Casual Dining on Premium Package

katmigordon

Thank you, I was unaware.  It's fine as I just wanted to see what Princess is like as I have never done one before.  May change to Premier and that will sort it out. 🙂

40 minutes ago, ChynaS said:

Thank you, I was unaware.  It's fine as I just wanted to see what Princess is like as I have never done one before.  May change to Premier and that will sort it out. 🙂

We took premier on our last two cruises and probably will for the next one too. Sadly, we are often disappointed with the MDR food and find that it's just not served hot enough. The maitre'd said the UK passengers like it hotter than other nationalities!

• Like 1

The Caribbean Princess does not have smaller separated dining rooms.  On the Diamond, they did add walls to separate the main dining rooms on deck 5 and 6 midship.  

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Caribbean Princess does not have smaller separated dining rooms.  On the Diamond, they did add walls to separate the main dining rooms on deck 5 and 6 midship.  

They have 3 separate main dining rooms.  Maybe they are not small? 

3 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

They have 3 separate main dining rooms.  Maybe they are not small? 

Correct, there are 3 main dining rooms that are as wide as the ship.  On the Diamond, the main dining rooms on deck 5 and 6 have walls separating the mid-deck MDRs into 4 smaller dining rooms.  Same menu, different decor, slightly quieter.  

11 hours ago, rosevew said:

What would you do with the 2 'paid for in the package' meals then? We don't have 3 courses either but why pay $8.50 for a pizza when you've already got it paid for, unless you are wanting more than the included ones? We sometimes share an included pizza which means that our 2 each becomes 4 each.

This where these packages become unfair. You get two inclusions on a one week cruise but still get only two on a five week cruise.

11 hours ago, js 20 said:

This where these packages become unfair. You get two inclusions on a one week cruise but still get only two on a five week cruise.

As I know from experience, so unfair

22 hours ago, js 20 said:

True if it is a single Five week cruise that is not sold in segments.

i recall a couple years ago when I cruise fro San Pedro to Tahiti and back on a single 28 day cruise.  I received one mini bar set up.  

On 2/4/2024 at 5:08 PM, js 20 said:

14 hours ago, rosevew said:

As I know from experience, so unfair

There is nothing unfair about it. The package does appear to be a better value for a short cruise. That may or may not have been a good business decision by Princess, but fairness has nothing to do with it. However, Princess has clearly defined the inclusions, and you have the option to purchase the product or not. If you think the package is not a good deal for your specific situation, then you don't have to buy it. If I think it is a good deal for me, then I will buy it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

There is nothing unfair about it. The package does appear to be a better value for a short cruise. That may or may not have been a good business decision by Princess, but fairness has nothing to do with it. However, Princess has clearly defined the inclusions, and you have the option to purchase the product or not. If you think the package is not a good deal for your specific situation, then you don't have to buy it. If I think it is a good deal for me, then I will buy it.

Trust the mathematician.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

True if it is a single Five week cruise that is not sold in segments.

i recall a couple years ago when I cruise fro San Pedro to Tahiti and back on a single 28 day cruise.  I received one mini bar set up.  

One one 2 night cruise we got two mini bar setups - suite & elite

We are sailing Feb 18 on the Caribbean Princess, and wondering which restaurants are considered 'casual dining'? On the pdf it only lists Planks BBQ and Steamers, both pop-ups. Just curious if they pop-up daily or only on selected days....and if anyone has tried them.

12 minutes ago, Carolina.girl said:

We are sailing Feb 18 on the Caribbean Princess, and wondering which restaurants are considered 'casual dining'? On the pdf it only lists Planks BBQ and Steamers, both pop-ups. Just curious if they pop-up daily or only on selected days....and if anyone has tried them.

The most recent reports are they are alternating the days Planks and Steamers is open, so one day Planks, the next day Steamers and so on. Believe Caribbean also has Vines which will have the Deli plate available after 4 or 5 pm.

YouTube is your friend in finding recent reviews of these venues, food is subjective.

Edited by wallyj

35 minutes ago, Carolina.girl said:

Planks and Steamers alternate nights up in the aft end of the buffet area 

Vines has charcuterie daily after 4. Very generous portion. 

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Planks and Steamers alternate nights up in the aft end of the buffet area 

Vines has charcuterie daily after 4. Very generous portion. 

On the Crown last month Vines was open at 11am on sea days. We did lunch there twice

On 9/24/2023 at 10:04 PM, NavyVeteran said:

If I order a prix free meal, I suspect I could leave some items off - and just get an appetizer, for example. I doubt they would force me to eat the rest of the meal.

I think the real question is whether or not there is a time restriction between two prix free meals. If I want two appetizers (charged as two prix free meals), is there a minimum time I have to wait between the two meals?

You get a special plaque in your honor posted on the wall if you can eat 10 meals in one hour...