3.jpeg

In regard to my original post "Does Regent periodically change their shows?" I sent an email to Jennefer asking that question. Below is her reply. I didn't ask when the 3–5 year time frame began on the different ships. At least I learned shows do change, but just don't know when.

"Every ship has their own unique shows which usually runs for 3-5 years onboard, with cast members and songs changing often. So you will see entirely different productions on both Grandeur and Mariner. I hope that answers your question but please let me know if you need any additional info."

Thanks!

Jennefer 

Jennefer Teegen | Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty

Some shows stay around for at least 5 years. On the Splendor in Dec, they had the same named shows  as on the Navigator in 2018. But the entertainers were different and some songs. I am talking about the 4/5 big shows not the individual acts. Those do vary.

I consider both Jennefer Teegan and Mike Moore to be "Outstanding Representatives" on behalf of the Regent brand.  They both spend a lot of time researching and promptly answering customer questions.  I really appreciate them both monitoring the Regent forum and the various topics of discussion that "pop up" on CC from time to time.  This is a very nice and important "personal touch" that they add to the whole "Regent experience".  Regards.

• Like 6

I agree. I wish they would address the continuing issues with Destination Services. It is a consistent theme on these boards that this group is the Achilles heel for the Regent experience. I personally got that “I don’t care” treatment and witnessed 2 other incidents when waiting to get my bus tickets.

• Like 5

Thanks so much, fellow Grandeur cruiser, for sharing what we will be enjoying as entertainment in the Grandeur.  After years of British Invasion and Mind the Gap in other lines, this will be welcomed.  But, hey, I've been a Beatles fan for ages...I mean, since the 60's of course.

• Like 1

On Voyager this time last year, there was a Freddie Mercury tribute act who had the crowd in the palm of his hand for a couple of evenings.  A bit different, but I'm not sure how well Queen's music goes down with an international audience?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

On Voyager this time last year, there was a Freddie Mercury tribute act who had the crowd in the palm of his hand for a couple of evenings.  A bit different, but I'm not sure how well Queen's music goes down with an international audience?

We had Josh Henderson doing Queen last night on Navigator and the crowd went wild.  I thought everybody loves Queen.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BBWC said:

We had Josh Henderson doing Queen last night on Navigator and the crowd went wild.  I thought everybody loves Queen.

That's the one!  Isn't he great?  We thought it might possibly have been the first time someone strutted around a Regent stage wearing a Union flag 😉   But yes, he hit the spot with our crowd on Voyager too.

4 minutes ago, TheRampantSnail said:

I just wish they would broaden horizons.

I understand.  We have hoped for more classical music, but then on the odd occasion when there's a pianist or similar, people sit chatting throughout - so that doesn't really work.  (Maybe in one of the smaller venues?)  Songs from the shows are a bit hit and miss...and comedians even more so.  If I'm honest, I'm just glad I don't have the task of booking entertainers!

We saw a show in celebrity several years ago and a similar show on NCL many years ago that was similar to cirque du soleil type show.  Was really different and enjoyable couple music with the dance/acrobatics.  Would love to see something like that on regent or SS